Boss, they'z got new weaponz! (New Features v2.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
OK, here comes a collection of things that will hopefully be included in next version.

Green: Will be implemented for sure
Red: Will be implemented if I can get it to work
Blue: Might be implemented, not sure yet

- Throwing Weapon Class for Guards
- New graphics for some weapons (Dagger and short sword will be replaced with cooler ones, also throwing daggers will now stick in the victims body with the blade and not witht he grip)
- More Maps for both modes, but mainly tdm
- Guards won't be able to disguise any longer (No Discussion on that, please! We made our decision!)
- Bugfixes, like archer guards beeing unable to pick up their bows again, but that will be fixed server side soon.
- No more Point losses for killing merchants/smith as Assassin, also option to quickly disguise as smith/merchant when killing them
- changes to "Steal the Document", see the thread.
- Guards will be able to make a sound like "Hey, you there, stop!" and similar sounds. But they won't be able to spam it every second, don't worry.

- Crouching (Either just like in MM or with moving while crouched, will see. But I think it will only be like in MM.
- Fog event (If I can get it to work again)
- New Game Mode: Assassin Team Deathmatch (One Team of Assassins against another team, on the normal FFA Maps)

- Arquebuse class for guards (Just an Idea atm, needs to be talked about, will most likely not come)

This thread is for discussion, but not for new suggestions! Please make them in the right topic. You can still discuss the news here, but if it becomes too much of a flamewar, I'll lock this topic. Also, all suggestions made here will be deleted without warning! (I warned you! :razz:)

Also this is not final and things might be added.

I say replace xbow's with the Arquebus. I mean, if you've got them using a flint lock pistol, why not just give them the arquebus. If you need a model, I have one already made from an old mod I was working on that turned out not needing it.

Send me a PM with a pic/the model if you can. And with replacing: We will see, I was thinking about making them different from the crossbow to keep both weapons ingame. But we will see.

New things will be added in first post in just a minute or so!

Phalanx300 said:
Maybe have the guards look different depending on the map. So Norse towns having Nord guards. Eastern towns having Sarranid guards. Etc.

Well, that is exactly what it is like at the moment. And as I said: No Suggestions here!

Just wanted to say that I'm all for the assassin tdm thing, so maybe it could get bumped up to the red.  :mrgreen:

I'm preparing a map with mod, which will allow you jump for over five meters (for ex. from one beam to second)! This mod will allow assasins climbing on the walls too. I'll tell you, when map and mod will be done. :cool:

also don't display the kill messages? Killing a merchant and dressing as one will just get you instakilled.

Madf11 said:
also don't display the kill messages? Killing a merchant and dressing as one will just get you instakilled.
not really because the merchants walk around and no one knows what merchant was killed. (remember: There are 3!)

splofot said:
You put assassin tdm on red, why? Seems simple to do, FFA map, factions assassins vs assassin...?
Because it's not sure if I make this mode or not.

Patta said:
Madf11 said:
not really because the merchants walk around and no one knows what merchant was killed. (remember: There are 3!)

Ok that'll help a bit, perhaps giving the body disappearance option or something. Don't know how fast is the respawn for the merchant.

Not sure about the crouching, it would identify the assassins very easily, unless only guards can crouch idk.

Lannistark said:
Not sure about the crouching, it would identify the assassins very easily, unless only guards can crouch idk.
Crouching will surely make assassins noticeable, if they're seen but by the guards. But you can look at it differently; crouching behind some objects would enhance the assassins' hiding skills, where they can for example get closer to the guard without him seeing, and thus doubting that they are assassins.

Back
Top Bottom