Broken savegame system made me quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gunna have to agree with most people here, installing a bunch of mods on an EA game just isn't wise.

However saying that, I see a lot, A LOT, of people on here recommending doing just that. Many implying in fact that the game is great right now cause you can just use mods to fix all the BS.

Both sides of the coin are full of ****. Modding isn't a viable alternative and won't be probably for over a year while the game is continually updated. But poking fun at someone whose frustrated mods broke his game after you recommended them makes you just as big of a moron as him.

But yeah, maybe try to limit your mod to like the community patch or something. It isn't perfect but hopefully it won't destroy your save (no way to no for sure though). Heck the game is early access your save file might get ****ed at some point just because of that.

My game and saves are fine, but that is because i didn't download eleventybillion mods for an early access game.

Common sense and experience of gaming would suggest that saves sometimes won't be usable after a patch.

You are the reason for warnings about not drinking shampoo or that a pack of nuts, does indeed contain nuts.

Gunna have to agree with most people here, installing a bunch of mods on an EA game just isn't wise.

However saying that, I see a lot, A LOT, of people on here recommending doing just that. Many implying in fact that the game is great right now cause you can just use mods to fix all the BS.

Both sides of the coin are full of ****. Modding isn't a viable alternative and won't be probably for over a year while the game is continually updated. But poking fun at someone whose frustrated mods broke his game after you recommended them makes you just as big of a moron as him.

But yeah, maybe try to limit your mod to like the community patch or something. It isn't perfect but hopefully it won't destroy your save (no way to no for sure though). Heck the game is early access your save file might get ****ed at some point just because of that.

That's one of the reasons I don't use control group mods, so that crashes and feedback reports can impact the game, and using mod I won't know what's happening with new releases.

Fast dialogue though, I cannot play without, not with these constant repetitive interactions.cutting off looters is just worth actual hours. Ther's no need to get scene loading into this.

If you are using mods this is a must have: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/282

It might not work if your game is already screwed, but I'm on day 1,800 with multiple removed/added mods (note: I did check to see if they were do-able to remove or add mid-game) and haven't had any issues patch to patch.
I used that one, but deleted it recently, because it never helped. I also found which mod broke the savegame and just deleted it. I also deleted all mods that save its content to the savegames, like Noble Troops, Custom Spawns and so on.
It seems kinda stable now. But now I see another unnumbered game update in the steam. Again. Who thinks it is a good development practice? I know it is another topic, but anyway.

[...]
But now I see another unnumbered game update in the steam. Again. Who thinks it is a good development practice? I know it is another topic, but anyway.
Nice that you were able to solve your problem.

This development practice is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to Early Access games or publicly accessable games still in development.
I've been through many early access games and more often than not the developers take so long between updates that one REALLY starts to wonder if their game has become "abandon-ware". I'm talking several months here.
I'm basing this solely my own experience, thus I understand that others' may vary.

Nice that you were able to solve your problem.
I can't call it a solution. But yeah, at least I can play with 40 mods. Poor friend of mine, his game crashes when he speaks to companion in tavern without a single mod, he reinstalled the game 3 times already and gave up. Of course it is his fault that he is playing the game in ea.

This development practice is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to Early Access games or publicly accessable games still in development.
Tbh never seen something like that in gaming industry, even in ea. I know it is an easy way to fasten the development, I've seen such things in some poorly-structured companies. I call it dirty work, because it is bad even for the company, not saying about customers. Documenting processes is the first step on a way to success. Maybe they just forgot to actually fix what was proposed as fixed, but if that is the reason, then we have even bigger issues.

I also deleted all mods that save its content to the savegames, like Noble Troops, Custom Spawns and so on.
It seems kinda stable now.

This was a good idea definitely. I specifically avoid mods that persist their data to savegames, and would advice everyone to do the same.
Mods that don't keep any state are unlikely to cause issues with saves, unless very poorly coded.

But now I see another unnumbered game update in the steam. Again. Who thinks it is a good development practice? I know it is another topic, but anyway.
Some of these in the previous week were stability fixes for Multiplayer client.
And I fully understand why devs don't put patch notes for minor patches.
If they did, we would get million silly threads in the forum, how the patch contains no new content, how people are dissappointed with it, how devs are not focusing on important things, have no priorities or are just incompetent... And I am tired of reading those.

I understand your frustration, but sadly until we have the full set of tools given by Taleworld there won't be any real mods you could use in long term

I understand your frustration, but sadly until we have the full set of tools given by Taleworld there won't be any real mods you could use in long term
Yeah, seems so.

And I fully understand why devs don't put patch notes for minor patches.
If they did, we would get million silly threads in the forum, how the patch contains no new content, how people are dissappointed with it, how devs are not focusing on important things, have no priorities or are just incompetent... And I am tired of reading those.
People are customers, so they could express their feelings about the product, satisfaction/dissatisfaction level and so on. The fear of criticism should not break documentation process and should not create chaos in development. It is a bad sign, I know how it looks from inside. Tomorrow they will face a lot of situations, where nobody remember who pushed which update, who did changes to the code and it will lead to even more issues, than before. Do we have little amount of companies abandoned their projects during ea? I remember a lot. I hope TW will not become one of them.

Last edited:
People are customers, so they could express their feelings about the product, satisfaction/dissatisfaction level and so on.

It is all ok. But many people have completely no idea about game development, and whenever changelog is too small or contains some controversial nerf they just grab pitchforks and run to forum making threads with complains. Not understanding that small changelog doesn't mean that the devs were lazy and did nothing, it means that most of them are busy working in other code branches, probably doing more complex changes, while the small changes were something they wanted to release asap to fix most concerning issues.

The fear of criticism should not break documentation process and should not create chaos in development. It is a bad sign, I know how it looks from inside. Tomorrow they will face a lot of situations, where nobody remember who pushed which update, who did changes to the code and it will lead to even more issues, than before.

Public changelog has nothing to do with internal documentation process. They could just write "fixed some crashes and balance issues" in e1.4.0 version changelog and it still would mean nothing about their internal task management and documentation.

Public changelog has nothing to do with internal documentation process. They could just write "fixed some crashes and balance issues" in e1.4.0 version changelog and it still would mean nothing about their internal task management and documentation.
Ok, I hope so, but it is just an assumption. Also, it is not what I used to see during ea's, startup projects and so on, and it is unacceptable for me. It is strange to see, that public endorses such behavior... Times change...

I already mentioned that all worked good in 1.2. And that people complain to broken savegames even without playing with mods. Saving in city screens, -1 day quests, disappeared companions and many other. The rant was not about "hackish mods", it was about savegame system, which is far from fluent. Anyway, savegame editor is just a matter of time. I am under emotions, because of my own desires, I understand that, so dont act smart, and of course it is a good reason to make fun of (like any other rant). But EA is not an excuse for everything. Starting over again and again is not a good idea.

P.S.I remember times playing with hundreds of mods in minecraft without any compatibility issues, because the design of mod support is flawless, what cannot be said about Bannerlord. Current mod design is just a joke, even fallout 3 had better mod support. But that is another story.

There really isn't mod support for Bannerlord yet, that's the thing. The mod tools have not been released yet. Sorry man but by modding your game now you are playing with fire :smile:

w7jrxfd7prw41.png

Sorry, it had to be posted.
This haha :wink:

m8 the game isn't even finished being made yet and you're surprised when other people's mods who have nothing to do with the developers at all break your save?

And then blame the developers?
kzwA1I0.png

Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet.. probably did.. but each of those Mods comes with .dll files.. here: "\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" are locked up.

You need to go to each .dll file, hit "properties" then at the bottom "unlock" it.

Also I don't even think there are even 60 mods out that are even compatible with the newest version. Each version they put out will screw over a series of mods.. That just the way it will be for the next 6 months.

I have been extremely critic with TW since launch, but this time they are totally innocent, you probably did not read the fine prints and comments on the mods...
It hasn't launched yet.

Back
Top Bottom