Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Peter-

Master Knight
Old Guard
BRITAIN 1297

Britain 1297 1.0 Download

You may wish to alter the mod with some tweaks or graphic enhancements, if so, I recommended using these :-

Zaro's Graphical Enhancement 2.5
TheMageLord's 78 gameplay tweaks 

This mod aims to convert Calradia into late 13th Century Britain, not long after the war between Scotland and England, which would last until 1328, started. The mod is not 100% historically accurate as certain features being less accurate make the mod more fun, however a lot of the mod, with the help of Lucius, is historically accurate.

Team :-

-Peter-
Lucius - Planning, helping with accuracy.

Credits :-

Talak's Unique Armoury.
Luigi's OSP weapons.
Dindi and anyone else responsible for the OSP helmets.
pentagathus - Help with scripting.
GetAssista - Helped me out with my module_dev' threads on numerous occasions.

Looking for :-

Scripter - I've been doing the scripting up till now, however my knowledge is very basic therefore if someone who's got a bit more experience of scripting wants to help out, let me know as it'd mean I could concentrate on new items and such.

Scene editor - Not desperately needed but would be useful.

Features (so far)

~ A new map of the British isles.
~ Many new models.
~ Many re-textures to convert Calradia into Britain.
~ Historical lords, troops, cities and castles.
~ Five factions :-
England
English Army (situated in Ireland and Wales.)
Independent Wales
Gaelic Ireland
Scotland
~ The diplomatic status of the factions set up a 3 v 2 situation. ( England & English army will be at war with each faction while the rest are at peace). However, this is not permanent to allow change and more options for the player.
~ Emphasis on archery. The amount, the quality and use of archers you have can now determine battles of any size.
~ New quick battles scenario's.

Bugs

Not done | Done

-

Please post a description of any bugs you find.

Next version to-do list

More new models - In progress
Battlefield banners - models created.
Makes the dialogues relevant - Not started.
New scenes - In planning.

Feel free to post any suggestions.

Screenshots.

To view all screenshots (there's a lot) you can go here - http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn133/Britain1299/

mb60.jpg

mb50.jpg

mb31.jpg

mb9.jpg

mb10.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb20.jpg

mb32-1.jpg

mb25.jpg

mb53.jpg

mb14.jpg

mb40.jpg

English :-

- Heavily armoured.
- Very slow.
- Skilled archers.
- Fields heavy cavalry.
- Effective as a group.

Scotland :-

- Very mobile and quick.
- Lack effective cavalry.
- Lack armour.
- Unique lords, some heavily armoured and some in traditional Scottish apparel.

Ireland :-

- Fields decent cavalry.
- Overall balanced army, not fast nor slow, medium quality armour.

Wales :-

- Lacks armoured units.
- Lacks effective cavalry.
- Skilled archers.

If you wish to help towards getting the mod more publicity, feel free to copy and paste this into your sig :-

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36705.0.html][IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/2w6toh3.png[/IMG][/url]

Feel free to share comments/questions/criticism. Also if you wish to contribute to the mod then feel free to PM me.

Suspect-Device said:
Please implement kilts in a realistic manner...

Yep, as I said when 1.0 or a .951 module system comes out then I'll add new models, will start them before hand though.

What I had in mind was something similar to these. Click1 Click2 (Ignore everything but the kilt.)

Basically models similar to the native ragged outfit but less thick and a tartan texure.

-Peter- said:
Suspect-Device said:
Please implement kilts in a realistic manner...

Yep, as I said when 1.0 or a .951 module system comes out then I'll add new models, will start them before hand though.

You are going to have to wait until a new brfedit comes out to add items.  The current one doesnt work with the new version of M&B.  A new one might not come out until after 1.0

While you seem to have done slightly more work than me, to be completely honest I've already started a mod on the same setting, however I've included most of the major factions at the time, and have blurred the conflict all together, so it's not just scotland and england, but wales, ireland and northern france as well. However I've only starting working on the kilts for the scots and irish at the moment... No screenies yet.

The_Dark_Fire said:
While you seem to have done slightly more work than me, to be completely honest I've already started a mod on the same setting, however I've included most of the major factions at the time, and have blurred the conflict all together, so it's not just scotland and england, but wales, ireland and northern france as well. However I've only starting working on the kilts for the scots and irish at the moment... No screenies yet.
OHH! WAIT! I got an idea! How 'bout you guys work together and make work twice as fast and twice as good?!

Could work. I've had this Mod in the pipeline for awhile. And your idea's seem similer to mine. However I'm just a modeller and haven't touched programming at all. But I don't think you need a programmer as well. Another thing is I haven't tried rigging  or animating either, I've just worked on a few models.

-Peter- said:

am i mistaken or is that a byzantine (eastern roman empire) guy? judging by the time period. the emblem is of the romans that west empire was long gone by now.
or did one of these factions use the romanii insignia?

cool_guy said:
-Peter- said:

am i mistaken or is that a byzantine (eastern roman empire) guy? judging by the time period. the emblem is of the romans that west empire was long gone by now.
or did one of these factions use the romanii insignia?
yea. i think there is something wrong with that.

ArabArcher35 said:
You don't even need to include kilts. Scots didn't wear kilts until at least the beginning of the 16th century.

Thank you.  I'm glad to see someone here knows their stuff.  So yes, please don't include kilts. 

Kilts in the Middle Ages is just one of the many things that was created by Braveheart.  Damn you Randal Wallace! 

Funnily enough, I was also working on a mod for this.  However, I can't really do that much modeling or programming.  I can do art, sound and music, voices, and simple editing.  The stuff I've made I have had fun with, though.   

Well actually while ceremonial kilts were popularised in the 16th century they had been a traditional highland clothing for years, thats one of the reasons why both the irish and the welsh both have kilts. The ones we see today are more famous for being used in the 19th century. And while they probably wern't used during the 1200's as military out fits it wouldn't hurt to put them in. If we don't we'll end up with very bland looking scottish militia. And if we do have kilts coolness increases ten fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom