Britannia 1080 mod General discusion thread/Progress report

Users who are viewing this thread

First, I see that Dimos used my mod's map for his own project. You don't have permission from me. I'll not bite you for that, but remember that, there is a small rule. If you want to use any mods' stuff - first you must contact mod leader by PM or e-mail and ask him for permission. Dimos, I allow you to use map, but in the future please comply with this rule.

waraelm said:
Dimos said:
waraelm: Why? Is that wrong? I mean Kolba made mistakes in it?

in a way the armour was the hight of the roman empire not at its fall the armours way to different.

Sorry, but I don't understand anything from your - excuse my saying so - gibberish. Start sentence from capital letter and we'll talk about it.

Dimos, your mod is looking great. I was surprised, that you didn't used any new items, but for now, it's not top priority. There aren't many informations and screenshots, so I can't say anything about this period, but I'll be checking this thread everyday :grin:.

Good luck,
Kolba

Dimos said:
Hi, That is my first work guys. I decided to make a mod of Brittania, just after the Normans conquered the Saxon Kingdoms and try to establish their holding on the British mainland... A time of Great Skirmishes and fights!
Includes:
Factions:
England
Scotland
Ireland
Island of Man
Wales

You may be too far along to change anything and I'm not trying to be a butt; but your factions should actually read Normans and Saxons seperately, not just lump them together as England.  By your first sentence "try to establish their holding" it appears that the Normans and Saxon Kingdom/Duchy's are still fighting.

Either way a mod I eagerly look forward to playing.  GO SCOTTI!

Kolba: I thought the map of your mod is stolen by the ''Dark Age:Viking Raiders mod'' . Actually, I started my own (see 1rt post), but encountered some problems and I took yoours, made that much better and used that.

Nebless: They still fought, against Saxon and Viking rebels and Welsh Principates... I support the Scots too my friend!  :wink:

To all: About the BETA release. Mabe today night maybe tomorrow

If you need any help with naming for the Welsh faction, I could be of use to you. Quite handy that the language hasn't changed much over the last 1000 years :razz:

Cymro said:
If you need any help with naming for the Welsh faction, I could be of use to you. Quite handy that the language hasn't changed much over the last 1000 years :razz:

I gladly accept your help, my friend... Actually, what do you propose me to do, release the BETA today? Or first change the Welsh Lord names?

waraelm said:
i would change the names in my opion if you think it will improve historical accrucay of your mod.

It will definately improove it... But maybe you want to play that soon as well!

Nice map. I'd be happy to help with the rest of the Scottish troop tree. (Because if you screw it up... Me and my Scotsmen friends won't be very happy.)

I know... But maybe should I make a BETA release first? I mean, release that first and then everyone will make suggestions and help me... Will that be better?

Ruthven said:
Nice map. I'd be happy to help with the rest of the Scottish troop tree. (Because if you screw it up... Me and my Scotsmen friends won't be very happy.)

You're a scot?! AWESOME! :grin:

Ruthven said:
Seconded, if I see bull**** your heads getting ripped off Dimos.
The mod sounds good, I say fix the welsh names and then release a beta.

Actually, I'll have a bit time this weekend...  :wink: . You mean Lord names or troop names??? I intend to have troops in modern day english so as everybody to understand...  :grin:

Savage said:
Ruthven said:

You're a scot?! AWESOME! :grin:
Aye, lad. While I may not have been born in Scotland, it's where my ancestry and my heart truly lie. [/Scottish accent]

And I'm going to Scotland for Easter!  :grin:

Check first post! BETA released!  :grin:

Can anyone tell me his opinion about the graphical enchancement project? Is it worthy to add it in the next release?

Downloading...

Dimos said:
Check first post! BETA released!  :grin:

Can anyone tell me his opinion about the graphical enchancement project? Is it worthy to add it in the next release?

You musn't add it. It is really big and Graphical Enchancement effects all mod installed on modules folder. So, just recommend it for players :razz:.

And yes, it's amazing project!

Any comments about the mod? Bugs? Something you like?

And please every able man, who wants to mod pm me, I'll be glad to have him/her in the team!

...That's all folks!  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom