Brytenwalda Module system and resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey masters of Brytenwalda.I'm a M&B player and moder from eastern country  :smile:
Brytenwalda is my favourite MOD,as it's various realistic systems are very interesting.
The models of Brytenwalda are realistic and nice,but realistic means not garish.Sadly my M&B friends prefer garish plate armors to the poor mails and shirts of Dark Age.So Brytenwalda is not a very popular mod in my country.
We Bretenwalda fans are disappointed for the truth that there will be no more advanced version of this super mod.However,as a low level moder,I think that maybe I can make a sub-mod,based on Brytenwalda,for the fans from my country.

Now I ask for the right of making sub-mod of your mod.I'll mark your names before I sign mine in the credit of my sub-mod.As a moder,I know that moder's work should be respected and I'll respect your work.Hope I can make Brytenwalda a little more popular in my country.
At last,thank you for presenting BRYTENWALDA for us!

_Forgive_ said:
Hey masters of Brytenwalda.I'm a M&B player and moder from eastern country  :smile:
Brytenwalda is my favourite MOD,as it's various realistic systems are very interesting.
The models of Brytenwalda are realistic and nice,but realistic means not garish.Sadly my M&B friends prefer garish plate armors to the poor mails and shirts of Dark Age.So Brytenwalda is not a very popular mod in my country.
We Bretenwalda fans are disappointed for the truth that there will be no more advanced version of this super mod.However,as a low level moder,I think that maybe I can make a sub-mod,based on Brytenwalda,for the fans from my country.

Now I ask for the right of making sub-mod of your mod.I'll mark your names before I sign mine in the credit of my sub-mod.As a moder,I know that moder's work should be respected and I'll respect your work.Hope I can make Brytenwalda a little more popular in my country.
At last,thank you for presenting BRYTENWALDA for us!

You are free to make submod

Other fans did submods too:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154472.0.html

Idibil said:
You are free to make submod

Other fans did submods too:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154472.0.html

Thanks,Master:smile:
One more question.Is the Mod System shared in this topic for version 1.41?

Hi guys, could you please tell me who made the painted pictish body textures for Brytenwalda? The name BrustwarzenLenny came up when I searched, is that who I'm looking for?

Good day. People, tell me please. I decided to change some things for themselves in mod, and this altered tree troops. Replace all files, as stated in the Dynamic Kingdom Troop Tree Presentation, except the module_constants because I can not find that is responsible for the troops tree.
I'm just as it is written, added
# Presentations Constants
title_pos_x  = 500
title_pos_y  = 650
title_size    = 2000
title_black  = 0x000000
title_red    = 0xFF0000
title_yellow  = 0xFFFF00
working_pos_y = 550
large_size    = 1500
medium_size  = 1200
normal_size  = 1000
small_size    = 800
smaller_size  = 600
tinny_size    = 450
troop_tree_size_x  = 375
troop_tree_size_y  = 500
troop_tree_space_x = 170
troop_tree_space_y = 140#170
troop_tree_left    = 60
Module system boot, no error climbs. Only the following warning in the scripts "variable name used for both local and global contexts:target".
I understand that this is due to the fact that I did not change something that is responsible for troop trees in constants
The game runs without problems, but when you come to the troops tree, troop tree displayed by country not by culture, plus not all troops are displayed
Prompt what to replace that would display all the correct

p.s. Sorry if the question is not asked in the topic, just working with just module system of Brutenwalda

The link given to the module system is broken.
Try it here:
novaregula.com/brytenwalda/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=36
Can you provide another link or way to access the module?

Stumble fall is a feature that you set in an option in camp menu.
I am not sure about the second question. There is a death cam, but I sometimes just exit and reenter the battle.
Please restate.

gdwitt said:
I am not sure about the second question. There is a death cam, but I sometimes just exit and reenter the battle.
Please restate.

options in the camp menu? wow thanks but why of all places in the camping menu? why not at least in an ini file? :grin:

gdwitt said:
Please restate.

Ok so if you die while in combat, yes the death cam activates and you can watch the battle from the free camera. If you press Esc, you go to the options menu (video/audio/controls/etc) and not to the regualr start menu (Options/Save/Exit). So the only way to quit the battle is to press Tab and retreat. Then another battle starts with you wounded and i need to suicide in order to exit battle. Takes too long so I just Alt+F4. I don't see myself playing this much longer if I have to Alt+F4 when I die. Let's just say video games should not allow you to be immortal. If I die in battle by taking an arrow to the face, id prefer to load my game and try again. I hate the fact that this game has immortal lords. It is the one thing broken about this game imo.

That should not be hard to add. I agree that trying again is more immersive than the retreat and relaunch.
Somebody might have messed up when adding the deathcam back in 2012.
Have you seen it work that way in another mod? Maybe there's a reason they set it up like that.
I'll give it a try tomorrow.

gdwitt said:
That should not be hard to add. I agree that trying again is more immersive than the retreat and relaunch.
Somebody might have messed up when adding the deathcam back in 2012.
Have you seen it work that way in another mod? Maybe there's a reason they set it up like that.
I'll give it a try tomorrow.

brytenwalda is the first mod i have ever used tbh... i just got into warband like a couple weeks ago. I bought the game in 2012 though but I didn't like it at first and only gave it a chance recently. Now I love this game haha.

Are you one of the developers of Brytenwalda?

I also forgot to mention this is when you are enlisted in an army as you never have the option to retreat or surrender. If you are the commander then yeah this is not a problem. Although there should be no reason to prevent someone from exiting their game while playing. If you don't want people doing something specific, then prevent that but to just block off the entire start menu is overkill and ridiculous :grin:

I see, thanks... I remember you had mentioned something about the update patch being a 3rd party patch and it changing the entire mod.

Can you clarify you were referencing the patch they specify here... http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/2115/

I installed The mod itself... then I installed the patch that they mentioned...

Import: You dont forget apply 1.41 patch!
(exact spelling)

Then I applied the graphics patch that makes everything dark and more like England. (I have family in England and it is accurate lol)

So let's say I learn the language and want to edit brytenwalda... am i only able to edit the base ModSys and not the update patch?

I honestly dont understand why an update patch exists if the open source is available for edit... why would these be compiled seperately? Is the ModSys available that has this update included. Ugh I'm confused.

So can I edit what I have installed or only edit the base and if I apply the update I can risk overwriting anything I edit?

Really happy Bannerlord wont be like this.

That link points to a 2013 of the mod when it may or may not have had a source system.
BrytRework's source system affects all the text files.
If you want to change the texturing, that would not be included.
However, if you find a darker texture, it won't work unless you tie it to the module.ini which still might complicate things.

Summary: The mod system is self-sufficent only for the text files.
It ties to Resources on for module_items.
The Resources and Textures are separate entities that are called by module.ini.
Ignore all the older patches as they are not compatible even though this mod is directly descended from them.
I changed the naming of all the items and resources to make things easier for modders to work with.

LootingScumbag said:
I honestly dont understand why an update patch exists if the open source is available for edit... why would these be compiled seperately?

when you create a public mod you will have to decide if you want to share the source or not. Simple as that.

BW 1.41 source is available for download. It is the official BW version.

Any other submod is not official. Changed by fans, with their own vision of what balance, items, etc should be. Repolished IIRC worked only on .txt files, so you won't get the source.

As a player you have to read patch notes and decide which game you want to play. There is no better or worse version. They are simple different.

Do you want the original hardcore version of BW, as made by the original team? 1.41 (you may apply texture patchs on it)

Do you want something else? Check submods

Do you want a more modern version? Play Viking Conquest

Back
Top Bottom