SP - General Bring back Late Medieval Age gear to Bannerlord!

Users who are viewing this thread

I honestly think that Vlandia faction needs more heavy armor like: shoulder plate armor/ crusader helmets / not exactly full plate gear but something like heavy mail lamellar armor in european style... they need some good looking shoulder heavy armor to match the coat of plates armor

Can add other campaigns at a later time? If now 900-1100, then maybe 1100-1300 will be added? And then 1300-1500? In this case, it will be possible to please everyone. I myself like the 15th century. It is strange to read people who write about discharged knights in the 15th century. The 15th century is the pinnacle of military affairs of the Middle Ages, its diversity in military affairs. Is the Swiss infantry also discharged? This is ridiculous. Incidentally, in terms of reconstruction and popularity, the 15th century is the most popular.
And other campaigns may well appear. The game has good sales, the studio may well expand or even attract a major publisher, as was the case with KCD. They may even expand the staff of developers so that development and support is faster

Can add other campaigns at a later time? If now 900-1100, then maybe 1100-1300 will be added? And then 1300-1500? In this case, it will be possible to please everyone. I myself like the 15th century. It is strange to read people who write about discharged knights in the 15th century. The 15th century is the pinnacle of military affairs of the Middle Ages, its diversity in military affairs. Is the Swiss infantry also discharged? This is ridiculous. Incidentally, in terms of reconstruction and popularity, the 15th century is the most popular.
And other campaigns may well appear. The game has good sales, the studio may well expand or even attract a major publisher, as was the case with KCD. They may even expand the staff of developers so that development and support is faster

I doubt we'll be getting entirely new campaigns. I'd also personally prefer that they focus their energy on making the one campaign we have the best it can possibly be than divide their attention between multiple campaigns.

Don't worry though, you'll absolutely get a total conversion mod for a 15th century world either through the Game of Thrones mod or Pendor or some other fantasy setting.

I doubt we'll be getting entirely new campaigns. I'd also personally prefer that they focus their energy on making the one campaign we have the best it can possibly be than divide their attention between multiple campaigns.

Don't worry though, you'll absolutely get a total conversion mod for a 15th century world either through the Game of Thrones mod or Pendor or some other fantasy setting.
The release status is promised this year, during which time they will certainly improve the main company, and introduce a lot of new things. And then what? Either add-ons or a new game. Because as an option, such additions would be welcome. And if there is a new game, then maybe the time frame will move even further Warband

And the mods is certainly not bad, but I usually prefer official add-ons or games to them. And only then can this addition or game be polished to the players if something seems to them not the best or not perfect

In addition, modders are not very willing to take up the creation of models of armor of the 14-15th century, since it is very difficult, and no one will do it for free. Take the same Skyrim, how many years the game has existed, but I still did not see a normal mode for armor that would be made from scratch. There are only ports and adaptation from different games, or low-quality models.
Sometimes, because of this, I want to learn 3D modeling, and do everything myself, realizing that nobody needs anything except me. How many projects were, and how many of them never left the WIP. Also, most modders did projects only because of their portfolio. Because I don’t really trust mods

Yeah, feels like an equipment downgrade in comparison to Warband.

+ plate armor (gothic armor, italian armor, maximilian armor, etc. all the good **** :wink:
+ plate shoulders (different types, like for cavallery or foot knights)
+ more meele weapons in general (huge zweihänders, poleaxes, more elite versions of every kind of weapon)
+ where are the crossbows?

6d2ba5f9535d17d0b6c879e27a9077f2.jpg
That cock piece tho

Invest time into smithing, You can make 2h/1h swords that are even better then warbands bastard swords or proper 120+ length 2 handed with late medieval look. Vladian culture armour also has the closes resemblance to medieval armor due to them basically being the swadians. just No plate Armour from he looks of it but plate was more a rhodok thing.

Perhaps the newer and later medieval equipment it placed behind a time wall, where once so many years have past equipment is unlocked. Depending on the difficulty a game could last for hundreds of hours, therefore it could take 100 years to complete it and I'm sure some new equipment could be invented in that time. It also would make playing as your heirs more meaningful as you may have lost your main character but the heir may be able to unlock better equipment.

On top of that, more things involving downtime, such as troop training, buying, selling and forging weapons take time. With a greater difficulty in expansion the game could easily last up to 200 years if you played long enough and had to wait sometimes for other things. In my last playthrough I wanted to take out the western Empire but since I was only a vassal of the Southern empire I couldn't declare war and had to wait almost 2 years until Rhagea decided to declare war on them again.

I am of the exact opposite opinion, I dig the early medieval/dark ages aesthetic. Hell, I think Vlandians don't look authentically Norman enough, they look too 12th century if anything.

And I don't know what you expect the poor Battanians to even do if they have to contend with plate armoured Vlandians. Long bows can't pierce plate armour.

I do prefer late medieval myself, but part of OP's feeling is definitely caused by the small armor variety in the game. I hope we will see a lot more armors in the future.

I love late medieval plate armor and weapons you can guarentee it will be modded by someone.
Although they could maybe have it trickle in as the years go by if you do a playthrough long enough.
You could also argue the fact that there is already stuff in the game that does not fit the era.
And this is not a historical simulator so is there any real harm in adding it.

Such pointless thread but logical outcome when too many know so little of history and are stuck just to few overused info they have from movies and games. Though I agree that trebuchets and few other late stuff should be replaced by predecessors. Ppl from that era had seems much more knowledge than those of today so why not show them:smile: (Byzantines and Arabs were famous for great knowledge not needing I-Pads, etc relying on their memmory.) At least there are still some ppl who seems are interested in history and are not content with such lazy consumerism at worst approach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom