Bring them to the town (Bot-Suggestions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
To make the towns more like a place with life and not just bots wandering around, what types of NPCs would you like to see in town? That could be through an event or from the beginning, like the merchants and smiths.

It would be cool if the guard bots could attack any assasins with a weapon out to make the game a tad harder

Is it possible to either stop making bots run backwards, or tweak them so they 'walk' backwards? Right now if you try to mimick a bot walking backwards, they 'run' backwards while your walking, making you stand out and leading to your death...

Gotha said:
Perhaps you can  add some animations..?
Told you about that in the past...

Shoep said:
Is it possible to either stop making bots run backwards, or tweak them so they 'walk' backwards? Right now if you try to mimick a bot walking backwards, they 'run' backwards while your walking, making you stand out and leading to your death...

Not really, no. Only possible way would lead to the assassins seeing the names of the bots and banners above their heads...

Asadron said:
I agree with Shoep. Also add female bots. Currently all bots are male.

There will be no female bots and no black bots too, This is simply because you could then for example say that half of the people running around are really bots because no one of the players is female. Also, it would require more armors, so there would be armors standing around everywhere on the map and some idiot would probably take a female armor even if he is male...

Tell you the truth. One of the few tricks to knowing who is who in the game is by looking at peoples faces. If a face does not imitate a bot's white, young face. I can easily indentify a character and reward him with a stab to the back with my trusty dagger.

Don't forget to put in old people faces and angry people faces too.  :grin:

Duke Daniel Milutin said:
Slytacular said:
He didn't give a reason for not having black and asian people?  :neutral:

I can understand about the women part, but not of the skin color?
Medieval towns weren't really much multicultural  :lol:
Duh? That suggestion is for gameplay purposes.

Some ideas for bots- Stable Master and Hands, Bartenders, Butchers, maybe a Surgeon insted of food to allow you to replenish your health? Maybe some optional townguard archers to place on the rooftops in some maps.

Slytacular said:
Duke Daniel Milutin said:
Slytacular said:
He didn't give a reason for not having black and asian people?  :neutral:

I can understand about the women part, but not of the skin color?
Medieval towns weren't really much multicultural  :lol:
Duh? That suggestion is for gameplay purposes.
Yes, and that is why I will make it.

Some ideas for bots- Stable Master and Hands, Bartenders, Butchers, maybe a Surgeon insted of food to allow you to replenish your health? Maybe some optional townguard archers to place on the rooftops in some maps.
The problem is making the stable master look different from the other bots that are running around. The Surgeon will be implemented when we include this mode in our other Mod "Race Wars Bloodshed" (See my signature for more information) With his help you will be able to get arrows out of your body and things like that.

I was thinking of asking to put in Livestock.. But thats unessential. Noblemen on horses could roam the streets.. Or the occasional knight that wanders by buildings. Maybe some religious fanatics could beat nonbelievers into submission for an event? Or see the average priest by and by?

Slytacular said:
I was thinking of asking to put in Livestock.. But thats unessential. Noblemen on horses could roam the streets.. Or the occasional knight that wanders by buildings. Maybe some religious fanatics could beat nonbelievers into submission for an event? Or see the average priest by and by?

this,

More random events, hell maybe the city can be invaded and like a BUNCH, not one or two but a lot of invaders start killing everything

When you make your own local server and add bots to one of the team, you end up having naked guys punching townsfolk in the face. Maybe you can have townsfolks randomly starting fights every once in a while (coding shouldn't be hard if it already works)? That happened you know, people on the streets getting into a fight, possibly killing a couple citizens. Some of them could draw their knives (most men had knives in that era, free men always carried swords. It'd be a perfect chance for an assassination. Maybe even the smith would join in and smash folks with his hammer:smile:
Plus Iwas hoping that the Ai guards are gonna do something next patch. It kinda feels stupid that they just sit there as watch the slaughter.

Back
Top Bottom