Broken savegame system made me quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

RIP that stinks its why im not touching mods until game is fully released maybe 1 or 2 mods but not that much. perhaps you shouldve made it so the game doesnt automatically update if you were gonna use that many mods.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet.. probably did.. but each of those Mods comes with .dll files.. here: "\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" are locked up.

You need to go to each .dll file, hit "properties" then at the bottom "unlock" it.
Just a FYI, you don't have to do this if you use a mod manager like Vortex.

RIP that stinks its why im not touching mods until game is fully released maybe 1 or 2 mods but not that much. perhaps you shouldve made it so the game doesnt automatically update if you were gonna use that many mods.
You can do this through Steam. Go to Library, right click Bannerlord and select Properties. Click the Beta tab and select the patch you want to stick with there.

Guys, I am fine playing since first post with 40 mods. And I remained on 1.3.1 since it is working. Savegames are constanly breaking when you move between versions even without mods. So yes, you can play with hundred mods. Just dont upgrade your game. Don't listen to lame people, which even do not understand how it works, and blame modders or people playing with mods. There is nothing to do with mods. The only issue for people which play with mods is game constantly updating, it is good otherwise. The progress should be going, but if you want to play with mods, just stick to some version, and do not upgrade.

I've had this happen twice with the newest patches. 1.4.1 and 1.4.1 performance.

No mods and broken saves and backup save.

Sent in the bug report and that was that. I'm not even that upset as starting a new campaign is fun. Mastering the early game can really propel you forward.

Its something I want fixed but I would rather content than worry about a stale 800day playthrough.

Guys, I am fine playing since first post with 40 mods. And I remained on 1.3.1 since it is working. Savegames are constanly breaking when you move between versions even without mods. So yes, you can play with hundred mods.

I've never had a savegame break between versions. I haven't even had one get corrupted.

I don't use any mods at all...and have never had a Bannerlord savegame fail.

Sometimes I've chosen to start a new playthrough because of newly-patched features or fixes that could only come into play with a fresh game, but that's a little different. Have never had a savegame that got corrupted such that it just crashed or failed to load at all.

I dunno, maybe I've just been lucky. Shrug.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet.. probably did.. but each of those Mods comes with .dll files.. here: "\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" are locked up.

You need to go to each .dll file, hit "properties" then at the bottom "unlock" it.

Also I don't even think there are even 60 mods out that are even compatible with the newest version. Each version they put out will screw over a series of mods.. That just the way it will be for the next 6 months.

It hasn't launched yet.
+1 thats why we didnt get the sdk aswell

All that posted about their savegames never being broke - congratulations. Who had this issue welcome to the club. I have friends who have the same issue, pitifully they are not forum guys and cannot speak engilsh, but they send you big CONGRATULATIONS too.

playing the same campaign since e1.0.0.
The one could only imagine the mess in the save file, considering all changes in the game since then. At least it doesnt crash.

because I added a bunch of mods

To be honest I stopped reading here. Whenever you install a mod, any mod, during an early access period where the core base game is not finalized and have the expectation that it will work perfectly fine... you're going to have a bad time =(

That being said I totally get why you would have a ton of mods. Just adjust your expectations

I was playing on 1.4.1 with 3 or 4 mods yesterday. Everything seemed fine. A few hours in realized one of them broke almost every trait in the game. I cant imagine the number of conflicts you have going running 60.

To be honest I stopped reading here. Whenever you install a mod, any mod, during an early access period where the core base game is not finalized and have the expectation that it will work perfectly fine... you're going to have a bad time =(

That being said I totally get why you would have a ton of mods. Just adjust your expectations

OP was frustrated when this thread started, despite the title later posts were actually very reasonable :smile: @XT-ended_2L you might want to edit the title to something a little more diplomatic though. I think some people writing here might be getting the wrong impression from that.

Saves break regardless of mods. I've never installed a mod and always do fresh campaigns. Dont act like a smug prick your entire life.

Some dev's with alt accounts. Lol

Well, just to be clear I can see how they would get the wrong impression. I did, too, before I actually went and read through each post.

Saves break regardless of mods. I've never installed a mod and always do fresh campaigns. Dont act like a smug prick your entire life.

That seems unnecessary. OP had a specific problem with mods that is probably unrelated to what you are experiencing, and what @Kniggit said is not wrong.

Well, just to be clear I can see how they would get the wrong impression. I did, too, before I actually went and read through each post.

That seems unnecessary. OP had a specific problem with mods that is probably unrelated to what you are experiencing, and what @Kniggit said is not wrong.
Broken saves regardless of mods hardly seems unrelated.
Corrupted/broken saves should be addressed.

I get that you might be a dev or a fanboy but to be dismissive of anyone with issues is reckless. The idea is to get the game ship shape before launch.

Instead of going around dismissing people's issues you could get back to developing or on the off chance you're a fan boy, you can give actual feedback.

Broken saves regardless of mods hardly seems unrelated.
Corrupted/broken saves should be addressed.

I get that you might be a dev or a fanboy but to be dismissive of anyone with issues is reckless. The idea is to get the game ship shape before launch.

Instead of going around dismissing people's issues you could get back to developing or on the off chance you're a fan boy, you can give actual feedback.

I am not dismissing anything and I have given plenty of feedback. And given that OP is now able to play normally while you seem to be unable to, that sounds like a different issue to me.

You are frustrated, you are angry, I get it, but flaming doesn't do any good (except maybe vent your frustration, but even that is short lived).

I am not dismissing anything and I have given plenty of feedback. And given that OP is now able to play normally while you seem to be unable to, that sounds like a different issue to me.

You are frustrated, you are angry, I get it, but flaming doesn't do any good (except maybe vent your frustration, but even that is short lived).
Clearly if you read my past posts in here you would see that I'm not upset at all and I'm fine with restarting.

This is about broken saves being fairly common. Seems odd that you still have an issue with others addressing issues.

P.S your english is fantastic. My Turkish would be via google translate.

Back
Top Bottom