Britain 1066

Users who are viewing this thread

-Peter-

Master Knight
Old Guard
After watching that Channel 4 show about 1066 I decided I'd use some of the Saxon and Viking stuff I made a while ago and started working on a mod. It's much better for me as Britain 1297 is riddled with bugs which were a right pain in the arse to fix as the majority of them were made early on, therefore the causes were harder to find. So, I started working on a 1066 mod and I'm much more motivated than I was trying to fix Britain 1297, plus after the experience of making Britain 1297, I'm able to fix bugs pretty easily as I go along.

So, here's what I have planned;

3 factions
Anglo-Saxons
Vikings
Normans

Features

New map - done. (Same as Britain 1297, but improved and not buggy.)
New equipment - In progress.
New dialogue - Not done.
Troop trees - In progress.
New scenes - Not done.

More will be added though. I plan on making use of various scripts made public such as the hunting feature. If anyone has any suggestions then let me know.

Here's a couple of screenshots of the progress so far. It's still early days though.

mb12.jpg

mb1-2.jpg

mb25-1.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb34.jpg

sax1-1.jpg

(ignore the banners, they're being re-done.)

If anyone has any reference pictures for the 3 factions or has a good knowledge of their equipment etc and wants to help then please let me know.

Credits so far;

Maw - OSP horses and shields.
James - OSP axes.
Dindi & co. - OSP helmets.

Fantastic. I've always liked your modding style; crisp, clean, professional.

Good luck!

Excellent work Peter. Looking forward to the release already. I see the time period concept worked better for you.

Good luck!

I too watched the same tv programme.

It would be great if you could pull this off!

Could you include a Welsh fraction?

jaegerdude said:
I too watched the same tv programme.

It would be great if you could pull this off!

Could you include a Welsh fraction?

Yep, definitely. I'll do some research on them soon.

The old Hauberk texture was knee-length with full sleeves, and went well with the Mail Coif. Is it possible to enable it again using the dds? Also, why the Roman armour in the 3rd screen?

Bloid said:
The old Hauberk texture was knee-length with full sleeves, and went well with the Mail Coif. Is it possible to enable it again using the dds? Also, why the Roman armour in the 3rd screen?

Lol, ignore the Roman armour, it won't be in.

Please add "Battle Of Hastings" Custom battle please!

No Britania mode would be that without the Welsh, Irish, and Scots.

Didn't the new king of Scotland Make 5 Pushes into Norman Controled England from 1066-1080, or something like that?

Jsay18 said:
Please add "Battle Of Hastings" Custom battle please!

No Britania mode would be that without the Welsh, Irish, and Scots.

Didn't the new king of Scotland Make 5 Pushes into Norman Controled England from 1066-1080, or something like that?

It will be. That was one thing I planned to do originally, include the 3 major battles of 1066 as quick battles with new scenes etc to try and recreate them to the best of my ability.

I'm probably only going to have 5 factions, Normans, Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Scots and Welsh in the mod, but I might add more after I've finished the 5 to start with.

I'm hoping to start making faster progress in about a week and a half when the last deadlines for my college work are past, hopefully I'll have something to release a month or so after that depending on how much time I spend working on it.

jaegerdude said:
Any news? :smile:

Not much to show. Mostly scripting dialogues, troops, etc, that's about it. However I'm still waiting on my new mouse and keyboard to arrive which should be soon so I can start working without getting incredibly frustrated (I spilled Pepsi all over my current ones).

I'm considering changing my plans a bit though as when my new mouse comes I'll probably end up spending most of my time working on new equipment and such so I might just wait and see how modable Warband is and prepare for it, assuming it is modable. I've still got a load of equipment I made for the second release of Britain 1297 which I haven't done anything with so it might be worthwhile me waiting and seeing what it'll be like. I'll still be working on both like as I have already put quite a bit of time into the projects, but I'm thinking 1066 - Singleplayer 1297 - Multiplayer as the scripting in 1297 is a complete mess.

Hi Peter, 1066 is a good idea. I watched the same Channel 4 Series 2 days ago.
For everybody who is interrested:

Part 1:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/1066/4od#2928920

Part 2:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/1066/4od#2928919

I guess you need to live in the UK to be able to watch this one, it is excellent.

Anyway, whats the status on the mod? If i have time i might look into contributing something to it, my capability is extremely limited and i do not know if i will find the time. But i might be able to do some sort of research and maybe some skins.

Anyway. keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom