NA Skirmish Completed BSL Discussion *NEW* $360.00 Prize! NA

Users who are viewing this thread

I think someone like brandis or gibby could be a good caster for the tourney who knows or one of the guys from bladecast! Could be a cool way to have the first tourney be more broadcasted. Wanna start strong right
Except for the time being you can't spectate the game, let alone doubt there's tools to assist with streaming a match in bannerlord.

I think someone like brandis or gibby could be a good caster for the tourney who knows or one of the guys from bladecast! Could be a cool way to have the first tourney be more broadcasted. Wanna start strong right
IF this is irony then fine, but I think that most of NA don't want this "event" to be referred to as the first Bannerlord tourney...

Have you guys ever been to a sponsored tournament before? Like outside the confines of your clic in M&B?

Pre-pandemic, cash tourney's have been held all around the world in LAN parties and over the web:

1. The rules of said tourney's are decided by the tournament host/sponsor
  2. The location and time of said tourney's are decided by the host/sponsor
  3. The officiates are decided by the host/sponsor

While the topic has been decent, there is no denying that 90% of these posts are simply in objection to a tournament because once again it's not in the format of their choosing, and because their inside clic is not the host and can't be manipulated.

"RNG" tournaments exist. People play them for competition and prizes all around you. If you don't like them, abstain. Don't come here pissing in other peoples cheerios simply because it does not appeal to you.

Imagine telling Blizzard when, where, and how to host the Overwatch League, or CS:GO players which ladder they have to play on to be considered "legit".

The last thing I saw was "This should not be the first Bannerlord tournament in our eyes".

Are you really that scared to play RNG? The Gods of M&B in fear of a little randomness? IDK Baratheon and company had no problem boasting they won as Aserai vs a girl who has maybe 20 hours of gametime, but the moment you lose as Aserai it's because it wasn't fair?

Grow. Up.

So far the main complaints about this tournament is RNG and no structure, every warband tournament I played in had random factions and maps week to week. Granted this took place only in the league stage of the tournament, i'm not saying bannerlord's factions are more fair or balanced compared to warband (cuz they not), but this tournament will not be wpl 1 or 2 it won’t be unac, wnl, etc. This will be similar to a weekend cup no one cared about those but just showed up to play cuz why not. Imo flags in warband are way more rng than on bannerlord, in bannerlord u can actually control where it will appear on the map by out moving against ur opponent. I'm not trying to defend anyone or taking a side im just saying what I think alot of ppl overlooked here, I will or someone else will post a roster.

I cleaned the spam up a bit. Anyone is free to voice their opinions as long as it's (mostly) respectful. Starting a flame war is not respectful.

Competitive siege tourney when

Mans here thinking about the 2032 esport empire of 30v30 siege when everyone else is stuck in 2020.

I'd be a horrible caster lol. I'd definitely want to watch the tourny, because I'm sure there's stuff to learn from it, even if it's not "official" (whatever that means).

Id be down to have brandis be an admin hed be able to stream it from discord

To quote alyss: I'll help with an official and fair tourney. This tournament might be fun for some, but I voiced my concerns on the first page. Again I'd rather just wait 1-2 months. Having a tournament on such an under-supported client just feels weird to me.

As long as someone on each team records, I don't think there's a reason for it to be live-streamed. Then if one team is accusing the other of using glitches/bugs or skipping a map the footage can be reviewed.

Last edited:
So far the main complaints about this tournament is RNG and no structure, every warband tournament I played in had random factions and maps week to week. Granted this took place only in the league stage of the tournament, i'm not saying bannerlord's factions are more fair or balanced compared to warband (cuz they not), but this tournament will not be wpl 1 or 2 it won’t be unac, wnl, etc. This will be similar to a weekend cup no one cared about those but just showed up to play cuz why not. Imo flags in warband are way more rng than on bannerlord, in bannerlord u can actually control where it will appear on the map by out moving against ur opponent. I'm not trying to defend anyone or taking a side im just saying what I think alot of ppl overlooked here, I will or someone else will post a roster.

In warband side flips did a ton to alleviate balance concerns. Flag mod was created to help with RNG flags.

Have you guys ever been to a sponsored tournament before? Like outside the confines of your clic in M&B?

Pre-pandemic, cash tourney's have been held all around the world in LAN parties and over the web:

1. The rules of said tourney's are decided by the tournament host/sponsor
  2. The location and time of said tourney's are decided by the host/sponsor
  3. The officiates are decided by the host/sponsor

While the topic has been decent, there is no denying that 90% of these posts are simply in objection to a tournament because once again it's not in the format of their choosing, and because their inside clic is not the host and can't be manipulated.

"RNG" tournaments exist. People play them for competition and prizes all around you. If you don't like them, abstain. Don't come here pissing in other peoples cheerios simply because it does not appeal to you.

Imagine telling Blizzard when, where, and how to host the Overwatch League, or CS:GO players which ladder they have to play on to be considered "legit".

The last thing I saw was "This should not be the first Bannerlord tournament in our eyes".

Are you really that scared to play RNG? The Gods of M&B in fear of a little randomness? IDK Baratheon and company had no problem boasting they won as Aserai vs a girl who has maybe 20 hours of gametime, but the moment you lose as Aserai it's because it wasn't fair?

Grow. Up.

Blizzard has the tools to host a good and fair tourney. Les doesn't atm.

Then, how does the gender of the player determine his/her skill? Also, some of roberta's players also had less than 20 hours on the game.

Aserai and Khuzait aren't the same thing.

Finally, why would we play in a tourney where the host is also participating in the tourney. Bias is obviously going to happen.

Blizzard has the tools to host a good and fair tourney. Les doesn't atm.

Then, how does the gender of the player determine his/her skill? Also, some of roberta's players also had less than 20 hours on the game.

Aserai and Khuzait aren't the same thing.

Finally, why would we play in a tourney where the host is also participating in the tourney. Bias is obviously going to happen.

Please explain to me how the host playing the same exact game with the same amount of 0-control over the outcome as you, is biased?

In warband side flips did a ton to alleviate balance concerns. Flag mod was created to help with RNG flags.
still had RNG and yea we cant side flip i mean if u think this will be top tourney ur mistaken! if anything this will be a great meme once we get real tournies going but for now why not play, if u really hate bannerlord, then don't?

Please explain to me how the host playing the same exact game with the same amount of 0-control over the outcome as you, is biased?
I am talking about the fact that in case of a problem the admin will decide. What will happen if there is a problem including the admin's team? Obviously the admin will chose his team, especially an admin who acts defensive as soon as he is confronted about this problem.

Back
Top Bottom