Brazil criminal activities. Getting it off my chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Stefano

Squire
Organized crime in my country is getting way out of control.
Some punk ass m****r f****r just called my number and said they had kidnapped "him" (?). Although they didn't mention who "he" was or "his" name they kept screaming at my mother and they had someone whipping by the phone saying "-I'm going to die... no...". She assumed it was my father... As everything happens so fast, we really considered it could be true.

Sadly, it's a common "prank" around this parts, and the callers are usually inmates, calling from inside prison (which is quite absurd, in my opinion) or criminal factions members, trying to get extra money to fund criminal activities. Since my father is out of town (that's why my mom assumed it was him), they've just got lucky and me and my mother almost had a heart attack. I'm shaking at this very moment. Son of a gun.

They asked for money (something around 9.5K) and kept telling my mom not to hang up or call the police.
I did call the police, since apparently they didn't know who they had kidnapped ( :lol: ) (and was informed that it was really a "prank") just to check. From another line and called my father, that was just fine, having dinner.
At this very moment, they were asking for our address, but luckily we had all the information we needed to figure out it was a "prank" and my mother hung up. Phew.  :neutral:

Thats terrible. Amazing stuff.  I think I have read somewhere that kidnapping is pretty common in south america.

that **** happens sometimes here too.. we call it express kidnapping, they make you think someone of your family is kidnapped and ask for a ransom, a few hours later you find out that person was ok and they just fooled and robbed you
that's why everyone should carry a mobile and be called just to make sure :wink:

I think we should make a mod about this.  :lol:
AW,
Yes, it's pretty amazing... sounds like some distant fantasy, when I think about it.

guspav,
Really? It happens in Mexico too? Must be part of "Mercosul" economy plan thing, then.

Ingolifs said:
In north america, you gett telemarketers calling you all the time, in south america, you get kidnappers and extortionists calling you all the time.

Yeah, that sucks.

Makes me wonder what it's like in central america. "Hi, this is Stacey, I'm calling about a brand new washing liquid that removes stains up to 25% faster. If you buy now, we'll return your kidnapped brother for free."

Correction: In south america you get telemarketers and crooks calling you all the time. Just last week I've been ofered 4 credit cards. God damnit. :evil: What will I spend on credit cards if I have no money?  :smile:

Hi folks!

That reminds me of an incident that happened in my country several times and they actually made quite some money untill it was blown up in the news.

So this is how it works. Some sick b*st*rd calls you on the telephone (that he has from the yellow pages for example) and starts asking questions like 'Donn't you know me no more?'; 'How can you not recognise my voice?'; 'Come on, you know who i am!' until you mention a name ... and then you've made a mistake. He then says 'Yeah, that's me' and tells you a story that he has made a deal and has purchased for example some kind of equipment for say 10.000€ but he still has to pay the last 2.000€. As he was on the way (from a faraway place) to collect the equipment, the car broke down you see, and he is really desperate because he won't make it to the city YOU live in on time for the deal ... So he asks you if he could send the seller to you in an hour and if you could pay the last 2.000€ and take the stuff from the seller until he arrives, when you will get your money back and the love of your friend/cousin/whatever. If you are a moron enough to say 'ok', than the second sick b*st*rd comes within an our or so at your's place (the address he knows already from the yellow pages) with a package and relieves you from your extra 2.000€. Of course, the friend/cousine/distant relative etc. never calls again and the real one is quite surprised to hear from you when you call him ... You get the picture.

:grin:

Ingolifs said:
Makes me wonder what it's like in central america. "Hi, this is Stacey, I'm calling about a brand new washing liquid that removes stains up to 25% faster. If you buy now, we'll return your kidnapped brother for free."

:lol:

Sucks guys, just sucks, glad we just have the telemarketers.

Sir Prince said:
Ingolifs said:

:lol:

Sucks guys, just sucks, glad we just have the telemarketers.

:lol: :lol: :twisted:

that is just..... hilarious.

Organized crime in my country is getting way out of control.
Some punk ass m****r f****r just called my number and said they had kidnapped "him" (?). Although they didn't mention who "he" was or "his" name they kept screaming at my mother and they had someone whipping by the phone saying "-I'm going to die... no...". She assumed it was my father... As everything happens so fast, we really considered it could be true.

Sadly, it's a common "prank" around this parts, and the callers are usually inmates, calling from inside prison (which is quite absurd, in my opinion) or criminal factions members, trying to get extra money to fund criminal activities. Since my father is out of town (that's why my mom assumed it was him), they've just got lucky and me and my mother almost had a heart attack. I'm shaking at this very moment. Son of a gun.

They asked for money (something around 9.5K) and kept telling my mom not to hang up or call the police.
I did call the police, since apparently they didn't know who they had kidnapped (  ) (and was informed that it was really a "prank") just to check. From another line and called my father, that was just fine, having dinner.
At this very moment, they were asking for our address, but luckily we had all the information we needed to figure out it was a "prank" and my mother hung up. Phew. 

Yeah, this sucks. Already happened with my girlfriend, but given the place where we live (not far from Belo Horizonte, but quite a crimeless place, compared to São Paulo and Rio) she soon knew it was a prank.

Archonsod said:
Shame you didn't find out earlier, then you could have really screwed with them.

You could have pretended to give in, arranged a cash drop off and capped the ****ers.

Yair Hunter said:
isn't there a record somewhere of which numbers called which when?...
I don't know if that's what you were asking, but we did get the number on a caller ID device we have installed on our phone.
We went to the police and "filed a report" (is that how you guys say it?) and included the number (it was a cell). Unfortunately they probably were using a stolen or cloned cellphone.
fsbritney said:
Archonsod said:
Shame you didn't find out earlier, then you could have really screwed with them.

You could have pretended to give in, arranged a cash drop off and capped the ****ers.
In my M&Bish fantasies I did. :wink: Although it would be plain stupid to actually do it.

Back
Top Bottom