MP Buff cav and nerf spear

Users who are viewing this thread

Agreed. Spear damage is ****ing hilarious and it outranges my 3m lance all the time.It is fast af and can rear my horse. Also archers can oneshot my horse. Literally everything in this game counters cav and that's stupidly unbalanced. I'm not even talking about pilas. Imo this is the only reason skirmish is unplayable atm

My experiences using a pike against cavalry players:
  • my stab glances on horse doing no damage
  • my stab hits horse for 14 damage, but it doesn't rear
  • my stab is blocked by their shield as they horse bump me
  • my stab somehow has less range than their lance and I die
  • my stab rears horse but when I follow up by stabbing the rider in the back it glances for 0 damage
  • they see me bracing and avoid me
  • they see me bracing and slow down and stab me
  • they hit my brace and their horse takes 78 damage without rearing
  • they hit my brace and their horse dies, I try to stab them with pike as they stand and glance

My experiences using a pike against cavalry players:
  • my stab glances on horse doing no damage
  • my stab hits horse for 14 damage, but it doesn't rear
  • my stab is blocked by their shield as they horse bump me
  • my stab somehow has less range than their lance and I die
  • my stab rears horse but when I follow up by stabbing the rider in the back it glances for 0 damage
  • they see me bracing and avoid me
  • they see me bracing and slow down and stab me
  • they hit my brace and their horse takes 78 damage without rearing
  • they hit my brace and their horse dies, I try to stab them with pike as they stand and glance
100% same experience. Feels frustrating dying to incoming cav which u see from a mile away while wielding a pike. (not talking about X mod but normal thrusts). In warband basically you pay asap with cav by being reckless but here it's free real-estate

We're now so deep in the memeforest no one can see the memetrees.

Pikes are a joke in this game.

The very concept that a pike can "glance" off a horse because it is "too close" to a charging horse is insane.
The pike is too close to the horse.
The sharp pike.
With a steel spike on top.
That the horse moved "too close" to.
So now the pike is "too close", as in, inside that horse's head.
That horse is dead.
From having a pike inside its head.

Except he's completely fine, takes 0 damage, you go into some insane recoil animation, and are instagibbed by a couched lance that is almost a full meter shorter than your pike.

Meanwhile, being struck with the haft of a glaive can easily instagib you.

Imagine if the solution to pike squares this whole time was to just run really fast into them. Fairly confident people tried that.

Unfortunately, the idea that you can be too close to be injured to a sharp metal object is a fundamental part of our Physics Based Combat and will not be going anywhere.

We're now so deep in the memeforest no one can see the memetrees.

Pikes are a joke in this game.

The very concept that a pike can "glance" off a horse because it is "too close" to a charging horse is insane.
The pike is too close to the horse.
The sharp pike.
With a steel spike on top.
That the horse moved "too close" to.
So now the pike is "too close", as in, inside that horse's head.
That horse is dead.
From having a pike inside its head.

Except he's completely fine, takes 0 damage, you go into some insane recoil animation, and are instagibbed by a couched lance that is almost a full meter shorter than your pike.

Meanwhile, being struck with the haft of a glaive can easily instagib you.

Imagine if the solution to pike squares this whole time was to just run really fast into them. Fairly confident people tried that.

Unfortunately, the idea that you can be too close to be injured to a sharp metal object is a fundamental part of our Physics Based Combat and will not be going anywhere.
Don't forget the absolute insanity that you can be bumped by the horse as the couch lance misses you but then the bump pushes you into the couch lance resulting in a kill.

Seriously, I think both stabbing polearms are useless, and shock cavalry are impotent.

I think both things need a buff. A shock cavalry charge should ****ing annihilate unprepared infantry. Spears should become the bare necessity to fight them. Pikes should be the hard counter, but vulnerable to range.

Cav is insanely underpowered at the moment. Of course what nobody who talks about the merits of pikes vs cav ever talks about the multitude of uses cavalry had in warfare that are not shown in this game. Realistically if a lone cavalryman came across a lone pikeman he's obviously not going to charge at the pike headlong. What he would do, is get close, and this is the part people conveniently forget to mention, considering he's riding a warhorse, they tended to be trained to ACTUALLY fight the infantry as well. That horse would be biting and kicking that infantryman while the mounted knight would be slashing their head off. It wouldn't be much of a contest 1v1, that's why pikes had to be IN FORMATION for them to be effective against cavalry charges. Which they are in this game. So sure the lone cavalry charging headlong at a pike and winning it may be unrealistic somewhat, but it's certainly not impossible to win that fight as the pikeman and you should be able to rear the horse before the lance can hit you. That being said, if you wanted total realism, you would have even less of a chance in that fight compared to historical combat. It's also a big ask to the developers to even implement that sort of realism for cavalry.

Cav is insanely underpowered at the moment. Of course what nobody who talks about the merits of pikes vs cav ever talks about the multitude of uses cavalry had in warfare that are not shown in this game. Realistically if a lone cavalryman came across a lone pikeman he's obviously not going to charge at the pike headlong. What he would do, is get close, and this is the part people conveniently forget to mention, considering he's riding a warhorse, they tended to be trained to ACTUALLY fight the infantry as well. That horse would be biting and kicking that infantryman while the mounted knight would be slashing their head off. It wouldn't be much of a contest 1v1, that's why pikes had to be IN FORMATION for them to be effective against cavalry charges. Which they are in this game. So sure the lone cavalry charging headlong at a pike and winning it may be unrealistic somewhat, but it's certainly not impossible to win that fight as the pikeman and you should be able to rear the horse before the lance can hit you. That being said, if you wanted total realism, you would have even less of a chance in that fight compared to historical combat. It's also a big ask to the developers to even implement that sort of realism for cavalry.
You only play captain i assume ?

No I play all modes available in this game. I assume you don't play captain mode?
How in any shape or form can you even come close to having this opinion while playing pvp modes ? Cavalry sucks donkey balls in Captain mode, but is completely utterly overpowered so out of proportion that my 65 years old mother with 0 gaming knowledge would find them OP on sight.

How in any shape or form can you even come close to having this opinion while playing pvp modes ? Cavalry sucks donkey balls in Captain mode, but is completely utterly overpowered so out of proportion that my 65 years old mother with 0 gaming knowledge would find them OP on sight.
It's pretty easy. Just git gud and cav is not a problem anymore.

People really need to stop talking about nerving and buffing. There will ALLWAYS be people who are not satisfied. EVERY multiplayer game has better/stronger troops and factions and those who are weaker. At some point you just got to deal with it. People might have forgotten how grim things were during alpha and beta, it really has improved significantly! I think we are at a pretty good state right now in terms of balance. Its time to move on to more urgent things that need to be taken care of or else we will sit here in 3 years still discussing if horses need 2 more hp.

Cavs are paper in this game, they die by one shot, please buff them
LOL what? Cav is not in ANY way too weak in cap mode. Cav AI is though. Paper thin ? Today I fired and hit a cataphract with nearly 20 arrows before he was down. And my unit only has 20 arrows all in all. Because of his amour and my archer perks, every hit only made between 10-15 damage. But, he only need to hit me 1 time to kill me.

People really need to stop talking about nerving and buffing. There will ALLWAYS be people who are not satisfied. EVERY multiplayer game has better/stronger troops and factions and those who are weaker. At some point you just got to deal with it. People might have forgotten how grim things were during alpha and beta, it really has improved significantly! I think we are at a pretty good state right now in terms of balance. Its time to move on to more urgent things that need to be taken care of or else we will sit here in 3 years still discussing if horses need 2 more hp.
I agree 100%. There is a nerfing culture in the BL community that is so idiotic. 95% of the nerfing suggestions in this forum, are coming from players that have their own agenda. Like a melee only player, who has 0% experience playing cav or bow, and then want those two classes to be useless, in total disregard to the overall balance or gameplay, there is no objectivity at all. In the case of skirmish, balance and bugs wise, if you compare from beta and the beginning of EA, the dev's have done a super good job! No one can with a clear conscience dispute that. But, in cap mode the dev's have not done a good job! Because everyone I know, would actually rather go 10-15 updates back and start over.

Cav is strong or even op in any mode though:

Captain - Rambo cav is just op af and to counter it you need to either be a rambo scumbag yourself or completely dedicate your whole gameplay to chase one cavtard with a bunch of pikebois. Either way it really ruins the fun. If you're playing archers, you're f***ed since even though you hit every single arrow on the enemy horse, it still takes at least 5 arrows (if they're headshots on an armored horse) to drop it. In that time the rambo has killed at least 2-3 troops from your squad and he might not even be dead yet. If he's lucky, he can still run at your archers and stop them from shooting, maybe killing a few more. Then repeat this 7 more times... If the enemy cav has a glaive, it's the same as before but instead of 2-3 kills per life, it's now your whole squad.
Skirmish - The cav players actually know how to play and will pass through from the side while stabbing. Then your spear will bounce 90% of the time, especially if the horse is armored.
Siege - No idea haven't really played, but I'd guess irrelevant since it's a siege.

Back
Top Bottom