[Bug 0.634] Stairs! Slow to climb and get stuck at top

Users who are viewing this thread

[0.634]

Climbing stairs is now very slow depending on the steepness, and you get stuck at the top step.
I've tried many stairs now, and it's the same all over.

(It's a bit the same in multiplayer, but not as slow and you don't always get stuck at the top).

Made a short video from Almerra (athletics 3 and light armour)
http://www.4shared.com/file/155504007/988d06d7/WarbandSP-BugStairs.html

Apparently this has got to do with the latest tweak to slow down slope climbing :\

Since this affects MP as well a new version will roll out a lot sooner than usual, probably... But it's also Friday. *crosses fingers*

In the meantime we can still continue testing other features and get through battles using the CTRL-F4 cheat.

Hm I'm getting stuck at the bottom of stairs, I have to jump over them to get up (if they are small...)

I'm on .635, with .635 hotfix.

Yeah, I get stuck at the top and bottom of some stairs. I'm guessing that the new physics is a bit unforgiving with unlinked manifold col meshes. If you take a look at the col meshes in openBRF some of the col mesh of the stairs have a step at the top which gives the character a steep incline and stops you from getting over it:

col_issues.jpg

Either the physics need to be tweaked out some more or that all col meshes be adjusted to get rid of all protruding edges that form a steep incline.

Back
Top Bottom