u9mEuXn.jpg

Server: Bannerlord Skirmish Queue
Teamspeak IP: bwg.ts.nfoservers.com
Steam Group: BWG
Time: Tuesday Friday or Saturday @ 6pm EST or Set time between two clans
with admin approval
Head Admin: [VK] LES IS MOREx

About BWG

Bush Wookie Gaming is proud to host the BWG Skirmish Tournament! We hope to provide an enjoyable experience for all clans and to bring together the NA community with this tournament. Each clan leader is expected to relay the rules to their clan members, which are stated below, to make sure everyone has a good time. We maintain the right not to allow the attendance of any clan, or remove any clan from the list of attending clan. The matches will take place on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday at 6pm EST, 5pm Central, and 4pm PST OR at an agreed time between the two clans with admin approval.

Rules & Regulations
In order to create a fair and balanced playing experience within the North American Bannerlord community, these rules and regulations have been set forth to properly and quickly organize the BWT with little to no issues.
General Rules
1.No map glitching if caught that Clan will be disqualified (Dont leave the intended map or go on top of the hut)
2.A member from each clan must stream the match on discord.

3. Players can only come from your clan no double claning and no use of a player not in your clan even if they are in a clan not playing in this tournament all teams must submit a 6 man roster with 3 substitute players to sign up.]
GAME ADMINISTRATION
Once sign ins are finished a bracket will be randomly generated and matches shall start. This tournament will be played best of 3 games single elimination. Both teams will be expected to queue up at 6pmEST on a day agreed with both leaders in TS ready with their six stack to press "Find Game" from a count down from 5 at precisely the same moment and being that this takes place before peak hours its an 90%ish chance they will match and if they dont WELP leave the game and try again. Its not perfect BUT its the best we have until TaleWorlds will let me buy a server. We all want to play competitively, so lets all work together to make that happen! Clan leaders we're asking you to moderate your own clan closely. This (hopefully) will reduce the need for an admin (because we cant have one) to step in and allow for your matches to flow smoothly. If you have any concerns during a match feel free to steam message LES IS MOREx the admin during the match. The winner of the Bush Wookie Gaming Skirmish Tournament will win a prize of $120.00 US dollars. Upon victory the clan leader shall be sent the money through paypal or venmo there is enough to be split 6 ways but its up to the clan leader.
If you do not like these rules, please do not apply. By applying to this event you accept the above rules
Applications

[Clan Sign Ups]
Clan Name:
Clan Tags:
Clan Leader's Steam:
Main Roster of 6:

Three Substitute Players:

Last edited:
I appreciate the idea behind it but without servers theres no way a tournament can run smoothly. If the clans queue up at decided times by the admins, you'll have to re-do it several times to find the clan you're actually looking for. Streaming over discord is gonna limit some teams aswell. No way of switching factions for fair play makes the game unbalanced and more luck based, I would reccommend giving each team 1 veto vote for a matchup but that makes the queuing even more of a pain. Best of luck and love the enthusiasm

I applaud the initiative and I want to see the competitive scene grow, especially the NA scene.

BUT:

The game is unbalanced and lacks custom servers. It's safe to say that every match will in part be decided by considerable amounts of RNG between uncontrolled factions and maps. Let's imagine the hypothetical world where VK A-Team is the favorite going into the tournament, but then get consecutive unlucky rounds against a team that's expected to finish in the middle. There's nothing VK can do. VK is still the favorite, but their results don't demonstrate that at all and they get something like 12th even though they should have finished 1st.

Single elimination amplifies that RNG. It would be better to have some sort of RNG protection such as a round robin, group stage, or make it double elimination.

Some feedback on the actual ruleset:

The time matches take place should simply be decided by when it's best for the players involved. Many people still have work or school and thanks to timezones, many players will have work or class at this time.

No glitching is a good rule. However, streaming the match to Twitch or YouTube (where the vod is automatically saved) should be preferred as discord cannot be saved and requires people to be in the same voice channel to view it. It's also strange that you seem to require TS and discord at the same time. Not sure how that would work.

Also, recording comms should be optional for both the ToS of Twitch/YouTube and the teams saving their 1800IQ strats when money is involved.

3. Players can only come from your clan no double claning and no use of a player not in your clan even if they are in a clan not playing in this tournament all teams must submit a 6 man roster with 3 substitute players to sign

This should be "Players can only be submitted one time to one 9-man roster." Arbitrarily deciding what clan other players are in is subjective as hell and not to mention impossible. This will devolve into "well you played one time with this clan in pubs so you must be in this clan and therefore cannot play on another team."

I applaud the initiative and I want to see the competitive scene grow, especially the NA scene.

BUT:

The game is unbalanced and lacks custom servers. It's safe to say that every match will in part be decided by considerable amounts of RNG between uncontrolled factions and maps. Let's imagine the hypothetical world where VK A-Team is the favorite going into the tournament, but then get consecutive unlucky rounds against a team that's expected to finish in the middle. There's nothing VK can do. VK is still the favorite, but their results don't demonstrate that at all and they get something like 12th even though they should have finished 1st.

Single elimination amplifies that RNG. It would be better to have some sort of RNG protection such as a round robin, group stage, or make it double elimination.

Some feedback on the actual ruleset:

The time matches take place should simply be decided by when it's best for the players involved. Many people still have work or school and thanks to timezones, many players will have work or class at this time.

No glitching is a good rule. However, streaming the match to Twitch or YouTube (where the vod is automatically saved) should be preferred as discord cannot be saved and requires people to be in the same voice channel to view it. It's also strange that you seem to require TS and discord at the same time. Not sure how that would work.

Also, recording comms should be optional for both the ToS of Twitch/YouTube and the teams saving their 1800IQ strats when money is involved.

This should be "Players can only be submitted one time to one 9-man roster." Arbitrarily deciding what clan other players are in is subjective as hell and not to mention impossible. This will devolve into "well you played one time with this clan in pubs so you must be in this clan and therefore cannot play on another team."
if you stream it on Discord there is no audio from comms ill probably do it between 6pm or 10pmest no one is finding each other in between those times i dont want this thing to go on for ages so aint doin that. double elimination would be cool but i think i can wait for private servers for that one i wouldnt mind them doing youtube or twitch i just figured discord cuz everyone has it . I know that you merc for many clans but which is fine but this Tournament is for actual clan members anyone can put together a team of 9 but they need to tell me what their clan name is this isnt a pub event but if you want to put together 9 fellas and slap a name on yourself youre more than welcome to play

How do we choose and balance out factions and maps? What if you're stuck with battania two times against Vlandia on the desert map.

Why are you regulating times and dates being played? Is this a real tournament with set weeks for regular season and playoffs, or is this just a weekly event where you just get clans together at a certain time to just queue? Are you really expecting teams to play official matches at a specific time, 3 times a week? I don't think normal people can dedicate every 6 pm on every tuesday, friday, and saturday. I certainly can't. Traditionally on this turkish sword simulator, two teams that are pitted against each other, schedule for themselves and decide on a day at which both teams can play with their full strength, as long as it's before the deadline.

The game can't have tournaments atm. The only way to provide a fair match is if skill is the only thing that can make you win. In that case, luck will most likely decide the winner. Imagine if the team with the better players get 3 times Khuzait in a row and face 3 times Vlandia. If the two teams are close in skill, there is no way you can win with Khuzait. The only way to provide a fair match is to have private servers, with faction swap.

How do we choose and balance out factions and maps? What if you're stuck with battania two times against Vlandia on the desert map.

Why are you regulating times and dates being played? Is this a real tournament with set weeks for regular season and playoffs, or is this just a weekly event where you just get clans together at a certain time to just queue? Are you really expecting teams to play official matches at a specific time, 3 times a week? I don't think normal people can dedicate every 6 pm on every tuesday, friday, and saturday. I certainly can't. Traditionally on this turkish sword simulator, two teams that are pitted against each other, schedule for themselves and decide on a day at which both teams can play with their full strength, as long as it's before the deadline.
Thats kinda how we are doing it the teams can pick what day they want to do their match out of Tuesday Friday our Saturday anytime between 6pm at the earliest or after 10 to avoid peak hours so we can actually get together in a match

You can't host a tournament in the games current state and like Hayden posted your regulations for matches are pretty bogus
Watch me?

The fact that you host the tourney doesn't mean it'll be a good tourney. Besides your 7 teams and the people who desperately need 120 bucks no one will join. There is no point in playing a tourney that can't provide a fair match.

these times just straight up won't work. I have no problem with running a tournament, there's literally no reason not to and I can't see why it would hurt to do it, but there's literally no way regulating a certain time at 6pm will work. we are human beings with jobs and a lot of us probably get like 3 nights a week to play. I don't see a reason to try and make the tournament hyper-competitive. pickup parties suit the current state of the game so maybe you should lean more towards something lighter rather than trying to do a money match.

these times just straight up won't work. I have no problem with running a tournament, there's literally no reason not to and I can't see why it would hurt to do it, but there's literally no way regulating a certain time at 6pm will work. we are human beings with jobs and a lot of us probably get like 3 nights a week to play. I don't see a reason to try and make the tournament hyper-competitive. pickup parties suit the current state of the game so maybe you should lean more towards something lighter rather than trying to do a money match.
Again its anytime from 6- {not allowed at 7-8-9) 10pm 11 12 1am idc

See the idea of a tournament is really cool for Early Access but as it stands i think the game is to RNG based with factions and maps. I think just waiting patiently till custom servers come out to allow teams the ability to pick the factions and maps to be played would make it far better and alot more enjoyable. Some factions are just objectively worse then others so its really hard to balance games just through the ingame Match Making.

Game does not presently allow for smooth tournaments for reasons already put forth (e.g. no mirror factions or private servers). The mandated times are also a joke and would never work.

While I understand that you want the scene to start having tournaments with prize pools given your decision to pay your players, the reality is that it will be some time before such tournaments are possible.

I just hope this thread isn't a foreshadowing of what's to come (teams rushing to host the first tourney even without the necessary structure or vetting of the ruleset, maps, etc.)

ALL I HEAR IS SCARED KIDS IN THIS THREAD!!!

He’s hosting a tournament and offering some money to the winner he can make the rules however he wants lmao stfu if you’re not interested don’t play!

Les I’m coming for you and that $120 mother****er

Back
Top Bottom