Bring on the hardcore!

Should the game offer a hard mode? Would you be interested in it?

• Yes it should offer, but i wouldn't be interested

• No it shouldn't offer, and i wouldn't be interested

• Yes it should offer, and i would be interested

• This should only happen once all the other issues are ironed out

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel like this game is far easier than warband was. I hope that's not an unpopular thing to say and don't get me wrong, I love the game so far with around 63 hours played.
But I want a challenge worthy of the medieval ages...

I believe that a hardcore mode would be much appreciated by the community otherwise we will have to wait for mods to be developed which could take quite a while.
  1. Combat seems far to easy even on hardest difficulty.
  2. Troops that don't get paid, drop a few moral points. If i dont get paid by my boss, i'd rob the place (this is a joke as I'm my own boss, but my point stands).
  3. Food doesn't go off.
  4. Troops dont need rest. This one really grinds my gears... How are troops going to march for 4 days straight without stopping and then form a decent shield wall. IMO we should be able to set camps periodically to let troops rest. The time taken to create the camp should dictate how well defended it will be in case of attack. Are you in your own territory surrounded by allies? Then set up camp in 1 hour and rest. OR are you behind enemy lines and raiding? Then you better dig some ramparts and place some cav spikes to defend yourselves whilst you sleep.
  5. The grand strategy of battles should definately be better developed. I honestly can't see the point in some formations since they seem to have no benifits at all. What about a sort of Rock, Paper, Scissors aproach to formations. Is the enemy forming a shield wall on the hill? Form up your heavies in viking BoarSnout formation to break through.
  6. Couched damage against all troops and pike damage against horse should be 1 shots if timed properly. There's no way I should be able to charge a formation of spear men with half the number in horse and get away with very few losses. Charging lanced troops should kill outright if timed correctly. But to the same degree, if i am looking at a horse charging at me and I'm ready, time correctly and hit the horse with a pike or spear, that horse rider should be on the ground in seconds. A pike wall, wedged into the ground was suicide to cav. End of.
There are other things as well that I've noticed but at this moment in time i can't remember them. All I'm saying is perhaps the Devs could consider a HardCore mode for those of us that want to earn the title Emperor.

What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom