Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brujoloco said:
Quidam said:
Hi there!

I sadly can't chose the nice pictish banner. Is that a choice, and pictish banner are reserved to PNJ?

By the way, great work! :grin:

The new pictish banners are in the Extras folder, in their own subfolder, have to replace it, as in copy and then overwrite, remember to back up the original folder filer in case you want to revert to the original ones. There´s a readme that explains how  :smile:

Siggorillo said:
Defnitely considering this as my new standard version of Brytenwalda now!

Only things I have in mind are:
1. If there's something to do to remove the cattle abuse, as in buying cattle, slaughtering it and selling the hides and meat.
2. Are the horse shops supposed to be flooded with donkeys and mules wherever you go? :grin:

TML changed horse merchant availability from 5 slots to 10, so in probability, there´s now more chance for donkeys than horses to appear, simple statistic  :grin:

Donkeys for everybody!
Now I'm having another horse merchant problem though, I can't seem to find any North Horses/Location horses at all.

Siggorillo said:
Brujoloco said:
Quidam said:
Hi there!

I sadly can't chose the nice pictish banner. Is that a choice, and pictish banner are reserved to PNJ?

By the way, great work! :grin:

The new pictish banners are in the Extras folder, in their own subfolder, have to replace it, as in copy and then overwrite, remember to back up the original folder filer in case you want to revert to the original ones. There´s a readme that explains how  :smile:

Siggorillo said:
Defnitely considering this as my new standard version of Brytenwalda now!

Only things I have in mind are:
1. If there's something to do to remove the cattle abuse, as in buying cattle, slaughtering it and selling the hides and meat.
2. Are the horse shops supposed to be flooded with donkeys and mules wherever you go? :grin:

TML changed horse merchant availability from 5 slots to 10, so in probability, there´s now more chance for donkeys than horses to appear, simple statistic  :grin:

Donkeys for everybody!
Now I'm having another horse merchant problem though, I can't seem to find any North Horses/Location horses at all.

Let me guess, you are either in ireland or South of the Map in Great Britain, around the south sea border from Cantware? try to move inland and see horse availability to confirm a suspicion of mine.

Also bear in mind horses are kinda rareish around 30 20 and 10 availability for Location Horses, Dray horses and Paraveredus respectively , while donkeys are 80, consider that like a dice roll %.

Check my post earlier too, left you a link to an altered nerfed hide item_kinds1.txt if you want.

If you want a different number of horses in the stables, check this quote by Caba´drin

Caba`drin said:
I think you can do this in TweakMB.

If not, in scripts.txt
Code:
refresh_center_stables -1
 15 1492 1 100 1490 1 150 6 3 1224979098644774912 360287970189640325 360287970189640347 1532 1 1224979098644774912 2121 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 360287970189640325 2105 2 1224979098644774913 648518346341351445 521 3 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774913 61 1513 4 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774914 1 5 1510 2 1224979098644774912 65 1511 1 1224979098644774912 2149 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774912 2147483678 2 1224979098644774915 600 2136 3 1224979098644774916 250 500 1 3 936748722493063602 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774916 3 0
Find the lone 5 and change it to whatever number.

Ah ****, you're the best. I might try the hide prices like that, since hides seem a bit too valuable overall.
And I don't do the cattle abuse, I just thought about if there might be a way to maybe make cattle cost more to buy? I really don't know a lot about modding this game lol

And yes, I love the spear change. It changed the game more than I thought it would.
Total support for this submod.

And about the horses, I tried teleporting around and looking in stores and waiting for them to restock and checking again, still nothing.
I might just be super unlucky.

Siggorillo said:
Ah ****, you're the best. I might try the hide prices like that, since hides seem a bit too valuable overall.
And I don't do the cattle abuse, I just thought about if there might be a way to maybe make cattle cost more to buy? I really don't know a lot about modding this game lol

And yes, I love the spear change. It changed the game more than I thought it would.
Total support for this submod.

And about the horses, I tried teleporting around and looking in stores and waiting for them to restock and checking again, still nothing.
I might just be super unlucky.

Wow that´s odd, can you fast forward some days? I have a copy of mine here and I´m not experiencing that issue. If you know how to use cheat mode do this to help me a bit, create a new char, whatever, all random, kill or be knocked unconscious quick by the starter bandit, then with cheat, teleport over with the new char and see horse availability. if it repeats I think we might proceed to step 2. Ill be here in the forums for a while, as I´m doing some work  on the desktop, so will be on guard  :grin:

Draughts, drays, dragans, ponies, mules and donkies as far as the eye can see, waited for two restocks and teleported around to most towns.
This is quite the odd one.

Siggorillo said:
Draughts, drays, dragans, ponies, mules and donkies as far as the eye can see, waited for two restocks and teleported around to most towns.

Well at least you seeing Drays and variations ... You used the full standalone install? or dumped the submod on an already existing version?

OMG LOL I just found out what happened LEL!

1.02 incoming ... (forgot to click merchandise on north horses)

big OOOOPS! :razz:

Anyone wanting the quickfix here it is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkgr5khyetgzcbj/Brytenwalda%20Repolished%201.02.zip?dl=0

Brujoloco said:
Siggorillo said:

Well at least you seeing Drays and variations ... You used the full standalone install? or dumped the submod on an already existing version?

OMG LOL I just found out what happened LEL!

1.02 incoming ... (forgot to click merchandise on north horses)

big OOOOPS! :razz:
Hahah, woo, I'm just glad you found a solution!

I just finished downloading the big 1.01 file, I take it I can just use MB Barracks to set merchandise for the north horses?

Anything else needs tweaking before I start a new game?

Yes, that's enough. You can even change the flags after starting a new game. You just gotta wait for the merchants to reload their inventory, for the changes to take effect. This does happen every couple of days.

Hehehe , will take me a while to reupload the big 1.02 files to the nexus/moddb/steam, but yes, as a patch you can set the merchandise tag to Location horses and the PARAVEREDUS, which was missing it, they probably lost the tag during my Skin Fix for them (on 1.01) and I simply forgot to re add it  :grin:

I also remade the nerfed hides item_kinds1.txt for Siggorillo (hides at half value now) in case anyone else wants it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x2dux43lddqdd0/nerfedhidesBR102.zip?dl=0

Haha, yes, was just thinking about that. "Forgot to mention the missing paraveredus, didn't I...", but of course I didn't have to even.
Oh well, back to murdering everything everywhere. :grin:

Just a question as well, what does the Expert mode in the tournaments really do? I know that with the TMS fix you can bet up to 500 with it on, but what does it change in stats on the enemies?

Siggorillo said:
Haha, yes, was just thinking about that. "Forgot to mention the missing paraveredus, didn't I...", but of course I didn't have to even.

Just a question as well, what does the Expert mode in the tournaments really do? I know that with the TMS fix you can bet up to 500 with it on, but what does it change in stats on the enemies?

As far as I recall it pumps all the npc selection to high tier ones, whereas on regular you get various types of tier (low to high) npcs during the combat phases, thus the better rewards. could be wrong though. I have never been a tournament/renown guy as I enjoy banditry  :wink:

Brujoloco said:
Siggorillo said:

As far as I recall it pumps all the npc selection to high tier ones, whereas on regular you get various types of tier (low to high) npcs during the combat phases, thus the better rewards. could be wrong though. I have never been a tournament/renown guy as I enjoy banditry  :wink:
Hehe, I know that feel. Rather steal some cattle and loot a church, but now and then when I'm in town I like to join the not as free men in a little fun tournament.

Is it possible for you to upload your source?  I was thinking of trying to integrate something, thought I might as well try it with this instead of basic 1.41

kraggrim said:
Is it possible for you to upload your source?  I was thinking of trying to integrate something, thought I might as well try it with this instead of basic 1.41

No source here, just painstakingly manual edit of the .txt/brf/textures files using several tools all over the place  :sad:

This started as a simple tweak of some merchant items using Morgh´s to a 3 month long (and ongoing) work of a vanilla 1.41 Install.

What changes you want to implement though? I might help you a bit if I can. For the record I have not touched anything mechanic-wise besides some damage tables off some items, most of the changes come from TML´s mod and you can check his source files IIRC.

Hey guys, quick question, i am new to brytenwalda never played it before, should i just go with this submod or go vanilla? Any bugs or other unpleasant things to look out for? Thanks in advance :smile:

Adorno said:
I must say Brujoloco has done an amazing job at humiliating the creators of Brytenwalda,
Bbecause he has polished and fixed so many things  :oops:

I think you should use this Polished version right away.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, uh ... I'd rather think that I just picked up a bit from where you guys left? TML's work is also awesome  :smile: ...

I Think Brytenwalda is in a sense still being taken care of by many people, and we all gain from it by making it much much better

I'm the one ashamed to be honest, those words are awesome and validate my small work thank you!!!

:oops:

krnja21 said:
Hey guys, quick question, i am new to brytenwalda never played it before, should i just go with this submod or go vanilla? Any bugs or other unpleasant things to look out for? Thanks in advance :smile:
I'd recommend going with this submod. This submod wasn't around when I started playing Brytenwalda but I did get TML's submod (which is a part of this one) which makes some balancing changes for some of the troops and equipment and also makes it possible to profit from the salt mines. Basically, this submod won't make the game more difficult or feel very different from vanilla, it just adds alot of nice stuff.

I just notice a "bug" but... for some reason, I don't know if this bug was existing on original Brytenwalda.

Some shield (for now, I notice that only for some BL_shield, mainly saxons/engle one's) pop up at a really short distance. May be a lack of some Lods?

Back
Top Bottom