Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim said:
Regarding the salt mine is that for historical reasons or just convenience?
Mainly for the convenience, but also because there are salt mines in modern day Ireland. However, I'm not sure if there were any back then.

@Kraggrim

Hi,

re gender dialogue, it works correctly, more or less, in many mods so perhaps you could get some solutions from there. Works in vanilla too.

Easiest way out for Brytenwalda would be to remove the option to play as female. Kinda historical too, except for the Picts AFAIU.

I will try to forward more info, maybe as text, not screenshots.

Rgds, Oldtimer

YourStepDad said:
Hey guys, nice work you're doing here, going to start playing this version after the next update, can you give us an estimate? :razz:

What I want to know though is, are you guys using the retextured swords from Gothic Knight? Here's a link to his submod:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,273633.15.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264791.0.html

They just look incredible and are OSP, would be a shame for them to be unusud.

I believe Brujoloco was going for a release sometime early to mid January, as always nothing is ever even close to concrete :smile:. The map icons don't seem to be save-compatible (somehow :???:) so might be worth waiting. Welp, the new map icons aren't showing up at all now. Unless I put them further up the lis,t in which case they show up but all lords/castles show the wrong banner on the map. So not a consideration for now I guess.

Thanks for the OSP tip, I've had a wee look and there's definitely some swaps we could make. For instance the BRFs currently contain 3 different inferior Bamburgh swords for some reason.

YourStepDad said:
Is there still a chance the update might be save compatible?

Hmm, I really don't know what other changes Brujoloco has got planned for the next one. The bandit trader should be save compatible I think, though you'd have to wait until the next merchant restock for him to have anything. I posted a modified triggers and scripts.txt for him earlier in the thread, you could try tossing them in before/after starting a new game and see what happens (easiest bandit lair to find is the frankish landing south of Cantware, quickest way for getting -10 honour is to desert from a lords army). 
SmattlePattle was possibly going to get back to us with some added relationships to lords (making them father and son etc), those wouldn't be save compatible. No idea how he's getting along with it though, think he might be engrossed in another Brytenwalda team product :smile:.

Alright, thanks. Very good to know. :smile:

think he might be engrossed in another Brytenwalda team product :smile:.

We all are, though I find myself coming back to Brytenwalda before they fix the combat issues...and sticking around even after that. :smile:

Now, I've started playing your mod after all, and I'd like to suggest something:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,272406.0.html

I'm surprised this submod has been skipped. Was it skipped on purpose? It gives some much needed momentum and flexibility to spears, making them very enjoyable and finally useful. I find myself unable to play without it, truth be told. It was fully compatible on top of my old brytenwalda save, going to try to install it here as well.

It makes cavalry slightly weaker due to the animation, especially for the player, as its trickier to use it in third person and calculate how it's going to land, you'd have to see it for yourself, but i believe this to be a good thing.

Overall it made the spears deadlier in hands of the enemy and myself both.

This is what he said on the first post:
I skipped Vidamir spear animation due to the fact it is quite buggy/awkward to my tastes, but you are free to check it out at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,272406.0.html. From what Vidamir did on his spear buff I took inspiration for my own personal tweak to them. Formula is as follows:

1)1H Spears are categorized in Light/Medium/Heavy
2)Weight determines this category, 0.1 to 1.5 units is light, 1.6 to 2.9 units is Medium 3.0 + heavy.
3)Light Spears swing at 100 to 102 speed, Mediums from 97 to 99, and heavy ones 94 to 96
4)Damage goes from 33-35 for Light, 36-38 for Medium, 39 to 41 for Heavy, ultra short light spears 29 to 30
5)Values were placed taking into consideration original brytenwalda values plus this formula, altering weight and damage accordingly

This makes spears do less damage than vidamir´s changes but they have inner consistency for my calculation methods while still making spears MUCH MUCH more useful than vanilla Brytenwalda.

If you find an effective way to integrate it then please post it, there's been a few folk asking about it.

Ooh thank you, I did not spot that one.

That's kind of a bummer though, the low stab is the best thing about the reworked spears imo. But I think I can use it as a separate submod just fine!

Sorry guys, but most the new map icons will not be save compatible. Locations will still use the old icons on old saves, and lord/castle/town banners on the world map will be mixed up (elsewhere they should be fine). This is due to the fact we're adding new icons for variety instead of just swapping the existing models out.

Finally managed so everything works as intended (I think) on a new game though. Phew.

Brujoloco wanted a new texture for the caravan merchant,  what do you think guys? (old one is on the right)
dhx2E.jpg
SUate.jpg

It's awesome. Yes please.

The old one looks several hundred years out of place, and too urban somehow.

Speaking of map icons - could wildlife (wolves, deer, goats etc.) have appropriate icons? Say, for wolves to look like wolves on the campaign map, rather than cows?

Or at least having a single icon representing all wildlife, for example a stag.

That's a very good idea. I don't know anything about animating/rigging though, so implementation won't be easy.

Edit: Made a second caravan version with the traditional merchant open vest:
Kagm2.jpg

I don't know about the wildlife icons. The animal herd party templates use castle_snow_a or something like that according to morgh's. I tried changing the herd of deer icon mask to something else and they didn't show up at all, so not sure what determines their appearance. I can change it so all cattle and wildlife parties use something else, but that's no good...how vexing.
Edit2: OK scratch that, turns out morgh's was just being a pain, With good old MB Barracks we can give every herd a different icon.  A static one that is. Actually animating them will be a painfully slow and frustrating process, with quite probably poor results.

So for now the choice is basically all animated cows, or a variety of static animals.

Hello, is this better then regulr Brytenwalda?
Also, is this compatible with 1.163 warband?

Thanks for answers everyone :smile:

Funeh said:
Hello, is this better then regulr Brytenwalda?
Also, is this compatible with 1.163 warband?

Thanks for answers everyone :smile:
1) Well, spears are much better than in vanilla Brytenwalda, you can make a long-term profit from the salt mines, there are 2 more types of bandit units, the ram bug was fixed so that the ram won't bug out anymore, and the pest lord bug was fixed among other changes. I think Brytenwalda Repolished can be considered an improvement although the Brytenwalda team of course deserves the credit for creating the mod in the first place. The first post of this thread details the changes made and has a changelog which you can read through if you want to check what all the changes were. Basically this submod focuses on adding some variety, balancing some of the troops, and fixing a couple of bugs but it doesn't subtract anything from the native Brytenwalda.

2) Yes.

New texture (and ever so slightly tweaked model) for dena/francish raiders.
2-PBh.jpg
Edit:changed it so the sea warriors have all red shields, easier to id them at long range.

Attempt at a replacement lord texture:
iRd9f.jpg
Making  round shield without the animation ****ing up is proving difficult, so probably won't get much better. Shield texture will get re-done. If you guys have any suggestions for a good pattern that might fit all lords then let me know. Or any other suggestions.

I like the new texture for the Dena/Frankish raiders, it'd make them easily distinguishable from other bandits so I don't have to hover the mouse over them to figure out which group they are. Even with a 1,000 man army, I lose more Hearthwerus to these guys than to any king or vassal so I avoid them like the plague unless they're interfering with trade. Thanks for making a unique texture for them.

Right, after  some arduous source fiddling we now have these results:

Older saves will now no longer cause lords banners to get mixed up, and should see new caravan and lord icons (if Brujoloco decides to use them). They won't see new locations icons.

On new games you should see all new icons, plus I've assigned the proper old wood fort icon to various Irish castles, and the lake fort icon to one Alt Clut castle.

Also, there should no longer be a 20% chance on starting a new game of having the player map icon replaced by a hillfort. I think.

Edit: Changed the Cave and Salinae locations to actually use the cave icon rather than the longhouse one, seems a bit more appropriate.
phFEb.jpg

Hi

i'm new to Mount and Blade warband, i like this mod, only have one problem so far, after fighting and trying to save game, its usually crash, anyone have solution ?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom