Bring them to the town (Bot-Suggestions)

Users who are viewing this thread

You don't need to add any bots to any of the teams. The towsnmen will spawn without problems. Also, hosting a local server is a bit tricky.

Yea, you're right about the guards. I will see what I can do. ANd for the fights: Could be possible, yea. We will see.

For an event, a noble could visit the town for a minute or two, with assassins given the task to kill him for, say, 10 points. The guards don't want the assassins to get more points of course, so they'll be encouraged to guard the noble until he leaves town.

Since the noble would be rich, the assassins could get a lot of money for killing him? Or maybe a guard who wants to feed his family real bad?

Not that you can do a lot with money yet:*(

Wlel, but Assassin Hunt is a bit to fast for this I think. Also, the TDM mode will have some changes in next update. You will see then :wink:

Protecting an NPC would be extremely hard, since the guards would have to surround the noble they would be a big target and could even be sniped by the pistol since they're such a big target the pistol would probably hit one of the guards.

A few pistol shots at the noble and his guards would take care of any guards with shields protecting him, then a crossbow assassin could easily snipe the noble from there.

If the guards try to charge the assassins shooting them, they leave the noble unprotected. If they just try to stand between the noble and the assassins, they get killed and then the noble does too. If they dance around trying to avoid being shot, the assassins would just aim for the noble

So the guards just need to be a bit more pro. They can always have their own archers ready. Would be a fun gamemode though if you'd have like a really long woody alley and the guards have to get the noble past that alley alive. No respawns.

splofot said:
So the guards just need to be a bit more pro.

Thats the problem, I didn't say it was impossible for the guards to win but as you seem to be saying yourself, they could only win by being far, far better than their opponents. If they're equally skilled or even a little better, they would usually lose.

Hmm, maybe the maps could be uptight an squiggly, you can't even aswell someone more than 5m away? Perfect place for ambushio and teamworkio without too much snipio?

I suggest moving the AI Mesh paths a little further away from the buildings, because a lot of maps have AI spawn outside, and you can never find that one drunk that is killing so many townspeople.

If the map makers could expand beyond the city and add taverns for guards to rest and have a beer and huts outside small village somewhere, where you could buy horses to travel outside city, it would be awesome

EDIT: Also, in the Steal The Documents, I think it would be awesome to see if guards could close and open the city gates. That would force assassins to take a secret route in and out of the city :grin:. Or maybe make it an event, in which guards now know that bla bla bla xD

This is something for the mapper, not for me :razz: And it is the wrong topic. This is only for Bots you want to have in the towns. Nothing more :wink: There are other topics where you can post these suggestions, please.

Patta said:
This is something for the mapper, not for me :razz: And it is the wrong topic. This is only for Bots you want to have in the towns. Nothing more :wink: There are other topics where you can post these suggestions, please.

Whoops, guess i just lost myself, sorry  :oops:

Can some bot-animations be added?
For example you see smiths hitting the metal constantly or I don't know... Some bots with fishing nets standing still in the docks ahaha  :mrgreen:

Whoa, that's like impossible. Think of all the you have seen in Warband and her mods... M&M did a great job and managed to get musicians a hand animation and that's all. It's impossibru from what I know.

Well, if you would like do that the bots would hit the selected area they should hit,example - Smith - Could like hit a piece of metal witch would make a metal noise when hitted (you know, bing  :mrgreen:). Just like in PWmod  :grin:

1) Bots panicking when someone gets murdered, which leads to them running around in all directions aggressively, and making it more chaotic.

2) Bots randomly starting fist-fights (and maybe that would lead to the 1st suggestion, I didn't think much about it). If that leads to suggestion 1, then I believe that assassins can make advantage of this somehow. I also believe there should be a way for guards to calm them down, so that they can watch for the assassins efficiently, and maybe earn a point or something.
I think the bots-fighting thing could also be an event, if it can't just be added "randomly".

Back
Top Bottom