Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

I've got another bug as well, that probably was in original Brytwenwalda. lol
When you do bounty missions and you have to kill a "Nervous Man" with some extra dialogue, instead of any other random bandit with generic dialogue, you can't complete the quest when you kill him.
You can just re-enter the village and get another bandit type and complete it though.

Also I got some relationship errors on some unit IDs when two factions (I can't remember which factions or unit IDs) declared war on eachother, but it doesn't seem to have affected anything and it only happened once.

P.S. having a great time on my new northern stallion. :mrgreen:

Quidam said:
I just notice a "bug" but... for some reason, I don't know if this bug was existing on original Brytenwalda.

Some shield (for now, I notice that only for some BL_shield, mainly saxons/engle one's) pop up at a really short distance. May be a lack of some Lods?

I have never touched the shields .brf's but the issue you describe do indeed seems like a lack of proper .lod's , will look into the shield brf for the BL one types since I know they exist in at least two file types to check integrity  :smile: (anything not modified in 2014 is a carryover if you curious and know where to look in the file dates)

Siggorillo said:
When you do bounty missions and you have to kill a "Nervous Man" with some extra dialogue, instead of any other random bandit with generic dialogue, you can't complete the quest when you kill him.
You can just re-enter the village and get another bandit type and complete it though.

Also I got some relationship errors on some unit IDs when two factions (I can't remember which factions or unit IDs) declared war on eachother, but it doesn't seem to have affected anything and it only happened once.

The bandit issue is known as a carryover from 1.41, but the unit id one will try to look into it, if you happen to see it again please screenshot it  :grin:

Keep the bugs coming, right now Im working on finishing several of the scenes that have mismatched or out of place objects, like the training grounds and Monid Crobh, but would love to try to fix as many things as possible before Xmas , and as long as it doesnt crash or affects gameplay (like the non merchant tagged horses) I will fix on the weekends

Edit:
And yep, some BL shields have NO .lod whereas others have only one layer of LOD. Coming to think of it , Im seeing other items might have these same issues. Will work on that  :wink: , considering this is a vanilla Brytenwalda issue I dont think I ever noticed it before due to me being dead most of the time by having to look at the horde surrounding me hehe. Since Meshlab is after some headbanging quite easy to understand, I will begin to quadric edge collapse all the meshes for the 20+ Bl shields , since even the ones that have a lod only have one, and it disappears after a small distance too, so will create lods to .lod4 subsequently lowering the number of faces on each, which so far on my tests give a pretty decent balance in cosmetic appeal, so expect a bit bigger escudos3.brf in the next update and perhaps other brfs since I am realizing other items have low # of lods too. One just wont cut it hehe.

Brujoloco said:
Quidam said:
I just notice a "bug" but... for some reason, I don't know if this bug was existing on original Brytenwalda.

Some shield (for now, I notice that only for some BL_shield, mainly saxons/engle one's) pop up at a really short distance. May be a lack of some Lods?

I have never touched the shields .brf's but the issue you describe do indeed seems like a lack of proper .lod's , will look into the shield brf for the BL one types since I know they exist in at least two file types to check integrity  :smile: (anything not modified in 2014 is a carryover if you curious and know where to look in the file dates)

Siggorillo said:

The bandit issue is known as a carryover from 1.41, but the unit id one will try to look into it, if you happen to see it again please screenshot it  :grin:

Keep the bugs coming, right now Im working on finishing several of the scenes that have mismatched or out of place objects, like the training grounds and Monid Crobh, but would love to try to fix as many things as possible before Xmas , and as long as it doesnt crash or affects gameplay (like the non merchant tagged horses) I will fix on the weekends

Edit:
And yep, some BL shields have NO .lod whereas others have only one layer of LOD. Coming to think of it , Im seeing other items might have these same issues. Will work on that  :wink: , considering this is a vanilla Brytenwalda issue I dont think I ever noticed it before due to me being dead most of the time by having to look at the horde surrounding me hehe. Since Meshlab is after some headbanging quite easy to understand, I will begin to quadric edge collapse all the meshes for the 20+ Bl shields , since even the ones that have a lod only have one, and it disappears after a small distance too, so will create lods to .lod4 subsequently lowering the number of faces on each, which so far on my tests give a pretty decent balance in cosmetic appeal, so expect a bit bigger escudos3.brf in the next update and perhaps other brfs since I am realizing other items have low # of lods too. One just wont cut it hehe.
Friggin' fantastic. :grin:

Brujoloco said:
What changes you want to implement though? I might help you a bit if I can. For the record I have not touched anything mechanic-wise besides some damage tables off some items, most of the changes come from TML´s mod and you can check his source files IIRC.

I was going to try and integrate the companion auto-equip feature, but I've come down with something so won't have a look for a while. Probably doomed to failure anyway!

The weird thing is I think there's some other custom commander features in already, there might be a good reason why this wasn't included.

For bugs/suggestions:
I seem to have boats instead of bridges for some of the map icons, though this might be just me. Some are also in the wrong place.

Some bow-carrying troops have  0 archery skill, like camp follow, camp defender, soldier's wife, bandit chief and slaver chief.  Might want to check the power draw requirement on their bows as well.  Or just toss em.

The Godelic Sword can't be used to block, seems like with a length of 82 it shouldn't have a problem.

Would it be possible to replace the grass texture for the hill-fort/town map icons? The contrast with the ground is a little strong.

Cheers Brojuloco.

kraggrim said:
Brujoloco said:
What changes you want to implement though? I might help you a bit if I can. For the record I have not touched anything mechanic-wise besides some damage tables off some items, most of the changes come from TML´s mod and you can check his source files IIRC.

I was going to try and integrate the companion auto-equip feature, but I've come down with something so won't have a look for a while. Probably doomed to failure anyway!

The weird thing is I think there's some other custom commander features in already, there might be a good reason why this wasn't included.

For bugs/suggestions:
I seem to have boats instead of bridges for some of the map icons, though this might be just me. Some are also in the wrong place.

Some bow-carrying troops have  0 archery skill, like camp follow, camp defender, soldier's wife, bandit chief and slaver chief.  Might want to check the power draw requirement on their bows as well.  Or just toss em.

The Godelic Sword can't be used to block, seems like with a length of 82 it shouldn't have a problem.

Would it be possible to replace the grass texture for the hill-fort/town map icons? The contrast with the ground is a little strong.

Cheers Brojuloco.

Ok, checking, if you have map issues like those I must assume you never started a full new game and just integrated into your own? The mod is not save game compatible, and I remember some TML issues regarding bridge placement if you didnt have a proper map.txt/used an old savegame

I have checked all those troops in my version of troops.txt and they all have PD of at least 1 if equipped with arrows and a short bow, which leads me to believe you have an altered version, mine all have enough PD, also Bandit leaders never spawn with Bows, if yours do they are from somewhere else!

Proof:

DEv3vdq.jpg

Checking The Godelic Sword as items 885/886 they are like that in Vanilla brytenwalda, so it was designed like that from the start, they both have the No parry tag enabled for reasons I can´t fathom either. Hmmm , but then again they were designed as short swords working like dagger/knives? ... and yes, checking them against Scians, they are indeed like that. So it was the original makers vision, which I am reluctant to alter much  :wink: , I think they might be named more like Godelic Scians rather than swords?

I think your version is not quite exactly "pure"  :mrgreen: And I can´t be held accountable for that! hehe.

Try to have a clean repolished install and see if the same issues happen, because from my side I don´t see much wrong, hope that helps you clarifying the confusion, and I appreciate your bug reporting though! If you keep finding strange stuff tell me, right now I have finished all shield lods and adding some missing lods to misc items, fixed several scenes , since all the trainers had mismatched floating items.

As a final note can you please add a picture of the mismatched grass you are reporting? Can´t look for it if I don´t know the form so I can look into the scenery files.

Sorry, I'd thought I'd done a clean install and new game but who knows, not been sleeping much lately. Downloading the 1.02 Full Standalone now.

Siggorillo said:
Haven't experienced any weirdly contrasted grass or odd map placements myself.

Me neither but who knows, I still enjoy seeing some people reporting issues, I just can´t see much wrong atm that isn´t being fixed, but I know people will spot more stuff to clean and fix :smile:

kraggrim said:
Sorry, I'd thought I'd done a clean install and new game but who knows, not been sleeping much lately. Downloading the 1.02 Full Standalone now.

No worries man! :grin: I still appreciate your support! Also sleep! Lack of sleep is EVIL  :mrgreen:

Bridges are fine now, dunno what that was.

ykC-B.jpg
4FVXD.jpg
This is the contrast I was talking about.  Was I supposed to add another graphics pack on top or something like that?
Edit: OK maybe something like this? But done by someone who knows how to texture.  Or maybe theres some graphics option I forgot to click all this time :sad:.

uORqo.jpg
Sorry I was meaning to talk about weapon proficiencies and got side-tracked, heres what I'm talking about.
Bandit leaders have a Dark_hunter 1364, which is a bow, but no power draw or archery skill.
Slaver chiefs have eye_popping 1365, also a bow, no PD or proficiency.
Camp followers, wives and defenders have PD, no proficiency and hunting/short bows.

Might be intentional but seems weird they'd all carry an item they had absolutely no idea how to use.

kraggrim said:
Bridges are fine now, dunno what that was.

ykC-B.jpg
4FVXD.jpg
This is the contrast I was talking about.  Was I supposed to add another graphics pack on top or something like that?
Edit: OK maybe something like this? But done by someone who knows how to texture.  Or maybe theres some graphics option I forgot to click all this time :sad:.

uORqo.jpg
Sorry I was meaning to talk about weapon proficiencies and got side-tracked, heres what I'm talking about.
Bandit leaders have a Dark_hunter 1364, which is a bow, but no power draw or archery skill.
Slaver chiefs have eye_popping 1365, also a bow, no PD or proficiency.
Camp followers, wives and defenders have PD, no proficiency and hunting/short bows.

Might be intentional but seems weird they'd all carry an item they had absolutely no idea how to use.

The named bows are for possible LOOT off bandits see? Thats why I hunt them on archer characters  :mrgreen: but that´s how I see it, dunno about original intention

But yeah on next patch will give Women proficiency in bows, seems a Vanilla Brytenwalda issue, but bandits seem fine, as Bandit leader are much more deadly using javelins over bows, women fit the roles of archers better though.

Will think about it a bit though ...

But glad you pointed out the missing proficiencies! :grin: , kinda odd for them to not be able to use them properly, Bandit Leaders I´m still undecided, they actually work quite well as they are now throwing, they pwn units during their initial volleys.

Phoenix VII said:
Slaver Chiefs also spawn with bows but have neither PD or Proficiency so there's no real reason to upgrade Veteran Slave Hunters into them right now. :sad:

That´s quite interesting, will fix them for next weekend´s patch! Thanks for pointing out that! Keep ideas and suggestions coming!

Would love to know the reasoning for having an elite unit that has never used bows before having their last troop upgrade having one and a named unique type to boot, unless it is as I believed it was, just for loot.

Back to the troop tree revision, I noticed Mercenary Captains have no helmets of any sort in their inventory lists, and considering Bandit Leaders can upgrade to them and the previous Mercs do use helmets, i decided to add some helmets to their lists, I am  also working on giving more identificative adjectives to Ransom Brokers/Bards/Travellers to differentiate them further.

This is fun!

I also decided to Make Bandit Leaders and Slaver Chiefs be able to use with efficiency their bows if they pop with them upon creation,tentatively, still undecided, dont really like messing with the original flavors hehe

After some playthroughs I am still not decided on how to rebalance , will leave for later.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,304283.msg7221001.html#msg7221001
Idibil said:
There are special items in Brytenwalda waiting for you find them  :mrgreen:

Ok, looks like you're right  :smile:. You could always put their level up a bit to increase costs to balance it out. I seem to remember when I buffed their archery they got an absolute ton of kills in sieges.
Edit: the bandit chiefs I mean.

Looking forward to the other bandit upgrades/rebalances.

By the way, the red cloak on the long mail coat (the one that previously had fleshy coloured arms) has some clipping issues on the back. As a separate item it has these issues as well.

Lovin repolished...was hoping you could make it easier to get woad bodies. I wish my character could start woaded or get it from a shop or go on woad quest.....can sept women upgrade from lower tier and perhaps have two tiers of pict women?  Thanks for your work!

Also , can't seem to import companions....how does this work?

After several playthroughs, I decided to redo bandits like this:

The Unrights as a closed troop unit (no upgrades) fills a nice bandit role, no need to touch it.

The Morths on the other hand, upgrade into Spearmen in the merc line, and have way lower skills than same level Unrights. It´s logical to be able to upgrade them further into Spearmen in the merc line and now as the core Archer Bandit Unit, the "Fliming" (A fugitive in Anglo-Saxon), it´s a middle ground Archer unit, equipped with Short bows, way less poweful than other Nations archers (on par to a Sceotand Engli with 110 Archery), no shields, lightly armored, like all other nations archers,  but a bit better melee unit with the capability to wield axes/scians with some skill (70), and that would be its final upgrade.

As a rare bandit unit, I added The Wearg, it only appears, in 2 bandit spawns "Band of Thieves and Murderers" and "Bandits Gang" as Bandit Leader support troops, they rare (1 to 2 max units ) so they carry The Eye-Popping amidst a bunch of LongBows in their possible spawn weapons (and possible loot) , and like an Improved version of the Flimings they use now Two Handed Axes or 1h Axes, using the best light armor and a mid tier helmet, they have 160 Archery and decent weapon skills at 100 (remember archery is not the forté of Brytenwalda for historical reasons)

So I don´t touch original troop trees, which I am very loathe to do, and just add , relatively equal units but belonging to the bandits faction.

I left Bandit leaders and Slaver Chiefs as they are, Javelin Throwers with a rare chance to drop one of the named bows, as was their original intent as explained by Idibil.  :grin:
(Since it´s very rare to find Slaver Chiefs in the wild, and Bandit Leaders can already drop the Dark Hunter, and they are quite common parts of most Bandit groups, the Eye Popping has been assigned to the rare Wearg as a possible loot drop to legally include it dropping in loot drops)

Any other ideas, opinions, feel free to tell me!

Kendoman said:
Also , can't seem to import companions....how does this work?

In camp menu, export companions. Have to choose the name of the companion, which will bring you to a window like your character screen on which you can export/import same named companions, as if they were main characters, pretty easy  :grin:

So as to the upcoming changes in the next version:

-Rework of naming tags of bards, travelers and Ransom Brokers with mood adjectives to differentiate them further

-Added new .lods to several of the Bl-type shields in shield3.brf to avoid them popping out of existence when watching units carrying them and walking/riding away from them. Added up to 4 .lod´s to all those shields.

- Mercenary Captains have had Helms added to their possible gear inventory lists, they had none before.

-Fixed Villager Woman troop trees by having subsequent troop upgrades be able to shoot their included bow and arrow with skill, as their listed skill was set to 0 in vanilla despite having enough Power Draw to wield them.

-Added two new bandit troop types to add variety to bandit spawns and have a new way to obtain the named "Eye-popping" bow in game.

-Rework of certain tavern npc´s inventories to avoid making them look like clones of each other

-Fix of several scenes in static areas of the map that had mismatching trees/rocks/items floating around or at unseemly angles (Quarry, all training camps and training fields within them, monid crobh)

-Altered some party templates to include the new two bandit troops

-More general polishing of item_kinds1.txt

TO DO List:

- Fix Red Cloak clipping issue

As usual working on the nights when I come home, so remember to tell me anything you see amiss in game please! If it´s within my power to fix I will look into it! You will win a cookie if you help :grin:

I am having the problem where my troops won't memorize formation placement. If I use anything other than default placement, the division will start walking off in some direction whether I tell it to hold position or follow me. Although in some rare cases it will hold the correct position I tell it to, but if I wait a few minutes usually it will start moving in another direction(usually till its near the edge of the map). I have tried division placements on many different maps, so i don't think it is a distorted map problem, but it may be, and I may just have bad luck and have kept getting those kinds of maps.

Anyways, can someone PLEASE Help me? This is a game breaker for me. I would greatly appreciate any advice.  Thank you!

Next version of your mod is looking very good, too bad it wasn't around when I first downloaded Brytenwalda. :sad: But, I'm looking forward to seeing your new bandits when I get the chance.

Only thing I really have to say is that I think the Slaver Chiefs, as they are, are too weak compared to Veteran Slave Hunters. They both have the same HP, attributes, and skills and when it comes to equipment...Veteran Slave Hunters usually spawn with Mail Coats and Leather Gloves while Slaver Chiefs can only spawn with Linen Coats and no gloves. Regarding helmets, Veteran Slave Hunters spawn with either better or, at worst, roughly similar helmets. Only things that Slaver Chiefs have going for them is horses and that they can spawn with Greaves or Leather Splinted Greaves compared to Veteran Slave Hunters spawning with Leather Shoes and Quality Carbatinae. Proficiency-wise, Veteran Slave Hunters have 200 in with all weapons while Slaver Chiefs have 230. It'd be one thing if Slaver Chiefs used Eye-popping or Kontos or another really good weapon, but as they are right now they look like a sidegrade at best or even a downgrade. I mean, is sacrificing heavy armor and gloves for a horse, better leg armor, a bow they can't use well, and 230 proficiency points per weapon compared to 200 really worth it? I don't think so, troops equipped with medium armor go down much easier than those wearing mail in my experience...for example, Franks cease to be a problem in the mid-game because they spawn with mainly medium armor and go down pretty quickly to Tier 4 infantry, cavalry, and some tactics but Dena Pirates who wear mail are always a pain to deal with unless heavily outnumbered. It seems the easiest way to make Slaver Chiefs more meaningful would be to give them the same (or close to the same) Archery proficiency as Saethydds (170, IIRC) and some PD, but I know the mod aims to be historic as well so...yeah, maybe they should be buffed some other way or even stay the same, but they're pretty much the weakest upgrade in all the troop trees right now.

Only other things that I can think of that stand out is that in the female troop tree the Soldiers' Wives and Camp Defenders have Power Throw despite no throwing weapons and the Troop Tree in the game doesn't show that Fuidirs (Pictish skirmishers) can upgrade to Eite Fuidirs. Oh, and Camp Defenders (female troop but still a Tier 5) look rather weak with a 2 Power Strike when Sept women and all Tier 3 troops that I can think of have at least 3 Power Strike, but that might be intentional.

Thank you for your work!

OK, been checking some of the special scenes and for me at least there are a few little problems.

Northern cave, random floating trees, plus the 2 horses were missing.
fLNq9.jpg

Salinae, cave entrances look a bit weird and transparent.
Fe-Iu.jpg

Rare ruins, plants floating round a lot of the gateways plus up in the air. Maybe more inside, I got killed!
EWhCr.jpg
REdZb.jpg

Quarry seemed mostly ok, some bent trees. Flaming tower in the middle looks a bit strange, can't remember what it was like before though.
FSqKT.jpg

Sacred grove had some sideways trees, maybe more but I got utterly smooshed by the gold helmet guardian.
ejNnx.jpg

Also this... Mordor effect appeared around some of the special locations. This might just be my map cocking up again though. Looks kinda cool anway.
kV5fO.jpg

Sorry if these have been mentioned before, happy scening to you Brujoloco.

All of those are caused by the Polished Landscapes/graphical pack,
except the Salinae cave entrance that has transparency. That must be me  :oops:

The Polished Landscapes also in native cause all kinds of problems,
mainly because one tree mesh is replaced by several, and rocks are much larger.

Back
Top Bottom