Bought Viking DLC from Taleworlds, where is download? + Serial key converter

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
I bought the DCL trough Steam, will I get a download link?
I dont play on Steam so i would like to download the file and install on my standalone M&B Warband installation.

Thx!

I didn't get the email but I was able to activate the key on Steam, it's downloading right now. I have a Warband serial from Gamersgate and a Viking Conquest serial from the Taleworlds store (Avangate). In Steam I chose "Activate Product" using both of these serials and it worked. I hope this helps.

Time Golem said:
I didn't get the email but I was able to activate the key on Steam, it's downloading right now. I have a Warband serial from Gamersgate and a Viking Conquest serial from the Taleworlds store (Avangate). In Steam I chose "Activate Product" using both of these serials and it worked. I hope this helps.
I bought Warband from Amazon (download) and steam will not accept that serial key. Without a steam version of warband it will not let me activate VC on there. I just sent [email protected] an e-mail and will see if that gets any action.

Sir Mordred said:
I bought Warband from Amazon (download) and steam will not accept that serial key. Without a steam version of warband it will not let me activate VC on there. I just sent [email protected] an e-mail and will see if that gets any action.

For the record, it's 1am at TW HQ, so it might be a few hours before anyone's around to check the emails, but I'm sure someone will respond to such issues as soon as they are able.

Please don't spam/multi-post. AFAIK the emails were automated; if yours hasn't come through and isn't in your junk folder then there's unfortunately very little you can do until morning comes around and the TW bods re-check this thread or go through the support emails.

Yusuf_Persian said:
is there a way to people to just put the downloading link here ?
Bro, relax. I haven't gotten it either, but I trust TW. They'll get it to us eventually.

On a related note, I cannot register my Warband on Steam. I have a retail copy and Steam says it's invalid. Are there any fixes besides buying the game on Steam? I really don't want to buy the game again.

Okita said:
On a related note, I cannot register my Warband on Steam. I have a retail copy and Steam says it's invalid. Are there any fixes besides buying the game on Steam? I really don't want to buy the game again.

Try this serial converter from Taleworlds
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Account/ConvertSerial

Yusuf_Persian said:
is there a way to people to just put the downloading link here ?
I'm unsure we can post it as the link seems "unprotected", but you probably have to register the game after like for others products downloaded directly from TW shop.
I havent tried with the link in the email as i installed it on steam too in the meantime.

If it is ok to post it i'll update OP with it (and with the serial converter for those in need)

Well it looks like I am the unlucky one. My serial for Warband is old and I bought it from as a download from Virgin media online store, of all dates, April 1st 2010. (April fools day in the UK for those who do not know).

1) My Warband serial will not activate on Steam
2) My VC key is from Gamersgate, a steam key, and I am still awaiting a response from them, first response told me to contact Talesworld support, which I have, and waiting for a response.
3) The serial converter just blinks when I enter my valid fully official key, but no new key appears.
4) My key is registered with Taleworlds and I just hoped they might email members with duff  old keys, but that was just wishful thinking  :roll:

I am lost in the wilderness, even unable to complain with the others that the game is buggy  :sad:
I think a lesson here somewhere  :idea:

Back
Top Bottom