Briton Units

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems that Ranika/Anthony/Somairle were looking for potential recipients - mainly modders, who were making mods connected with Gaels, Celts, Picts et cetera. Europa Barbarorum, Arthurian Total War, Age of Vikings, Wrath of Norsemen (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=306), 1066 mod (an old mod for M&B, set in Anglo-Saxon England during Norman Invasion), 0 AD, 867 AD: Lords of War, Europe 1200 and now Hegemony: 268 B.C plus my mod.

Please don't turn this into a witch hunt. It is reasonnable to ask about the authenticity of what Anthony said as his sources seems doubtfull, if not invented. Yet he doesn't deserve insults for such.

Anthony bringed a lot of help to several mod teams, including mine when I worked on Arthurian TW. Without him lot of things wouldn't have been possible, including more realistic Gaels that a bunch of trouser-clads woad painted Celts.
He may have simplified part of his informations for modders. He may also have influenced teams to see his personnal views in mods rather than consensual scholarship. He had still a very good knownledge of those societies.

I worked with Ranika and Anthony for quite a long time, and I could say stuff against them. But, as a matter of respect, I won't do. Their input may be in part a "fake" one but it had me completing the achievement that Arthurian TW was. And that achievement was one of the reasons I started 5th century re-enactment with my group Letavia. It was this that had me buying more and more books about the era, and reading more and more articles, excavation reports and such.

It may sounds stupid, or weird, as the accusations toward them or him seem genuine. But I won't raise the voice against them.

Eventually, I would like Somairle, if he is Anthony, to join this discussion and explains himself.

Elmetiacos said:
Somairle was being generally helpful on the Hegemony 268 forum. Surely he isn't another Ranika sock-puppet?  :sad:

I'm not. I used to complain about him on EB but that didn't go to well.

Hey,

As the chief historian of 0 AD I too must say I got suckered in by Anthony/Ranika/whoever-else-he-is.  At the time I was not Chief Historian, my predecessor was still around, but I was totally blown away by the depth of knowledge I thought he possessed. I knew something was wrong when Slim Charles posted and then Anthony started getting antsy when I started trying work out my deficiencies in Celtic history knowledge and when I pushed him on some points he became even more nervous. We were discussing Arthur and the early Anglo-Saxon Wars and he seemed somewhat shocked by what I knew.

To make a long story short he vanished on me, but I did not know the full extent of what Anthony was until I started doing more in-depth work on 0 AD's accuracy. That's when I met mulattothrasher on TWC. That's the guy who heads the Celt research for EBII and RS 2.0. Since then he has really helped me out since then in trying to fix our depiction of the Celts. It's an ongoing process, but I really want to get it as accurate as we can. As well as fix my own past articles and research on the Celts. Somairle has also helped and I am convinced he is not Anthony.

Back
Top Bottom