#BringBackDeathCount - poll

Should TW bring back death count?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly, I couldn't care less about this. It's not that bad, bad players feel less stressed for not having a good K/D and they continue to play and improve over time, and besides, the amount of assholes that play this game that become pros in a niche game to bully others have less reason to do so lol. I geniunly don't see the importance of a death count.

You must have some really terrible anxiety to stress about that.
It's not literally stress, it's the kind of pressure that goes to the back of your mind. Often enforced by "pro" players writing in mayús in the team chat lmao. You know phycology analysis in videogames has a lot of this things in mind, for example the retribution of winning produces a ****load of dopamine, the stress of losing and that people hold you accountable in a videogame works that way too. You don't need to have anxiety, because it's the kind of thing that actually produces anxiety to the players. Of course it's not that big of a deal, but removing it might hold some players longer than making them rage quit since they can't be hold accountable for not being good at a game (and they shouldn't, the purpose is to have fun unless it's for competition purposes) so I think a good method would be to have it but only for competitions between clans and stuff, I see nothing wrong with it. In fact I would like to read a good reason to keep it.

And if you never seen people being extremely awful in the game now that is weird, because damn these dudes throw more slurs than an 8 year old laughing at the word "fart".
And it's kinda weird because I haven't seen you playing on the game not a single time, do you use another username or play in EU?

Last edited:
It's not literally stress, it's the kind of pressure that goes to the back of your mind. Often enforced by "pro" players writing in mayús in the team chat lmao. You know phycology analysis in videogames has a lot of this things in mind, for example the retribution of winning produces a ****load of dopamine, the stress of losing and that people hold you accountable in a videogame works that way too. You don't need to have anxiety, because it's the kind of thing that actually produces anxiety to the players. Of course it's not that big of a deal, but removing it might hold some players longer than making them rage quit since they can't be hold accountable for not being good at a game (and they shouldn't, the purpose is to have fun unless it's for competition purposes) so I think a good method would be to have it but only for competitions between clans and stuff, I see nothing wrong with it. In fact I would like to read a good reason to keep it.

And if you never seen people being extremely awful in the game now that is weird, because damn these dudes throw more slurs than an 8 year old laughing at the word "fart".
And it's kinda weird because I haven't seen you playing on the game not a single time, do you use another username or play in EU?

If you are snowflake and can't handle the pressure, mb you should disable in game chat? But even better to just not play this game at all if it's so stressful.

"Pro" players are literally too busy playing skirmish to even care about new players in the casual side which is like 99% of the population.
And even the few that do, don't give a flying damn about deaths, i am unsure where you're getting this information from that somehow top players bully down new players. I have played plenty of warband to know no one cares about it unless you're the one starting to trash talk yourself, you either deserve it because you're acting cocky, or you just don't get anything. And this is coming from warband MP which is known for being toxic.

As for your question about a good reasoning to keep deaths, it's pretty straightforward answer. I want to see my stats and see how I am performing. It's debatable if you should show your teammates deaths but in the end Taleworlds is incompetent at doing anything in between, so it's either put it back or remove it completely. And in this case putting it back completely is the better option.

Yes, people are awful in the game chat, but this is completely unrelated to deaths. Unsure why you bring this up because deaths has literally changed nothing to the toxicity in the game.

As Argentum has said, just disable the chat if you don't want toxicity. I would even argue removing chat as a whole would be the best at removing the toxicity then removing deaths. But at that point, what way are we heading? You can prevent toxicity by adding slur filters, but starting to remove things to the game for the sake for toxicity is too much when a lot of players have a lot of use to it, no matter how small it is. It does more harm than good.

Yes i am an EU player, u know, the playerbase that is still alive because it only has one region for servers.

You are thinking way too into this, unless this kind of thing happens on Skirmish? I don't play that mode.

I'm relatively bad at the game, but love playing Siege. I have not met anyone that slagged off my K/D ratio - in fact its usually the opposite. I normally have a laugh with people especially during the warmup period regardless of how crap we are.

Its really disappointing though at the end of the round, when the menu is too quick before I can get a good glance of how I did and the lack of a death counter - and its relatively normal to have a high death count in these modes anyway especially if you play inf. Perhaps its more important in the more competitive modes?

"Pro" players are literally too busy playing skirmish to even care about new players in the casual side which is like 99% of the population.
And even the few that do, don't give a flying damn about deaths, i am unsure where you're getting this information from that somehow top players bully down new players. I have played plenty of warband to know no one cares about it unless you're the one starting to trash talk yourself, you either deserve it because you're acting cocky, or you just don't get anything. And this is coming from warband MP which is known for being toxic.

As for your question about a good reasoning to keep deaths, it's pretty straightforward answer. I want to see my stats and see how I am performing. It's debatable if you should show your teammates deaths but in the end Taleworlds is incompetent at doing anything in between, so it's either put it back or remove it completely. And in this case putting it back completely is the better option.

Yes, people are awful in the game chat, but this is completely unrelated to deaths. Unsure why you bring this up because deaths has literally changed nothing to the toxicity in the game.

As Argentum has said, just disable the chat if you don't want toxicity. I would even argue removing chat as a whole would be the best at removing the toxicity then removing deaths. But at that point, what way are we heading? You can prevent toxicity by adding slur filters, but starting to remove things to the game for the sake for toxicity is too much when a lot of players have a lot of use to it, no matter how small it is. It does more harm than good.

Yes i am an EU player, u know, the playerbase that is still alive because it only has one region for servers.
Well I think it comes down to customization options. I insist that Bannnerlord could learn so much out of Mordhau, out of the character creation system that is god tier compared to what Bannerlord is trying to poorly imitate, you can deactivate the chat box in the menu and never be bothered by it again, in fact is a good tool to focus on the game than on the trash talkers (every medieval game has this type of people gee I wonder why???). Same thing should be done here, and the options to see K/D. I know what I'm talking about when I say this, I'm a +5 warband MP player too and the backlash for any reason you can find is always there, I remember creating my clan and instantly getting gatekeeped by annoying angry pros and trolls, nothing you can't overcome but it's a ****ty moment there's no reason to see. Now while it's true that toxicity will continue all the time, I think I understand the reason on why Taleworlds would turn off the death rate, it's somehow a negative feedback on bad players, but I understand why you and other players would like to have it. Therefore JUST MAKE IT CUSTOMIZABLE TALEWORLDS. Ez win gg see ya guys nothing else to add to this conversation

Well I think it comes down to customization options. I insist that Bannnerlord could learn so much out of Mordhau, out of the character creation system that is god tier compared to what Bannerlord is trying to poorly imitate, you can deactivate the chat box in the menu and never be bothered by it again, in fact is a good tool to focus on the game than on the trash talkers (every medieval game has this type of people gee I wonder why???). Same thing should be done here, and the options to see K/D. I know what I'm talking about when I say this, I'm a +5 warband MP player too and the backlash for any reason you can find is always there, I remember creating my clan and instantly getting gatekeeped by annoying angry pros and trolls, nothing you can't overcome but it's a ****ty moment there's no reason to see. Now while it's true that toxicity will continue all the time, I think I understand the reason on why Taleworlds would turn off the death rate, it's somehow a negative feedback on bad players, but I understand why you and other players would like to have it. Therefore JUST MAKE IT CUSTOMIZABLE TALEWORLDS. Ez win gg see ya guys nothing else to add to this conversation
Thats fair, rarely see people reaching the middle ground in these forums. Respect.

I don't think i am alone when i say even people who voted yes are fine to letting it be an option. But Taleworlds only knows how to act in absolutes, either everyone has it, or no one.

Thank you all for your feedback. We are adding deaths to the scoreboard and profile in a future update although I can't give an exact timeline on that just yet.

thank you. But what was the reason afterall?
Thank god, but as said above, what was the original reason for the removal?
It was done in an effort to improve the general atmosphere (reduce toxicity). Myself and I am sure you too would agree that creating a welcoming environment for new players is one of the aspects that leads to a healthy player base that fuels both casual and competitive modes. But we recognize that this statistic is important in many ways if you're competitive, wish to improve your skills, useful for comparison in tournaments,...

It was done in an effort to improve the general atmosphere (reduce toxicity). Myself and I am sure you too would agree that creating a welcoming environment for new players is one of the aspects that leads to a healthy player base that fuels both casual and competitive modes. But we recognize that this statistic is important in many ways if you're competitive, wish to improve your skills, useful for comparison in tournaments,...
I mean there is probably no point in debating this any further, but I don't think this change alone did anything to improve this. It's obvious that if someone was to be bullied for underperforming, the score itself still tells the whole story. This is the more important metric after all, K/D is largely irrelevant. With that, we only lost additional information. So it was kind of completely pointless.

Back
Top Bottom