Bows/Crossbows useless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Braxton

Sergeant
I was fighting as the Danes against Lithuanians and I got owned so bad. My archers and crossbowmen couldn't hit a thing but the Lithuanians hit all my soldiers with their throwing spears so I had not chance of even beating them in melee or range :sad: I remember when I shot a crossbow. Pretty accurate compared to the game here.

Braxton said:
I was fighting as the Danes against Lithuanians and I got owned so bad. My archers and crossbowmen couldn't hit a thing but the Lithuanians hit all my soldiers with their throwing spears so I had not chance of even beating them in melee or range :sad: I remember when I shot a crossbow. Pretty accurate compared to the game here.

What?
How the hell can the Lithuanians outrange your archers and crossbowmen with javelins?

The Lithuanians are overpowered in pre9 but it will be a lot better in the next release as only ( with few exceptions ) specialized skirmishers carry javelins and throwing spears.

Well they moved in to the middle and stood there. My crossbowmen and bowmen opened fire but just to shoot above and under.

Then they charged all my melee troops and pwnd them with their javalins and then also pwnd my ranged troops.

Braxton said:
Well they moved in to the middle and stood there. My crossbowmen and bowmen opened fire but just to shoot above and under.

Then they charged all my melee troops and pwnd them with their javalins and then also pwnd my ranged troops.
thats war buddy :mrgreen:

my bowmen are shooting most of the time to high to hit anything. so i place them at the bottom of the hill and let them fire the hill up, that works perfectly. only veteran bowman are extremely accurate.

i dont know about crossbows, but i 've been headshoted many times by archers far away. though i agree balt troops seem overpowered, having both thrown and melee skills.

A_Mustang said:
Do ranged troops get unlimited ammo? If so, my castle could use some balt throwers.

Ai runs out of ammo too, though a combination of thrown weapon units and archers are deadly for defending sieges, the throwers destroy the shields and the archers kill them. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom