[Bop-Lite] War in Acadia (Turn 1 - Winter 1755) Orders Due 21st Seeking Players

Users who are viewing this thread

None yet. I've finished calculating the battles, and I'll try to get the reports out as soon as I can, but I won't be able to continue from there without a replacement.

It's been one month since orders were locked, I think it's legitimate to ask for a status update.
Ody, I'm sad to say it but if you're unwilling/unable to proceed without a replacement, perhaps it's best for the BoP-lite host list to move on.  :cry:

I talked with him on friday. He is working on it. I got a short inter turn thingy.
As for a replacement, can't you get someone from FSE Oddy? Duuring maybe?

Yes, sorry about the wait everyone. I had exams and that tied me up quite a bit but they're finished now and I have been working on CCs and that. As for a replacement, I'm good with whoever to be honest. If you want to invite someone go ahead.

Turn 1 - Winter 1755
ibnKQQZj8yinYw.png
A big thank you to Hulk for the fantastic new map!

Siege of Fort Beauséjour

On the 14th of September, a British force under the command of Colonel Robert Monckton laid siege to Fort Beauséjour, a French fort which guards the border of New France and Nova Scotia. The British offered the French terms for surrender three times, but the French commander responded simply with “No surrender!”. On the 2nd of October, the British made a breach in the fortifications. Also on the 2nd, the local militia which had been assisting the regulars in the defense of the fort deserted to avoid the slaughter that was to come.

On the 4th of October four battalions of the Massachusetts Provincials stormed into the breach. The French fired from the barracks and storehouses, and the British suffered heavy casualties. Eventually the commander of the garrison, Capitaine Louis Du Pont Duchambon de Vergor was wounded and his men, outnumbered ten to one with no leader, surrendered to their adversaries.

Skirmish near Fort Beauséjour

A French raiding party believed to be a part of Charles Deschamps de Boishébert et de Raffetot’s battalion attacked a supply convoy headed towards the siege force at Fort Beauséjour. They killed eight men of the Massachusetts Provincials and began to burn the supplies before they were counter-attacked by rangers under the command of Joseph Goreham. The engagement lasted roughly fifteen minutes and ended with the British rangers fixing bayonets and charging the French. A majority of the French company withdrew immediately, but several men were left behind and surrendered. Overall, the engagement was not particularly significant.

Embarrassment at Beaubassin

Soldiers from the Fort Lawrence garrison left the fort and marched to Beaubassin to recruit. Unfortunately, their attempts at recruiting were met with failure. The population of Beaubassin, being mostly Metis and French Acadian, were not pleased to see redcoats in their home. They jeered the soldiers out of the village.

Displeased Fishermen

The Governor of Louisbourg, wary of the building tensions between France and Britain, ordered the local Louisbourg militia to train with the regulars to prepare for possible war. At first the militia made noticeable improvements, but after several weeks the militia commander put in a plea to end the training so that they could return to their jobs.​

Orders due the 21st. If you'd be so kind as to speak with your friends about joining I do really need someone to replace Koenig. Also, just a heads up that I will be gone for the next week.

Harlehus has informed me that he is leaving the game, leaving us down two players. Also, it's four days beyond the deadline and I have only 3 people's orders.

Tomorrow I will be leaving and I won't return for three weeks. At this point, I'm not sure what to do with the BoP. I'm not really ready to quit, but nobody seems very interested. At this point I think it would probably be best to close the game down.

Back
Top Bottom