In Progress Bring forth the community

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,
Since I've got some spare time I would like to interract in some way with soon to become the greatest community and here are my thoughts.

- I wouldn't mind a comeback of auto aim and block as it was in warband (but can live without it).
- The bandits are way too overpowered IMO. Stupid stack of 15 bandits can kill some of your higher quality troops, which are really hard to comeby with ratio of their dying rate. And don't make me mention some of the hideouts where you have to kill over 50 troops with no reinforcements as it used to be.
- It would be whole lotta different if the hideouts spawned with the bandit leader from whom you could take quests from, depending on relationship, recruit troops, prepare smuggling operation or hunt for a bounty.
- I hate how grindy the mastery of skill is and the difficulty of some to master, even with maxed out focus on them. I believe the best option would be to just double all the incoming points by two (including the max amount of focus points in each category) and speed up learning till "learning limit".
-/-More perks would also be cool, but that's where I am counting on modders :wink:
- The money is too easy to earn and cannot be spend on.
- I would love to see the workshops tweaked as I have no idea what the income is based on (and if NPC could tell me expected income that would be great).
-/-The option to choose the produced items to be kept would be nice as well.
- Caravans, O BOI, just lemme choose its path manually so I put some thought into it.
- The fact that I have to waste party companion slot on a caravan is making me mad.
- "Create new party"?- more like my companion takes a paid ****ing trip to the other end of the world, lemme command him from the same menu, like for example: train troops, assist "someone" (to improve relations or help me and such), kill bandits to increase security of your land, assist plebs to increase prosperity, food and building speed, train militia, garrison, train militia.
- Remember skill issue I mentioned earlier? You can forget about party member that grew up to decent level with you throughout the game (in my current session not even one character grew even one level, I am 350 days into the game mostly checking around but still that's unacceptable).
- For the love of our mighty developers, let me interract with my companions, they feel so vague. Let them also interract with each other so I don't keep all of them in one party.
- There's one new thing that I truly would love to see tweaked- clan roles, depending on the level and mastery in required trait you would have different benefits. For example Position Scout so you see tracks, see further, move faster, forage food from around. Your second in command that would add attributes from tactics. Surgeon that would prevent deaths, heal faster. Army champion that would increase his fighting capabilities, increase morale on field and decrease when put down like the degenerate he is. Ah The Negotiator so you wouldn't have to personally level up this uselles attribute. Sergeant to teach troops when travelling and recruiting from start better ones. And few more which Iam not gonna elaborate (I am not talking about party skills/perks but position giving some effects- it could be limited so the player would have to choose which positions to fill).
- Up the limit of companions, that would resolve quite a few problems listed in here. And for the love of god don't make them all fighters Iam the one that wanna fight they are there to fill the gaps.
-/- Governors... Got one and he brings one positive effect, doesn't recruit new troops except for militia which grows automatically, he isn't doing anything but wasting companion slot. TBH you could've focused on something else if you butchered something this hard :/
- I wish to see comeback of camp. And that it would let you train troops, read books (yes I also want them back), increase party morale, gather food, spar with your troops, convince prisoners to join you, and maybe some other things I can't think of.
- The smaller fiefs are so noninteractive, please bring back lords controlling them and manual upgrades (so I can spend some money). And it would be fun to see visually on map when you build a mill, provide houses, barn. Add a population when you're at it, and slaves if you can. Looting is uselles otherwise since as I said you anyway have a lot of money.
- I so wish I could smith new armor (and overally make) my chest piece, gauntlets, helm, cloak, boots, bow, arrow.
-/- I know it may be impossible because of weapon physics but I would also love to personalize a little my custom Items- colour it, bend it a little, add a little hook at the end of the sword, or just use different look with other, for example, pommel achieving the same stats as some other pommel (imagine legendary fork and becoming Poseidon) and of course NAMING IT.
-/- One thing I can't stand in this game is how fast characters age, I understand that Babies have to grow up for an interactive gameplay. I dunno make Calradia fantasy based and at the start state that they're long lived.
-/- I am not sure since I've got only one save but as soon as I joined any faction this one ended up at war with almost everyone and I had no say in declaring wars, making peace. In addition to that I noticed how ineffective AI is in defending its belongings I had enemy army sieging Tyal for 27+ days and faction leader was sitting in his city doing literally nothing (whereas I have to admit AI cooperates way more with the player than in warband and doesn't require you to have 100 relation with other lord to make a move).

This is the end of my truly long post, I know Iam not addresing all things such as other positive aspects, dev blogs which kaldeqca made a list for and also posted, often crushes, and other featured settings but let's be honest devs aimed too high in amount of time they've given to themselves.

Thank you if you've read all of that and I appreciate all opinions and disagreements, which I would love to read (yes both of them). And Iam thankful to people that made this game it has huge potential. Peace :smile:

Agree with a lot of what's being said here - leveling definitely takes too long, and it's boring as **** to hire a companion who's already level 18 with 150 points in every combat skill who then proceeds to NEVER level up. I'd rather have all companions be level 1 with no skill points so at least I could feel like I was having some influence on their growth. I'm still only level 9, and the lowest level companion I've found is level 10. She's got 60 points in Medicine. I don't have 60 points in any skill other than One Handed.

Clan Roles agreed, seems unclear what benefits I get from assigning them other than skill growth in my companions.

Basically I just wish the companions felt a bit more special to me and a bit less "ah this one has great scouting, now I don't need to worry about ever training scouting".

Back
Top Bottom