Broken "declaring war" diplomacy AI

Users who are viewing this thread

I started a new game (after the last update). What have you done to the AI, it's broken now!
Before - if AI declared war, he would go to war, he would try to capture castles and towns.
Now - when the AI declares war and has an advantage (in gold), it does NOTHING, it loses the advantage (in gold).

I'm playing on the highest difficulty, is this done on purpose?

Been having the same problem. In my playthrough kingdoms declare war on me and a few days later they just quit and propose a truce and they pay me for it. it happens all the time. They dont even try to take a castle or a town, they just drop it right there and then. it makes no sense at all. Wars should have a clear objective. Lets say we want to take Danustica and all the war efforts should be targeted towards that goal. Its crazy how the AI makes armies just because roaming aimlessly all over the map, dropping objectives and going back and forth between cities and enemy cities without doing anything. Late game is the worst part of the game. ive put almost a 1k hours in and late game keeps disappointing.

Me too. Late game, I'm now steam-rolling the opposition because they declare war and do nothing .. allowing me to capture a few more towns / castles .. before they wake up and build defensive armies. Then it's time for peace.

1 step forward, 3 steps backwards ..

As King, my clan member want war all the time, after a while I went against them because they never did anything, and when in a war they never defend their cities or castles, so we lost ground, I had to run around and recapture all the lost cities and castles, however as soon as they got them back they did nothing to defend it.

My suggestion would be.

1. The castle come under the Kingdom control, the King can appoint a jarl to be the castle Lord however the control to ramp up the defenses should be in control of the king.

2. If a clan keeps losing a city/castle it come under the kings control.

3. The King can give away the city/Castle to whoever he wants as long as it's under his control.

Back
Top Bottom