Britain at War v 1.0 Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there, nice mod. I've been playing around with it for some time and it is really funny.
One thing which should be given a little thought is the trouble one would have using bows and throwing weapons. Maybe it is intended to be like that but it destroys any chances of wining tournaments as I hate throwing and archery and I only train melee skills. I cannot inflict any damage and I had to edit the char's skills for these ones just to be able to win for some money. Maybe you can do some changes especially when going into tournaments to overcome this issue. thanx
Another problem is the south bridge in Ireland which is in the middle of the land there and not on the river as it supposed to be.
Some items have weird position in the inventory as a knight shield and some boots.
Maybe you can add a little more action in the beginning with some more parties, cause if you didn't choose any side, it's pretty boring to fight the same 5-6 bandits/looters and they are found pretty hard.
Thanks for your work.

Rath0s said:
Are you troubled that you take so little damage.
No, not at all, in fact that's a thing that I can change in the options. I mean the fact that I cannot inflict damage. I cannot do any damage to another npc in the tournaments when I use a bow. For example me, a melee char, I get to use a bow or throwing weapon, I do 0 damage to them because I lack the skill, thus make it impossible for me to win. IF I could do at least 2-3 damage points to him it would be great because I could eventually put him down. I don't like to use range weapons and I don't train them at all, but in the tournaments I have to because they give it to you randomly.

I hate bows and javelins in tournements myself, but I will most likely change every tournements to lance and swords style, I think that was how they did it on the british isles, not bows and javelins.

I will also equip greathelm to tourements to most likely all.

I wonder is it possible to make additional option for map encounters with aggressive neutrals like "Ignore and move on" if my group is faster than their? It will be usefull and realistic too. I just get tired of this shoeless "interceptors" who only waste my time with their worthless loot  :evil:

I enjoyed the looks of this mod but got demoralized very quickly by the new added combat animations. One of them looks like he's choking himself to death, and another like he dislocated his shoulder. Also the turning of weapon on an overhead strike delay the strike quite a bit and there's a large random factor of it. I ended up doing 0 damage to Looters quite a few times, which is just odd when you have 4 in powerstrike and end up doing 32 with the next swing using the exact same momentum of the sword.

So I was wondering, is there any way to turn that of, and just use the M&B native combat system?

I have just played this mod for a while and managed to capture my first castle, however I was very disappointed when longshanks told me he was giving it to someone else and all I got out of it was 900 denars, after several days of siege, half my men are dead - and all i got was 900? I allready had 40 000 denars for christ sake! Enough of my whining. Can you change the amount of gold you get when you are refused a castle and also change the amount you get in ransom for different troop types Looters very low and Knight high!

There are some points on the map where caravans and/or lords are blocking themslefs and just run forever without moving. most likely happens on the southern britain and france north coast and because of that, French armies are disadvantaged cause they cannot attack in groups due to some lords always get stock. maybe the map should be a bit re-edited.
I like the idea of giving lances without shield as now knights do a lot of couched lance and that gives a major slaughter when charging with 50-60 cavalry men into a close pack of pedestrian units. that is really a nice image to be seen! :smile:

Just started playing and was already saying come on!

1. Shield with French Heraldics on it in Merchant and called and English shield.
2. William Wallace thinks hes Lezalit and from some unknown country... William Wallace should be lord in Scotland not a companion especially not when your playing English lol.
3. Change all the companions names and stories so they better fit the mod but keep some as thier profession IE Jeremus = Healer Marnid = Trader etc
4. Marnid has all templar gear but still talks like he is a broke trader. Is he suppose to be a templar?
5. You definitely need to rebalanced item costs. Plate gauntlets with +8 body defense for 1.5k denars is incredibly cheap. Helmets with +10(48Def) more Def are much less money then other helmets with ten less in defense (38 Def) etc. Ragged leather jerkin has more def then some of your new armors. Over all the prices need to be rebalanced.
6. Pretty sure any middle eastern in england at this time would have been burned at the stake so its weird seeing any as companions unless maybe they are a crusader and saved such fate.
7. Lol the Item Plate Gauntlets are backwards I put them on and my thumbs are reverse on my hands.
8. All your new hand items like plate gauntlets and Mail Gloves don't have a close hand animation so it looks like your weapons are glued to your hands.
9. One English man at arms took out 20 bandits single handedly unmounted in under a minute. balance issues much? or are they just that badass lol

Simple things really, easily overlooked or not gotten too but definitely merit attention I think.

William Wallace is a lord of scotland, but I forgot to remove the old companion one.  :oops:

All those french shields might not be in next release.

And the companion and dialougs will be changed.

But depends if I have time, im also soon, I think, I might very soon be summoned to the army.  :roll:

Updated a few more ^^ Well I hope the Army doesn't take you away from your mod so Far I'm enjoying it. Just needs some re-balancing(Item Costs), texturing(Few Armors, Shields) and loose ends cleaned up.(Companions etc)

What Army is this the US?

Well i wanted to say thank you for making such mod. im a great fan of that war between English and Scotts. i was hoping playing the new version or at least patch before i join the army as well. but not sure its gona happen..  :roll:.. its still great you made it that far. i still had a few hours of entertainment thanks to you.  :smile:
i wish you luck.
and please whatever happens, for the sake of other fans of this mod, do not let this mod die.
thank you Rathos.

Back
Top Bottom