#BringBackDeathCount - poll

Should TW bring back death count?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum polls are always biased because forum-users are different from the average MP player
Doesn't that mean that the average MP player just doesn't care if it's there or not? i.e. imo it doesn't change anything for them cause it won't change any mechanic of the game ? It's just visual for other that want to get some more detailed information

I don't particularly care one way or another. It affects me a bit negatively as I normally play Lt. Inf somewhat conservatively and will have a lot of troops left at the end of a Captain match (assuming we won).

The only reason I can possibly imagine that motivated them to remove the Death counter was to de-incentivize mediocre Solocav play in Captain mode. Having a 9 to 1 KDR is not as cute when you only have 20 kills at the end of 5 rounds of captain. If you can't see your death count, you now have to grapple with the fact that you are lowest score on your team.

Doesn't that mean that the average MP player just doesn't care if it's there or not? i.e. imo it doesn't change anything for them cause it won't change any mechanic of the game ? It's just visual for other that want to get some more detailed information
I'm guessing if asked, the average MP player would say that they prefer seeing deaths, but they don't care strongly.

Meanwhile every "dedicated" player would say that they prefer it and they care strongly.

Only a minority of (predominately) casuals would say they don't like seeing it.

I'm guessing if asked, the average MP player would say that they prefer seeing deaths, but they don't care strongly.

Meanwhile every "dedicated" player would say that they prefer it and they care strongly.

Only a minority of (predominately) casuals would say they don't like seeing it.
I really doubt how many casuals would prefer not to see deaths. The term Casual doesn't mean that those players don't want to improve. Getting a grip on kd ratio is one indicator of measuring improvement.

Even in TDM/Siege, the K/D ratio is useful to see how well you're doing. The "score" could generally give you an idea (assuming it works well), but many players often don't play a full round in those modes, so the "score" won't give you any good indication of how well you've done in the amount of time (or lives) you've played compared to others who've played the whole round, whereas a K/D ratio would.

It's not the worst of Bannerlord's problems, but it's still silly and pointless. It was enough just to rank players by the "score" on the scoreboard, while also displaying the K/D ratio. It's not like the "score" alone will manage to account for all of the ways a player can contribute towards a team win, either, even if they rework the scoring system. It really is worth it to provide more detailed statistics that the players can then judge from.

We actually need more stats, not less.

Besides, I would find it funny to have amount of death badges. Died 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 k times etc.

I practically never got upset about amount of deaths I had, even when I should have. It was alway lack of score/kills/assists that made me sad about my performance

I would appreciate more detailed stats in our bannerlord profile. Even more the overall in game ranking of all community (but I guess its only my wet dream).

I would appreciate more detailed stats in our bannerlord profile. Even more the overall in game ranking of all community (but I guess its only my wet dream).
Agreed. There's some fragile justification for removing them from in game (toxicity), but removing stats from the profile page is straight up weird.

Last edited:
@Dejan @Callum , you are the so called community managers. there has been no response at all from any taleworlds representative to any topic related to death counts.

Any info about TW's point of view would be appreciated instead of your deafening silence. I suggest you change your nickname from 'community managers' to 'community whatever', because obviously you have no idea what community management is about. It almost seems you have learned your trade from some dictatorial regime where any topic which doesnt suit the opressor is ignored into oblivion. Just WOW!

@Dejan @Callum , you are the so called community managers. there has been no response at all from any taleworlds representative to any topic related to death counts.

Any info about TW's point of view would be appreciated instead of your deafening silence. I suggest you change your nickname from 'community managers' to 'community whatever', because obviously you have no idea what community management is about. It almost seems you have learned your trade from some dictatorial regime where any topic which doesnt suit the opressor is ignored into oblivion. Just WOW!
I don't think they know what community managers mean

This is just hilarious. For who they are making this game ? Certainly not for their fanbase which is sad. Who is making this decisions and why they are so away from what majority wants...

Back
Top Bottom