NA Skirmish Completed BSL Discussion *NEW* $360.00 Prize! NA

Users who are viewing this thread

Suprised how quiet Eu has been on the forums lately tbh

I agree; at least on the multiplayer end. I have a feeling their feelings about the current state of the game correlate with our own Mouse House, and most are just being more passive til change arises. A lot of people playing Last Oasis and other things in the meanwhile, or delving into single-player.

After waiting 10 years and remaining loyal, I have never or would ever deny that the veterans of this franchise deserved better than what we all got out the gate. It's multiple slaps in the face to still see after a decade a lot of the issues from then are still here, even amplified in some ways. I'm a little tilted that we need to discover multi-player changes on our own, and I do appreciate those taking the time to track them down. At the same time, I'll live with what we got because I do see change occurring- and based on player feedback.

I think the developers at TW have a direction for their game, and have always had a reputation of being very adamant to sticking to their vision; which is why a lot of very hot issues throughout the years never saw change. It's not in their vision of the game, or out of the scope of their development track. Bannerlord though, has shown me (slowly) that TW is listening, and they are aware. I do believe the people that participate in Early Access will shape a portion of this experience out, but ultimately we buy their game to play their game. What we do in mods and private servers has always been our prerogative, and I think that has probably been the biggest slap of them all that people are still stinging and grumpy over: They're not enabling us to help them or ourselves beyond feedback.

So, if all I can do is play and give concise feedback- then I'll get better at their game, and enjoy it while I do it; making the best of my decade + investment into them, and hoping enough time has gone by for them to understand this can be so much more- but they gotta swallow their fears and take off the shackles.

Then, they will come.

Have you guys ever been to a sponsored tournament before? Like outside the confines of your clic in M&B?

Pre-pandemic, cash tourney's have been held all around the world in LAN parties and over the web:

1. The rules of said tourney's are decided by the tournament host/sponsor
  2. The location and time of said tourney's are decided by the host/sponsor
  3. The officiates are decided by the host/sponsor

While the topic has been decent, there is no denying that 90% of these posts are simply in objection to a tournament because once again it's not in the format of their choosing, and because their inside clic is not the host and can't be manipulated.

"RNG" tournaments exist. People play them for competition and prizes all around you. If you don't like them, abstain. Don't come here pissing in other peoples cheerios simply because it does not appeal to you.

Imagine telling Blizzard when, where, and how to host the Overwatch League, or CS:GO players which ladder they have to play on to be considered "legit".

The last thing I saw was "This should not be the first Bannerlord tournament in our eyes".

Are you really that scared to play RNG? The Gods of M&B in fear of a little randomness? IDK Baratheon and company had no problem boasting they won as Aserai vs a girl who has maybe 20 hours of gametime, but the moment you lose as Aserai it's because it wasn't fair?

Grow. Up.
You literally cannot have a balanced tournament without private servers. To say "deal with it" is ridiculous. Especially when the game is in EARLY ACCESS. You guys just keep coming up with more bull**** week by week lmao

what is there to say? very few EU community members are playing the game and all of our feedback has been echoed a dozen times on the alpha, beta and now early access boards. I’ve seen some interesting mod plans and I’m really looking forward to when mod tools become available and the community can make an enjoyable MP experience. until then I’m playing different games and most people I know from Warband are doing the same :smile:

The amount of self importance and entitledness in this thread from warband vets is amusing. Bannerlord will never have a large esports scene if mordhau couldn't do it with better graphics, better mechanics, and devs constantly discussing with the comp players couldn't have one.. I think at this point, it's safe to assume that there will not be a serious "for money" scene in warband so it will just be casual competitive. Let this man run his tourney and move on. Casual competitive will develop in a few months but let's be real, warband comp was always casual competitive. All this crying for a fair tourney, crying about RNG, crying about the rules, crying about precedent.. Spoiled babies.. New players are going to be playing skirmish and TDM and are going to think "This is ****" or love it anyway and that is what will decide who becomes competitive eventually not some random 120$ tourney.

The amount of self importance and entitledness in this thread from warband vets is amusing. Bannerlord will never have a large esports scene if mordhau couldn't do it with better graphics, better mechanics, and devs constantly discussing with the comp players couldn't have one.. I think at this point, it's safe to assume that there will not be a serious "for money" scene in warband so it will just be casual competitive. Let this man run his tourney and move on. Casual competitive will develop in a few months but let's be real, warband comp was always casual competitive. All this crying for a fair tourney, crying about RNG, crying about the rules, crying about precedent.. Spoiled babies.. New players are going to be playing skirmish and TDM and are going to think "This is ****" or love it anyway and that is what will decide who becomes competitive eventually not some random 120$ tourney.

It's not about esports and big money, sure that would be fantastic, but all anyone is really asking for is "casual competitive" as you put it. But there's a difference between a successful and unsuccessful scene, many multiplayer games of more played and popular games struggle to maintain a comp scene whereas Warband had upwards of 30-40 teams in its tournaments 6 years or more into its lifespan. That's what we want to keep. We're just asking for the basic tools to allow us to continue maintaining an already successful scene.

Hay guyz here is my ghetto ass torunament we will mass quit matches til we get our queue :3 looking forward to it guyz super serious $120 prize pool i got from fixing this toilet last week xD looking forward to hosting my ghetto tourney #wookiez #sarahconspiracy #undefeatedNAchampz
??‍♂️

Sames, I actually tried to organize a tournament back in Beta, but it kinda went stale after Callum asked us to wait for Admin tools, but I didn't press the issue either because I got caught up in real life problems. Right now I'm just lazy to do anything.

I was hoping though that some of the warband vets would show initiative too, considering how eager they are to preserve the "already successul competitive scene"

Sames, I actually tried to organize a tournament back in Beta, but it kinda went stale after Callum asked us to wait for Admin tools, but I didn't press the issue either because I got caught up in real life problems. Right now I'm just lazy to do anything.

I was hoping though that some of the warband vets would show initiative too, considering how eager they are to preserve the "already successul competitive scene"
You need a good multiplayer for that in the first place

We've all asked Callum and were told to wait for Admin tools, up to last week.

Crazy how nothing has changed since you asked...how many months ago?

I will never take a stand against what people do or left to do, their pursuits and desires, etc. However, the fact nowadays "tournaments" are being proposed bearing the word "competition"; certainly seems to me a bit surprising though... considering the current "state" of the MP.

How do graphics play a toll to define how competitive a game is, or how esporty it is. If anything Mount and Blade mechanics are the best set of mechanics for a "esport" based melee medieval game. Mordhau was too casual based, and didn't have a designated mode, or matchmaking to compare, and didn't the proper melee to actually be a comp game. Nothing about it made it flashy, it was just like Chivalry. To openly sit here and say, that a game has no chance, at anything is the most frail thing about your statement. On top of that what warband vets say is some of the most quality piece of information TW could be using rn. It is based off experience, dictates traditional values(generally speaking), that made Mount and Blade, Mount and Blade. To ask a new player what he wants is great, and is highly encouraged, but you also have to ask the people who were around 10 years who understand what they are talking about. Mordhau was mechanically worse from the start, Bannerlord has it issues, but the mechanics are on par, just need to be adjusted, and fixed. Graphics do not dictate a game ability to be produced as a esport. Argueable the most beloved, and successful esports based game was CS 1.6, and CSGO were not insane graphical games when they came out, and even till this day CSGO isn't really the most insane looking game. Bannerlord can be flashy, isn't to complicated(skirmish), and requires a lot of skill, when mastered can create fantastic matchups. The game simply needs a lot of work, nothing about it in it foundation is what makes it bad, its a great idea that needs some work.

Yeah it stopped me, but like I said I'm lazy and never claimed to be a stalwart defender of the "already successul competitive scene" either.

And I never claimed a healthy competitive scene would immediately leap into running a crap queue-only tournament. The obvious interest from various parties, yourself included, clearly shows an intent and desire for competitive play even though a huge portion of the scene is very critical of the game.

Dunno why you keep quoting me like it's not true either, Warband comp scene was healthier and had more teams/regular tournaments than many larger games. Have you looked at other scenes? Also not sure why you simultaneously think tournaments are necessary before even the vaguest hint of criticism of this precious jewel of a game, whilst also thinking the many tournaments prior were somehow bad or the scene has nothing to offer. Or have the goalposts shifted now and EU MUST offer a crap queue-based tournament just to satisfy you, the eternal arbiter of what is and is not acceptable opinions of Bannerlord?

And I never claimed a healthy competitive scene would immediately leap into running a crap queue-only tournament. The obvious interest from various parties, yourself included, clearly shows an intent and desire for competitive play even though a huge portion of the scene is very critical of the game.

Dunno why you keep quoting me like it's not true either, Warband comp scene was healthier and had more teams/regular tournaments than many larger games. Have you looked at other scenes? Also not sure why you simultaneously think tournaments are necessary before even the vaguest hint of criticism of this precious jewel of a game, whilst also thinking the many tournaments prior were somehow bad or the scene has nothing to offer. Or have the goalposts shifted now and EU MUST offer a crap queue-based tournament just to satisfy you, the eternal arbiter of what is and is not acceptable opinions of Bannerlord?
Jesus Christ, chill dude, I only said that I expected a more eager attitude from the warband vets, considering how eager they try to make themselves look. You don't have to meet my expectations, I never said that.

Jesus Christ, chill dude, I only said that I expected a more eager attitude from the warband vets, considering how eager they try to make themselves look. You don't have to meet my expectations, I never said that.

You didn't "only say" anything and nobody is fooled. This is you coming into every thread attempting to play it cool:

Back
Top Bottom