Breaking out prisoners

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Hello,

I was wondering whether I could help someone escape from prison in order to improve relations with the prisoner, his/her clan or the faction at large.
I was looking at the encyclopedia for some of the noblemen/noblewomen taken prisoner and went into one of the dungeons where I thought the prisoner might be, but there was no one. The few guards there had some generic responses, but nothing special to say.

How do you break out prisoners to improve your influence?

Thank you,
APC

Hello,

I was wondering whether I could help someone escape from prison in order to improve relations with the prisoner, his/her clan or the faction at large.
I was looking at the encyclopedia for some of the noblemen/noblewomen taken prisoner and went into one of the dungeons where I thought the prisoner might be, but there was no one. The few guards there had some generic responses, but nothing special to say.

Thank you,
APC
Click on any character thumbnail in town prison menu.
Then pay the bribe and the prison break encounter will start.
You can see who is imprisoned in the Kingdom tab as well (in case you are part of any faction).

Hello,

Thank you,
APC
You can help break out any prisoner you are not at war with. the roguery and relation is amazing and it is something I do right away to get clans to pay me to get married

Save first though, if the prisoner gets attacked it seems to have a very high chance of dying, probably a bug treating them like a troops and not a hero or something. A good thing to do is just stay far away so if you get KO's the mission ends before the guard gets to the prisoner and they won't die. You will still get skill points if you fail, but not as much.

Thanks for all the tips...I have a few more questions, especially since this could be some extra stuff I can do and earn skills/influence.
Now, keep in mind I'm completely independent and not a Merc or Vassal.

1- How do you know there is a prisoner in a prison? Do clan leaders put their prisoners in dungeons after battle?
2- Do you just sneak into the dungeon then bludgeon the guards? or is it more like a dialogue?
3- Once you break them out of the Dungeon, do you fight your way through the streets till the main gate???

As you can tell, this is completely new to me, so if anyone cares describing how he/she would do it, I would greatly appreciate it!

PS: The dungeons, keeps, Lord's halls, taverns are all pretty cool settings. They put a lot of work in that stuff, I wish there was more content happening there.

I just broke out "my future love - wife hopefully" and Sturgian King, with dramatic rise in relations. Now all I need to do is rise in the ranks from merchant to noble.

But I do believe Break outs should be more difficult, as a no-enemy trader, I was able to enter a castle just by asking then allowed to break out the target ... FAR TOO EASY ! (save game then retry multiple times) I should need to break IN first ! Hidden in a cart, I must slip out at the correct time then sneak into the prison.

Ok, that means more programming - meshes and animations etc. Maybe an easier way to do this using current content ?

How do you know there is a prisoner in a prison? Do clan leaders put their prisoners in dungeons after battle?
I mostly just just look in the keep, dungeon as I happen to be in a town. Check in border towns between warring factions.
Do you just sneak into the dungeon then bludgeon the guards? or is it more like a dialogue?
well
Click on any character thumbnail in town prison menu.
Then pay the bribe and the prison break encounter will start.
You can see who is imprisoned in the Kingdom tab as well (in case you are part of any faction).
^This, it's just a menu you don't actually sneak in or talk to the guard to star it.
I ONLY do them in neutral fiefs, if you do them in a enemy fief you will have to sneak in and it's a %chance based on your renown (higher = harder) and a certain roguery perk. If you get defeated in an enemy fief you get taken prisoners for real, but in a neutral fief they just kick you out.
Once you break them out of the Dungeon, do you fight your way through the streets till the main gate???
You start in the prison with the lord, press F on them to make them stay or fallow you, you need to get to the door but AFAIK you need to defeat the guards, I haven't ever snuck past to the door, you go up and try to agro and defeat the guards one at a time. You are in you civilian gear, when you get to the door and click it you win and you go back to the map and get a lot of roguery exp. If you lose you get a okay amount of roguery exp but
Save first though, if the prisoner gets attacked it seems to have a very high chance of dying, probably a bug treating them like a troops and not a hero or something. A good thing to do is just stay far away so if you get KO's the mission ends before the guard gets to the prisoner and they won't die. You will still get skill points if you fail, but not as much.
^Don't let them fight the prisoner they usually die.
If you join Vlandia or an empire as you first faction you get a two handed sword that is a Civ gear.

So, I broke out the Aserai King's wife from prison. It earned me like 25 like points! 2 attempts.
The 1st one, she got killed. Plus, because of the confined places I could not wield my sword! I kept hitting the walls and I got killed.
The 2nd attempt, I chose a shorter sword (about 71 cm or something), it was a little bit better, but still difficult! I reached the door and voila...no street fighting though. I wish you could fight in the streets too...like a couple extra men coming at you or something.
Overall it was a fun experience and it helped me earn brownie points with the ruling family.

I just broke out "my future love - wife hopefully" and Sturgian King, with dramatic rise in relations. Now all I need to do is rise in the ranks from merchant to noble.

How do you rise from Merchant to Noble?

So, I broke out the Aserai King's wife from prison. It earned me like 25 like points! 2 attempts.
The 1st one, she got killed. Plus, because of the confined places I could not wield my sword! I kept hitting the walls and I got killed.
The 2nd attempt, I chose a shorter sword (about 71 cm or something), it was a little bit better, but still difficult! I reached the door and voila...no street fighting though. I wish you could fight in the streets too...like a couple extra men coming at you or something.
Overall it was a fun experience and it helped me earn brownie points with the ruling family.

How do you rise from Merchant to Noble?

Create a Kingdom and raise renown ?? Just guessing ..

I think the key word is - "SNEAK" .. A player must sneak everywhere - sneak past guards - use silent ninja weapons, like throwing knives to kill guards etc etc etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom