[BoP: Serva] Main Thread (Year: 198 Month 1) Rest in pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys it's been a pretty busy month for me and this is pretty much the first time I've come back to bop in like a week and then some. I intend to get the freight jobs and marketplace updated today (and the shipbuilder... this year hopefully) but I also have to announce that Epicrules has decided to leave the game and become a co-host. While she is still hosting Maurland, she insists that cohosting Serva would be valuable experience (and of course, you can never have enough experience in GMing... I just put out my 21st turn total and I'm still learning new things!) and, in her words, it takes "different moods for both" :razz: her role will hopefully be minor enough for her to focus on Maurland but it'll be more important than my friend Mason's occasional input and ideas for the game.

Her possessions now belong to an NPC, and one may still purchase ships and have other interactions with Avalon in the same manner as any other NPC. You are still addressing Melina Luther, for she has not left the region in-character (as is the case with some players who leave the game)

((Indeed, I don't really have the time (or mood) to play the game anymore and still write for my own BoP. Plus, I feel like I got to a pretty comfortable position in the game as it is, so I think the best option for me now is to help Pixel run the game as a thank-you for all of the fun I've had playing it. You guys have been a real pleasure to play with, especially Moose, Arthur, and everyone in TFS. We did some pretty phenomenal things. Looking forward to helping bring you more fun turns!))

I've learned my lesson from last year and generally didn't work on BoP stuff at all these past couple weeks besides answering questions and stuff. (And ignoring some, if you're Teofish :razz:) Most of my friends and family were on vacation time and I was able to be more outgoing and social than usual. (Neglecting you guys :'c) For now there's a gap, however brief, between thanksgiving and Christmas wherein I might finally update everything and post a deadline, but to be fully honest I wouldn't expect reptors until January, between discussion and processing.

I'm still very invested in hosting so if you've been worried because of the game's silence, don't be. I just have less free time around this time of year (we went through this last year too, some of you may recall) and when I do get spare time I tend to use it on video games or reading.

I'm not on break though, so if you have questions feel free to bug me on steam while I'm playing New Vegas or whatever.

Terror from the Deep

Official United Armada Dispatch
pata5XK.png
x4vIGhc.png
pata5XK.png

Space is widely regarded to be a vast emptiness, untamed and wild in all things. For thousands of years, Humans considered themselves alone in this existence, seeing first the skies and later space as nothing more than the borders of our physical world. In time, we Humans learned that this was not, after all, the case. Space is vast, untamed, and wild in all things - but it is not empty. First, we met the Ishamshuk. This was an inevitability, as we lived in the shadow of Mars, the long-desolated capital (one of three) of the Daghuo Desan - in the words of Man, the Desan Empire. The Ishamshuk opened the eyes of Man as the serpent of the Garden of Eden. They enlightened us to the ways of the worlds, teaching us of the great races of galaxies far and wide, of the Desan and Tarak, of the Proga and Singers, of the Despertun and Madapari and Uhara and the empires great and small. Humanity flourished and expanded, spreading from humble beginnings on a single continent of Earth to encompass planets across many thousands of lightyears. But the Ishamshuk would prove to be serpents indeed.

Several years ago, an Ishamshuk fleet arrived at Polaris, - a trinary star system very historically important to the people of Earth - the second planet of which was home to several-hundred-million people. They demanded that the Humans vacate the system, stating that Polaris was sovereign territory of the Ishamshuk Empire, despite the system showing no signs of habitation when the colonists arrived initially many decades ago. The people of Polaris II were neither willing, nor able, to hand over their homes to the Ishamshuk, however, igniting what would come to be known as the Polaris War. The people of Earth itself and thus the Domain were initially unaware of this action, as the Ishamshuk had created a strong blockade of the system and destroyed outbound ships and couriers bound for Earth. When the ultimatum expired, the Ishamshuk swiftly occupied the planet despite the brave resistance of the Polarisians under James Grant, Supreme Commander of the Royal Polarisian Army, who was forced to continue his campaign through guerrilla warfare and a civil resistance movement.

Ishamshuk treatment of the Humans of Polaris, who they considered, and still do, to be an intrinsically inferior species, was strict and brutal. Local community leaders were executed, entire cities were exploited for forced labor and millions died in the resulting conditions of the occupation. The Polarisians were simply not prepared nor equipped to resist an enemy such as the Ishamshuk, who not possessed vastly superior technology and equipment, as well as telepathy. The citizens of Polaris chafed under Ishamshuk occupation until Captain Riley Grant, the daughter of James Grant, managed to get her ship past the Ishamshuk blockade with the aid of several other survivors of the Royal Polarisian Astrofleet and proceeded to warp to Earth. She raised the alarm to the United Armada, which assembled a Joint Task Force (JTF) under command of Admiral Dmitri Ganin, who was appointed Grand Marshal of Joint Task Force No. 2, assigned to drive the Ishamshuk out and liberate the planet.

In all, our fleet totalled 185 ships when it arrived a year later. We struck with great intent and fury, our large force having caught the Ishamshuk off-guard, not expecting we of Humanity to be able to muster such a fleet to face them and their technological wonders. We died at Polaris and were reborn in the flames of our world and vessels, sending one of the preeminent superpowers of the galaxy reeling back in defeat. But we were not immune to loss. Those of us who did come back from that place did not come back the same. We were changed, broken, melted, forged again into this life of never-ending war that we now endure. The fires of war now burn once again with our first friends and enemies, the United Armada giving battle across a wide front with not only the Ishamshuk but now also the rebellion in Mett's Folly. Our forces find themselves stretched increasingly thin.

When the Polaris conflict was resolved, I was assigned the defense of this frontier sector, the Outer Shroud, far removed from both events. Despite our distance from the front line, we have received reports corroborating our own detection of Ishamshuk vessels operating within the regions of the Shroud. While their immediate purpose here is unknown, these vessels, and their crews, are to be considered extremely dangerous. They are enemies not only of the Domain, but also of Humanity itself. They are the heralds of death, messengers of nought but desolation and ruin. Millions shed their blood at Polaris at the hands of these serpents, these... demons... and humans are not known to so soon forget.

While I am no longer on the front lines staring down Ishamshuk fleets in active war zones, I am still entrusted and sworn to protect the people of the Outer Shroud. And as I am sworn, I shall protect the citizens of the Human Domain within this zone from any threat, or I shall perish in the attempt bringing as many of them with me as possible. Space is widely regarded to be a vast emptiness, untamed and wild in all things. What truth there was in that was proven to us with the discharge of photon beams and the blood of my people and my comrades. Space is vast, untamed, and wild in all things, my friends, but make no mistake - it is not empty.

Viktoria Lockwood, Admiral of the Fleet

Filthy alien scum...

Their technological miracles against ours - it is time to show them the strength of ATOS engineering. Any Human Domain admiral is more than welcome to place an order.

While Olympia would like to embrace a rather tolerant view of all entities in our region of space, we will not abide by tyrannical enslavers such as these. Olympia will be on guard for any incursions from these violent xenos and will not step back from defending our territories from these antagonists.

The Hephaestus Manufacturing Alliance is open to producing vehicles and weapons for those who need that extra amount of firepower against such threats.

Classic domain. Whip up a big fuss to make everyone fall back in line. I bet they've noticed we ain't exactly model citizens 'round here. And that a lot of us don't even consider ourselves part of the domain anymore. And why should we? What the **** did they do to help us while Innovaganix infected our worlds? Or while the rogue "emperor" Maxim Harvey tried to subjugate an entire quadrant, and probably even more? What the blighting hell has the domain EVER done for ANY of us but sit pretty at Nueluzon and twiddle their thumbs while we fix our own problems. What the hell do we need this fancy "united armada" for if not to defend us from threats, domestic as well as foreign. So when they ask me to bleed for a war I've that barely even concerns us I say a solid **** OFF! As you have told us with your actions, fix your own pissing problems. I won't hesitate to fire on any Ishamshuk vessel that attacks or threatens me or mine. But I won't lift a finger to help the domain in any way.

Back
Top Bottom