Breaking News: TaleWorlds New H.Q. Building Revealed After Huge Bannerlord Success

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
playstation-5-meme.jpg

Offft I'm not sure about this now. After that reply from TW to that guy's tweet about modding not being available to console players, Reddit, Steam and other platforms have blown up in rage.

Never expected mods to be available to concole but to ANNOUNCE that they won't be this close to release via a tweeted reply. Well....that's just some dumb or calculated BS that I'm sure the concole community will repay in favour by not paying for half a game.

Offft I'm not sure about this now. After that reply from TW to that guy's tweet about modding not being available to console players, Reddit, Steam and other platforms have blown up in rage.

Never expected mods to be available to concole but to ANNOUNCE that they won't be this close to release via a tweeted reply. Well....that's just some dumb or calculated BS that I'm sure the concole community will repay in favour by not paying for half a game.
I keep saying that Taleworlds are their own worst enemy but this is a new high low for them. Yeah about those console sales numbers... 🤷‍♂️

Out of curiosity I went there to see what was the fuss or the general feeling around Reddit.
Boy oh boy ... It takes a giant amount of skill to destroy what was seen as a much happier consensus among players there, I even saw a massively upvoted thread screenshotting someone from this very forum against TW's promises.

Out of curiosity I went there to see what was the fuss or the general feeling around Reddit.
Boy oh boy ... It takes a giant amount of skill to destroy what was seen as a much happier consensus among players there, I even saw a massively upvoted thread screenshotting someone from this very forum against TW's promises.
that's what happens when you chose to play on a system that make s you pay to use your own internet. console players seethe + cope + ratio + lose subscribers + bad system + pc master race

I keep saying that Taleworlds are their own worst enemy but this is a new high low for them. Yeah about those console sales numbers... 🤷‍♂️
the only nemesis move there was not adding mod support for consoles - lying about it would make it worse.
At least they were honest, kudos for that.

How does modding on consoles work, actually?
Would the mods need to be published by TW on the console stores and they pay a fee for every update same as when they want to push a patch? And then it's used in a similar way as steam workshop mods?

I'm only a little aware of mods in Skyrim. Beyond that all I found with a quick search was people using save editors.

How does modding on consoles work, actually?
Would the mods need to be published by TW on the console stores and they pay a fee for every update same as when they want to push a patch? And then it's used in a similar way as steam workshop mods?

I'm only a little aware of mods in Skyrim. Beyond that all I found with a quick search was people using save editors.
look up how Bethesda does it - probably something similar

I was on the same boat, saying that it would be very surprising not to see any mod manager for consoles, little I knew the game was going to be shipped on last gen consoles ( that is PS4 / One ).
Here it's much more difficult to mod it, not impossible per se, you can find a lot of mods on Xbox One especially on BGS games, Sony specifically stated they don't like mods, so you basically get fewer mods, much fewer for a very popular game such as Skyrim.
However given the newer consoles ( Series / PS5 ) are basically a 2021-2022 PC, it was on the realm of the possible to see mods from PC there.

After lurking for years on this forum, I've created an account just to express my feelings about not allowing modding on consoles.
I'm no expert, I dont know if it could be implemented in first place, but the absence of an explanation from TW about this critical issue, is just mind blowing. Mods are the oxygen breather of this game, dont treat it like some ordinary feature.

I'm not talking about telling people about no modding. I'm talking about not having any kind of modding on consoles.
ah, messed up context, I interpreted wrong because some ppl were specifically referring towards the twitter statement, not towards the lack of support for modding, sorry for that

Back
Top Bottom