BRYTENWALDA SPECIAL EDITION RELEASE - 28/09/2012

Users who are viewing this thread

i would not considered this method as a fix, because the en result is like not playing with graphics mod, because you just put the old files back. but some new files remain and are not, i presume, affected by this, so it looks like, polished map is still there. But I'm really not sure, if that's the way to fix black lair textures. works for me though :wink:

I don't know what I did right but in my current game I have a large kingdom. It occupies all territories of the former kingdoms of Glastenic, Gewissae, Cantware, East Seaxna, Dummonia, Suth Seaxe, and Laigin. I think that's all of them anyway. I own all of the towns and associated villages. All of my lords have one castle and it's associated village. In terms of income I make 18-34, 000 schillingas per week. This is after losing at least 30, 000 schillingas from tax inefficiency, army, and garrison maintenance. My army alone currently costs at least 28, 000 schillingas. My personal retinue/army is around 1020 men. All are Gesith Jutes (light/med cavalry). I just dismount them and use them as heavy infantry. Nothing stands in the way of my army.

SEMAGMAR said:
I recommend an excellent book to you.
"The Last Kingdom" by Bernard Cornwell

:wink:

We like Cornwell's books!

Beuner said:
Sadly I don't have administrator rights. Is the mod downloadable in a .rar too?

If u can open intro screen, you can go to brytenwalda wargame (it open folder menu), and then you choose 1.40 folder, there you will have a instaler .exe, but you can open it with winrar.

Great mod! Congratulations!
However, when I imported my character I noticed that some skill values are restricted to maximum of only 5. For example power draw is max 5! Is it a bug or what? If it isn't then why the HELL did you do that? It's Robin Hood's age! Archery should be dominant in this period of time! That's the ONLY thing that makes this game pushed to be realistic a little too far.
Once again, thanks to all who made this great mod possible, and please if someone could change those skill restrictions, that would be awesome!

My best regards...

I think Mr Hood was centuries later, this time frame was more about thrown spears/javelins. For me the restrictions seem realistic and I do like them. Makes you think about what you want to do and how effective it will be. For example horse archery is doable but requires a different style from native.

snegic said:
... It's Robin Hood's age! Archery should be dominant in this period of time!
Robin Hood is a legend I believe, and from about 14-15th. century.
This is the year 636, and archery was not very 'developed' or dominant in battles.
There was a 'missile' phase, but the battle was decided in melee combat.

That is what we have tried to show.

Yeah, it is true what you said., Thanks for replaying on my comment :smile:
I just can't say weather insisting on "reality" in this type of game makes any sense! Of course it does in some aspects! But restricting the possibility that someone dedicates his life to archery and makes a master of himself in a while is not legitimate. Skilled people live in many different ages, weapon technology is what can be more or less advanced. You should have probably lowered the maximum damage of bow weapons and make progress in power draw skill more expansive.

I agree that era is not remembered by archery, but I'm sure that there were many individuals very skilled with bow?
Is there any other skill with max 5 skill points restriction?
Did you restrict other related skills too? Horse archery for example?
And how the hell are those wooden shields so strong?

Talking about reality in a game where a horse can run but I can't?
My best regards...

p.s. try to make patch for us who like to use bow and arrows??
maybe

snegic said:
You can't run?

We're not claiming absolute realism. Just trying to make combat resemble that of 7th century Britain.
And archery was probably not an intricate part of battles, and not very accurate.
It's always a balance and we've listened to a lot of feedback - which we appreciate, just like yours.

If you know about Morgh's Editor you can actually tweak bows/arrows yourself if you like:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html
It's relatively simple and user friendly.

snegic said:
Actually, the default is running. To walk, you must press left shift, which also by default assigned to zoom. I only learned this after years of playing M&B. Since walking is important in BW to restore fatigue, I assign my zoom to right shift to make the walk function available. I don't know why TW didn't make the walk function assignable.

I happen to agree about the shields. They were basically thin sheets of pine held together with glue and hide, but BW uses these metal sound effects for them...

Restricted skill: power strike (5), power draw (5), power throw (5), shield (3), athletics (6). I think the rest has max 10. Correct me if I missed something.

It is true, running is default. I should use walking more often, I think I'll assign left alt key for that. Tnx.

"Restricted skill: power strike (5), power draw (5), power throw (5), shield (3), athletics (6). I think the rest has max 10. "

Well I must admit that restricting skill like this makes sense after all. And this mod did get something special in terms of realistic combat feeling.
But why restricting athletics? People couldn't run very fast in 636 AD???

snegic said:
It is true, running is default. I should use walking more often, I think I'll assign left alt key for that. Tnx.

"Restricted skill: power strike (5), power draw (5), power throw (5), shield (3), athletics (6). I think the rest has max 10. "

Well I must admit that restricting skill like this makes sense after all. And this mod did get something special in terms of realistic combat feeling.
But why restricting athletics? People couldn't run very fast in 636 AD???

Balance terms. Specially if u use armor penalties.
Example, a pict, with at = 6 and on wear pictish paints, will have 7 or 8 at. He will be man more fast in battlefield.
Other example, now, a man with mail, shield, heavy helmet dont run same that lig infantry with small shield and tunic.

Player with at 6, mail, heavy boots and heavy helm, and big round shield will have at 2. He is heavy infantry and he cannt run all battlefield. He can run 20-50 meters (it depend terrain), and then stop to recovery stamina or walk.

Idea is that players can be lig infantry/missile/others if they wish.

Hey guys thank you for sharing this mod, I really want to try it. I know this might not be the place to post problems but maybe someone can help.

Iv'e been getting this kind os letters and therefore I just can't play the game, I can't understant whats written, maybe someone know how to fix it?

mbwarband20130609015829.jpg

Thank you so much for the help.

Howdy guys, I've been playing the new version of Brytenwalda and I am loving every minute of it!  This is an amazing accomplishment, and I have some dim conception of how much work it must have taken.  The level of detail and the amount of depth this mod has is just astonishing.  Thanks so much!

I have a question for y'all, though.  I like to have the 'hang deserters' option via TweakMB, or even better, be able to turn off the possibility of companions leaving at all, so I can focus on other parts of the game.  However, the latter isn't available, and it seems that the former doesn't really work in Brytenwalda.  Is there any way I can do this manually? 

Thanks!

Mujibi said:
Hey guys thank you for sharing this mod, I really want to try it. I know this might not be the place to post problems but maybe someone can help.

Iv'e been getting this kind os letters and therefore I just can't play the game, I can't understant whats written, maybe someone know how to fix it?

mbwarband20130609015829.jpg

Thank you so much for the help.

You need change your language. You try english.

BentonGrey said:
Howdy guys, I've been playing the new version of Brytenwalda and I am loving every minute of it!  This is an amazing accomplishment, and I have some dim conception of how much work it must have taken.  The level of detail and the amount of depth this mod has is just astonishing.  Thanks so much!

I have a question for y'all, though.  I like to have the 'hang deserters' option via TweakMB, or even better, be able to turn off the possibility of companions leaving at all, so I can focus on other parts of the game.  However, the latter isn't available, and it seems that the former doesn't really work in Brytenwalda.  Is there any way I can do this manually? 

Thanks!

like dHonfleur said, you have submods  :wink:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154472.0.html

Back
Top Bottom