Buff Guards

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfWar

Sergeant at Arms
I do not care how you do it,

But it needs to be done

Because right now the guards are UP and are total **** and Im not playing them anymore

I mean that extra athletics the assassins have means so much, That is one thing I find to be wrong atm

I have already done some things like increasing guard speed so that Assassins are not faster when for example reloading a pistol. They will still be slower than Assassins, but not that much and, as I said, when reloading, a guard will be faster than an Assassin. Also, they get throwing weapons and Arwuebuse in the next version, we will see if that changes anything. And they are not that UP, they just require much mroe tzeamplay than Assassins.

Two handed weapons yes, and throwing probably. One handed is fine with 2 hits and ranged too I think. Ranged onehit would be very OP (Although the Arquebuse will be onehit but long reload time and you need to stay in a place.)

Usually guards can one-hit. The bows already rape you with headshots, and if you aim a sword to the head, it usually kills from what I've noted. Axes slice your head anyway, a little bit of aiming is just needed.

but atm with lower athletics, manuvering is a little slow combined with armour, making it hard to kill an assassin even when they choose to fight

I already did some changes and we tested yesterday. I think it is fine now, especially when an Assassin carries more than one book he is really slow atm.

Yea, that will become better soon with the new update. As I said, we already did some tests on that for the next version. Guards are now much faster. (Though njot faster than Asssassins, they can run away, but it's harder for them. And guards are faster when you carry books in the next version.)

What...

Did I misunderstand you or do you actually mean that books are gonna have negative encumbrance for guards? Gee I mean folks will just pack some paper and turbo down the alleys:O

splofot said:
Heh, maybe a new guard class then, a huge naked man with the biggest weapon you can code, like a two meter double-sided Viking axe?

I'm not going to say Vikings never had, but they certainly didn't use double-sided axes in their times in war. Don't make me go history nazi on you!  :evil:

Well i say buff the guards when the attack is in the belly of the fat guards, (obv. keep headshots 1 hit kill)
But when the stab is in the back with a knife stabing the person, it would be cool for a 1 hit kill(like orc bane in the old lord of the rings video games for GameCube), but slashes should not be 1 hit kill.
This would add more fun and challenge to the assasins and the guards.
Whats your opinion?

Slytacular said:
splofot said:
Heh, maybe a new guard class then, a huge naked man with the biggest weapon you can code, like a two meter double-sided Viking axe?

I'm not going to say Vikings never had, but they certainly didn't use double-sided axes in their times in war. Don't make me go history nazi on you!  :evil:
I know, but the modern-day film-industry thinks they do. I just added that word to make it more clear ( what axe I was talking about) cause there are other double-sided axes aswell like the firefighter axes in my region. But hey now you knew what kind of axe I meant!

Just, don't always read my stuff all serious ( I'm not that serious). I do this to have some fun, not to write short texts correct in any possible way.

splofot said:
Slytacular said:
splofot said:

I know, but the modern-day film-industry thinks they do. I just added that word to make it more clear ( what axe I was talking about) cause there are other double-sided axes aswell like the firefighter axes in my region. But hey now you knew what kind of axe I meant!

Just, don't always read my stuff all serious ( I'm not that serious). I do this to have some fun, not to write short texts correct in any possible way.

That's the difference between you and me. Fight the modern media-industry for historical correctness!  :smile:

Anyways, yes. Do buff guards. Like ManofWar, I can't stand to play as guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom