Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Marcidy

Recruit
Summary: After completing "Rescue your family" main quest sometimes your brother's skill tree is empty (none of the points are spent) sometimes everything is allocated. I had 2 campaigns where "Auto Allocate Clan Member Perks" were turned off. After completing the said quest I could only allocate my brother's skills in one of the campaign but not in the other one.
How to Reproduce: Create a campaign, complete the main quest "Rescue your family". After that look at the brother's skill.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Media (Screenshots & Video):
First Campaign: https://ibb.co/T2g20zB
Second campaign: https://ibb.co/0rMzb5X
Both pictures were taken after completing the "Rescue your family" main quest.

Hello, i will inform the devs about the issue. Can you please send us the save file where the brother's skill tree is allocated even though the "Auto Allocate Clan Member Perks" is off. You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.

I dont have saves from after completing the quest, because after noticing that the brother has his skill points spent i reloaded the older ones to complete the quest again with different methods and then maybe I would be able to allocate his skills (didnot work). But i can send you one which is before the quest is completed. Do you want me to send that one? Or if you want me I can load that one up and solve the quest in that, make a save and send that one to you?

If the campaign is created with the "Auto Allocate Clan Member Perks" option on, the save file before the quest is complete can be useful. If you can upload that one i will forward it to the devs.

I created both campaigns with the "Auto Allocate Clan Member Perks" option off, but i will send you the one where the brother's skills are allocated after you complete the quest.

I think it depends on skipping the tutorial quest.
I have "AACMP" off in the campaign I did the quest and all where allocated after rescuing them. I tested a campaign skipping the tutorial quest and all focus points and perks were free to spend.

I dont remember if I did the tutorial quest in my campaigns, but the issue might be related to that.

Hello, do you have a save file before the "rescue family" quest? If so can you please send that one? Our team was not able to reproduce the issue on this one.

No, I haven't. I think I even skipped the tutorial. The first time I could access my brother's skill tree was after completing "Rescue your family" main quest, but at that point his skills were already allocated.

interesting that this issue doesn't happen on the main branch, in all my new campaigns i always had the point's and perks to be allocated.

Update: Started a new campaign (beta e1.5.10) with "Auto Allocate Clan Member Perks" turned OFF. then I completed the "Rescue Your Family" quest and everything was allocated again for my brother. (This time I skipped the tutorial quest).
I didn't use any mods or cheats.

The problem seems to give different results based on your background ( if you are a Sturgian / Aserai / Vlandian etc... ), i did get points allocated already in some factions but there are others that don't have the perks allocated.

In my experience, if you don't do the tutorial then brother's perks (and sometimes attributes/FP) are randomly chosen when he re-joins you after rescue, even with auto-allocation off..
You can always choose his perks during the tutorial, in some versions (1.5.9, 1.5.10) you can also choose all his attributes and FP during the tutorial, making him very useful. I'm not sure if auto-allocate will cancel this out, I never use it as I think it's a bad option.
I have not personally seen him show up with unassigned perks after rescue, but I have read others say it can happen.

Back
Top Bottom