Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romandude

Grandmaster Knight
War in Acadia
The_Victory_of_Montcalms_Troops_at_Carillon_by_Henry_Alexander_Ogden.JPG

Vive L'Acadie!

It is the year 1754, and the land of Acadia is caught in war between the mighty kingdoms of France and Britain. The war has only just begun, and both sides are hastily readying their plans in the autumn months of 1754. Will history repeat itself, and see the British emerge victorious? Or will the strength of the French prevail? It is up to you and your comrades to decide the ending.

British
Colonel Robert Monckton (most senior officer)
Major Joseph Gorham (leader of Goreham's rangers, 2nd most senior)
Captain Alexander Murray (commander of Fort Edward)
Captain John Handfield (leader of British garrison at Fort Edward)
Captain John Hussey (commander of Fort Lawrence)

French
Captain Augustin de Boschenry de Drucour (most senior French officer, commander of Louisbourg)
Charles Deschamps de Boishébert et de Raffetot (Acadian militia commander, most senior Acadian militia commander)
Militia Captain Joseph Broussard (Acadian militia commander)
Captain Louis Du Pont Duchambon de Vergor (commander of Fort Beausejour)
Chief Jean-Baptiste Cope (commander of the Mi'kmaq raiders)

NPCs
Lawrencetown Commander - Lieutenant Malcolm Baker
Lunenburg Commander - Captain Patrick Sutherland

Also, as you may have noticed, there are not many slots open in the game. That is mostly because all of the names are officers who actually fought in the Acadian campaign of the French & Indian War. If there is a need to increase the scale though, I would be willing to create more fictitious characters.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or add me on Steam.

Shatari said:
I'd be happy to take the Mi'kmaq Chief.
I've decided to give you him a name. Since the Mi'kmaq did not have writing, I cannot know who was chief of what tribe in 1754, but thanks to British records I know that Jeannot Peguidalonet was a chief in Cape Breton in 1761, so close enough.

Tell your friends everyone. I can't run this game with fewer then twelve for balance reasons and I'm getting a little bit concerned over the number of sign ups.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
I have zero experience whatsoever playing a Balance of Power game. That being said, I'd be willing to play. What would be required from me as a player?
Well if you add me on Steam, I should be able to help you out and explain to you things in depth. Basically you'll have to work with the other players on your team and you will be required to submit something called "Orders" once every few weeks. BoP-Lite is simpler than regular BoP, so it would probably be a good idea to start here before moving up to the full Balance of Power games.

Well I mean it wouldn't take a huge walkthrough, just like a PM of the rules, expectations and whatnot. Anyways I think I'll forge on ahead regardless, put me down for Captain Louis Du Pont Duchambon de Vergor. Les cochons Anglais vont mourir.

Very well. The rules will be up once the game is up, but if you have any questions now I'd be happy to answer them. The basic idea of the game is you control one character, and he commands a unit, varying in size from a company to several regiments. You will have to work with the other players against the enemy team (in your case, the British) to achieve military domination. It is turn based, and with each turn you will submit "orders" which essentially outline what you want your troops to do. Once a new turn begins you will receive a card which tells you the state of your unit, where they are, etc. In addition to that, there is a report given to all of the players which describes the major events that occurred that turn.

Also, I still recommend adding me on Steam. It will make communication easier. It's alright if you don't want to, though.

So I've decided to replace Augustus Keppel with Edward Boscawen since Keppel didn't really do anything in the North American theatre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom