[BoP: Interregnum] Main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Moose!

poorly-drawn
Duke
l6UfC.png

For nearly five hundred years, chaos reigned over Tamriel. It began on Sun’s Dawn 2E 430. In one bloody night, Emperor-Potentate Savirien-Chorak and every one of his heirs were murdered. The Akaviri Potentate crumbled in less than a fortnight. And, from the ashes of the Empire emerged an assortment of small kingdoms and minor states, each one vying for supremacy with all the others.

Inevitably, disputes arose between these kingdoms. These disputes led to bitter rivalries. With no Imperial authority to intervene, these rivalries soon turned to bloodshed. Neighbor turned against neighbor as the peoples of Nirn waged war against themselves and one another in a desperate struggle to seize power. Countless kingdoms rose and fell. Countless petty warlords succeeded in their attempt to gain control of the Imperial Isle, only to succumb to more eager rivals. Dozens of self-proclaimed “Emperors” ascended to the Ruby Throne, but none have sat for long.

Then, on the eight hundredth and twenty eighth year of the Second Era, and the Wheel is turning. On the Isle of Alcaire in the Kingdom of Wayrest, a child was born on a certain day under a certain sign to uncertain parents, ignorant of the role that he was about to play in Tamriel’s history. Thus marks the beginning of the final chapter in the Second Era, a period that is known only as…

...The Interregnum

Greetings, Serjo, and welcome to Mundus! As a player, you are responsible for controlling one of the many factions that vie for power in this turbulent time of Tamriel's history. Each turn represents one year. What you do with your turn is up to you. Some mechanics are set in stone, while others are more free form. Hopefully, we'll find out a nice balance as we move along.

Notably, there is a lot of information about the Elder Scrolls. As a fan of Michael Kirkbride, I generally accept that there is no such thing as true canon in this universe. Rather, the metaphysics of this world allows each player to develop their own head canon, each being equally valid as any other. And since this is my game, we're using my head canon (unless someone achieves CHIM, in which case all bets are off  :razz:).

In general, my head canon aligns closely with the descriptions found UESP, although my favorite sources of material are the texts that can be found in game. At the very least, it may be helpful to take a look at this timeline if you are completely ignorant about the lore. Finally, if you're in for a mind-****, I'd recommend that you go to r/teslore. I am a huge fan of all the esoteric **** that's out there, and I'd like to incorporate as much of it as possible into this game. If you aren't sure where to start, they have a compilation of Required Readings that I highly recommend. You can find all sorts of juicy stuff in there (Theories, Apocrypha, Monkey Truth). And, if there is anything else that you aren't sure about, please feel free to ask! I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't want you to ask questions.

1. Alliance of Colovian Estates (Benno Maximus)
2. Nibenean Confederation (HULKSMASH)
3. Pinderian Empire (Harkon Haakonson)
4. Kingdom of Anvil (Amontadillo)
5. Kingdom of Daggerfall (Grimmend)
6. Kingdom of the Reach (Dodes)
7. Hold of the Rift (ejnomad)
8. Hold of Whiterun (König)
9. Skaal Tribe (Blobmania)
10. Electorate of Lillandril (Jhessail)
11. Great House Telvanni (Pixel)
12. Agaceph Tribe (Nord Champion)
13. Ta of Rimmen (Elisianthus)
14. Stronghold of Orsinium (Arcadius)

Austupaio (Great House Indoril)
BenKenobi (Kingdom of Haven)
Cookie Muncher (Kingdom of Kvatch)
DoctorPainkiller (Kingdom of Camlorn)
Eternal (Council of Eldenroot)
Gaham (Kingdom of Altmeris)
Odyseuss (Kingdom of Winterhold)
RoboSenshi (Kingdom of Hegathe)
Shatari (Sarpa Tribe)
Teofish (Kingdom of Northpoint)
Úlfheðinn (Great House Telvanni)
Vieira (Ta of Pellitine)

Reference Maps

KaoK3RN.jpg

MFk71If.jpg

c5kbEGV.jpg

L1HiOnm.jpg

DgrmLmC.jpg

1384035099241.jpg

cosmology_of_nirn.jpg

Annals of the Late Period Interregnum

2E 828
2E 829
2E 830

Made possible in part by...

Jace's wonderful tool!

The Annotated Anuad said:
Anu, grieving, hid himself in the sun and slept.

Arnie the Scrib said:
Why belong? Simple. Everybody needs friends.

Fal Droon said:
Today, modern archaeology and paleonumerology have confirmed what my own research in Alessian dating first suggested: that the Dragon Break was invented in the late 3rd era, based on a scholarly error, fueled by obsession with eschatology and Numidiumism, and perpetuated by scholarly inertia.

Hronsar Hairy-Ears said:
I dint beleeve eether of em, so I told them they werr liein to Hronsar, an I hit em wiv my club until dey stopped screemin.

Mankar Camoran said:
CHIM. Those who know it can reshape the land. Witness the home of the Red King Once Jungled.

Merry Eyesore the Elk said:
Alduin (whose stomach was hurting because it was a little too stretched, which had never happened before, and now he knew why) grew furiously angry and boomed out, "You stupid little f*cker, do you even know what would HAPPEN if that happened, my dying and being unable to eat and the kalpa left to run forever?"

Amaranth anon Anew AE I, which is said to have occupied the passageways of heaven and earth, because everyone above and below asks Amaranth anon Anew AE I if they cannot find the passage. Amaranth anon Anew AE I is the Godhead who caused to be visible. Amaranth anon Anew AE I stands as a post at the turning point. The others say of Amaranth anon Anew AE I the post: "The one and one (an inelegant numner) who crosses the middle of the Z the Centrex without calm, may his name be I and no other, for he takes up the center of it in sleep. The path of the stars of the sky should be kept unchanged but will not, for he dreams in the sun and now has dreamed of orphans, anon Magne-Ge, the colors he still wishes to dream.

The Surrender of Alinor happened in one hour, but Numidium's siege lasted from the Mythic Era until long into the Fifth. Some Mirror Logicians of the Altmer fight it still in chrysalis shells that phase in and out of Tamrielic Prime, and their brethren know nothing of their purpose unless they stare too long and break their own possipoints.

1. Wulfharth L
2. Hjalti O
3. Ysmir R
4. Talos K
5. Arctus H
6. Septim A
N

N'Gasta said:
N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis! ahkstas so novajxletero (oix jhemile) so Ranetauw. Ricevas gxin pagintaj membrauw kaj aliaj individuauw, kiujn iamaniere tusxas so raneta aktivado. En gxi aperas informauw unuavice pri so lokauw so cxiumonataj kunvenauw, sed nature ankoix pri aliaj aktuasoj aktivecauw so societo. Ne malofte enahkstas krome plej diversaspekta materialo eduka oix distra.

The Rebel's Return said:
Flesh remained, and the heart is free. When will the rebel return to claim the empty throne?

boom Boom BOOM beats the Doom Drum

Tiber Septim said:
"'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'"

The Underking said:
The secret of Numidium's power lies in its heart, carried within the Mantella. It is the heart of Tiber Septim's battlemage. It is my heart. It is my Mantella. It is my Totem. It belongs to me, and to none other.

The secret Tower within the Tower is the shape of the only name of God, I.

Xal said:
Do not think as others do that Kagrenac created the Anumidum for petty motivations, such as a refutation of the gods. Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence. But, by then, and for a long time coming, the Doom of the Dwarves marched upon the Mountain and they were removed from this world.

Zurin Arctus said:
Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

The 36 Lessons of Vivec: Words of wisdom relating to Vivec. Almsivi have mercy upon your soul if you read and try to understand all of this on your own.  :shock:

An Accounting of the Scrolls: An author's report on the Elder Scrolls and his subsequent entry into the Cult of the Ancestor Moth.

Aedra and Daedra: Overview of the basic differences between Gods, Demons, Aedra, and Daedra.

The Annotated Anuad: Early religious book providing a simplified version of The Anuad creation myth from the Mythic Era.

The Anticipations: Overview of the members of and the relationship between the Tribunal and the Daedra.

The Arcturian Heresy: A brief, undated, early historical document covering the Underking and Tiber Septim. Think you know Talos? You don't know **** about Talos until you understand this book. Irrelevant to our game's timeline, but still an interesting read.

The Book of Daedra: Excerpts from a lengthy tome describing the nature of each of the Daedra.

The Code of Malacath: A description of life in an average Orc Stronghold.

Corpse Preparation: How to obtain and prepare a corpse for necromantic purposes.

Divine Metaphysics: An explanation of Anumidium's construction, written in Dwemeris.

The Dragon Break Re-Examined: Explanation of a historical error of timing.

Dwemer Inquiries: A series of scholarly essays on the elusive Dwemer.

Final Report to Trebonius: What really happened to the Dwemer? One scholar's interpretation of an age-old question.

The Lost Prophecy One of the Nerevarine Prophecies.

On Lycanthropy: Studies of the nature and habits of Lycanthropes.

The Metaphysics of Morrowind: You haven't read this yet? What the **** are you doing with your life. Seriously. Read it.

Nu-Mantia Intercept: Want to understand the true motivations of the Thalmor? This is the text for you. Feel free to ask questions!

Spirit of Nirn, God of Mortals: Opinions of the god Lorkhan and the origin of creation.

Tamrielic Lore: A list, compiled by the last living Dwemer, of ancient artifacts.

Vampires of the Iliac Bay: The story of a man's journey into vampirism.

Varieties of Faith in Tamriel: Description of the pantheons of gods in Tamriel.

Where Were You When the Dragon Broke?: A brief description and multiple accounts of the Dragon Break.

Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi: How a Khajiit explains the origin of the world.

Meta-Rules

n6Um20h.png

Country Card Mechanics

The Faction Overview is largely self-explanatory, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time explaining it. This presents the most basic information about your Faction. Notably, these descriptions are not static. All of these may change over time. This can be a result of chance (your faction leader suddenly dies) or policy (you decide to move your capital).

moShuru.png

Name is self-explanatory. If you don't know what the province name means, you're a filthy n'wah.

Geography represents the predominant terrain of a province. There are seven types of Geography: Plains, Hills, Mountains, Forests, Jungles, Deserts, and Marshes. Terrain determines the base statistics of your province.

Improvements represents the  specialized buildings that exist in the province. These can be used to improve your province in various ways.

Loyalty ranges from 1(Rebellious) to 7(Fanatical). Loyal provinces are more amenable to change and adversity. Disloyal provinces will resist change, and they may even raise arms against you if their grievances are not addressed. You can raise (or lower) loyalty through various actions. Additionally, loyalty may be altered by random events.

Race represents the dominant race of a province. Units that are recruited in a province will belong to this race.

Religion represents the dominant religion of a province.

Each province has a Total score and a Potential score for the following statistics: construction, defense, fertility, development, resources, and population.

Construction refers to a provinces' capacity for managing large crafting or building projects. Crafting allows you to create Refined Goods (i.e. Arms, Armor, Shields, Potions, Scrolls, and Soulgems). A good rule of thumb is that 1 Population can produce 2 Refined Goods per turn. Building projects can be used to improve a provinces' potential score in one category (i.e. building farms improves your potential fertility score). The more Population assigned to a building project, the faster the project can be completed. They can also be used for more abstract or open-ended purposes (i.e. building an apothecary may allow you produce more than 2 Potions per 1 Population in a province). If you aren't sure about whether your goals for a particular building project are feasible or not, it may be wise to assign a Unit (Mages are particularly useful for this task) to assess the project beforehand. Notably, you are limited to one building project per province per turn.

Defense includes a provinces' natural and man made fortifications. Essentially, it allows you to assign Population to act as a provinces' garrison. Defense is vital if you want to withstand a Siege. For example, if your army in a province is defeated, they will be forced to retreat to an adjacent province. If no Population is assigned to this statistic, then the province may be immediately annexed. But, if Units are allocated to Defense, the attacking army is forced to Siege the province. This can be costly, as an attacking army is likely to take disproportionate losses unless they attempt to starve out the defenders. Notably, the length of time that your defenders can survive is determined by the proportion of your allotted and maximum defense. A province with 10 defense and 10 defenders will take heavy losses in attrition, such that the units will begin to starve after 1 turn and die after 2 turns. But, a province with 10 defense and 2 defenders will begin to starve after 5 turns and die after 6 turns.

Fertility is used to determine how much Food a province can produce. Fertility is also used to calculate the number of Organic materials (e.g. bone, chitin, leather, resin, wood) that can be produced per turn.

Development refers to your provinces' ability to conduct Trade and move Population. It represents your provinces' roads and ports, as well as the caravans and trading vessels that use them. Additionally, a provinces' Total Development limits your ability to move Population to that province (i.e. you can move a maximum of 5 Population to a province with 5 Total Development).

Resources represent the natural and mineral wealth of a province. A provinces' Resources score allows you to generate various ores which can in turn be used to manufacture weapons and armors. Ores, from most common to least common, include iron, corundum, quicksilver, orichalcum, malachite, mithril, adamantium, and ebony. Some ores can be generated every turn. But, rare ores generate randomly, representing the discovery of a rare vein. Besides ore, your resources also generate Organic materials.

Population is used to allocate civilians to certain tasks. The numbers outside the parentheses represent your Total province statistic for a given turn. These are used to calculate your economic statistics. The numbers inside the parentheses represent the Potential province maximum. These can be improved by building projects or random events. Similarly, they can be reduced by random events and enemy activity. Notably, your Total score can never exceed your Potential score.

Notes represent anything else that I think you should know about your province. Sometimes these notes represent temporary change (famine, disease, a newly discovered vein of ore). Othertimes, they represent permanent changes (a unique building, a newly discovered geographical feature).

0jYLBYQ.png

Numbers in parentheses represent what you have in storage. Numbers that are added represent your production for the previous turn. To calculate your total, simply add these two numbers together. For example, Musland can use 50 iron this turn (40 from storage, 10 from the iron that was produced last turn).

Total Fertility is calculated by adding up the Total Fertility Score for each province.

Total Development is calculated by adding up the Total Development Score for each province. Your total Development score caps the amount of food or resources that you can trade each turn with other provinces. For instance, Faction A with 20 Development can trade away 20 Food to Faction B, but it cannot receive 20 Ore[Iron] unless Faction B has at least 20 Development and is willing to use it. Notably, factions are able to conduct trade for others, such that smaller or more rural nations can hire other nations to trade for them. The transportation of Food, Ore, Organics, and all Refined Goods requires a ratio of 1:1. Income can be transported at a ratio of 100:1.

Total Resources is calculated by adding up the Total Resources Score for each province.

Total Population is calculated by adding up the Total Population Score for each province. Your population is constantly increasing at a low rate, rounded to the nearest integer. Certain improvements or events may improve your population growth. Notably, you should always assign this extra population to a province in your orders.

Food is calculated by your Total Fertility Score. The amount of food generated varies from turn to turn based on a random dice roll. This represents the fickle nature of the harvest. Some years may be bountiful, such that you will likely be able to store or export your surplus food. Other years may be harsh, and you may find yourself forced to import food to keep your people happy and healthy. In an average year, the rate of Ferility to Food production is 1:1. Food is required for unit upkeep. Every combat unit expects at least 1 Food per turn. Additionally, every 10 Magic or Stealth Units expects 1 Food per turn. If a unit goes without Food for one turn, they will begin to starve. This will reduce their combat effectiveness and make them unhappy. If they go without food for longer, they may die of starvation.

Income can be used for a variety of purposes (building projects, recruitment, upkeep, bribes, festivals, special missions, magical study, etc.). Income can be generated in a number ways. The most common way to produce income is through taxes. Each unit of population produces 10 income in tax each turn. Income is also generated through trade. In general, trading Common or Raw Goods will produce less income than trading Rare or Refined Goods. Additionally, factions may receive income in tribute from other factions.

Ore is calculated by your Total Resource Score. Unlike Fertility, Ore production is relatively stable. The amount of ore that you can extract is limited by the your Total Resource Score. However, the type of Ore that you can extract can change based on policy and availability. If you have an abundance of one type of Ore, you can attempt to extract other types of Ore. However, this is limited by their availability, which is often unknown.

Organics are calculated by your combined Total Fertility and Total Resource score. Organics are mainly used for improving your provinces and producing warships. They are also required to produce Potions, Scrolls, and Soulgems.

Arms, Armor, and Shields are used to recruit certain Units and equip Armies or Heroes. Different ores can be used to produce different Arms, Armor, and Shields. Notably, all units require Iron Arms, Armor, or Shields for production. Arms, Armor, or Shields made from rare Ores are used to equip entire armies. To produce Arms, Armor, and Shields, you may assign some of your Population to Construction. You may also assign Combat Units (some of which may be more effective than others) to produce Arms, Armor, and Shields.

Potions, Scrolls, and Soulgems are used to recruit Magic Units and equip Armies or Heroes. Potions and Scrolls may belong to one of the seven Schools of Magic. For simplicity, this school is defined when you equip it to an Army or a Hero. Similarly, Soulgems are randomly assigned a soul when you equip them. Notably, Potions, Scrolls, and Soulgems can only be used once. To produce Potions, Scrolls, and Soulgems, you may assign some of your Population to Construction. You may also assign Magic Units (some of which may be more effective than others) to produce Potions, Scrolls, and Soulgems.

WqJQr8x.png

Total Armies: Units are grouped into armies and fleets. Armies represent your land forces. Like everything in this game, the term "army" is rather abstract. Certain tasks may benefit from using a larger or smaller army. Thus, armies can be as large or as small as you want, and you are free to divide your units into as many armies as you feel are necessary. Notably, armies can only perform one major action per turn, and all units assigned to that army will perform that action. For instance, an army can't hunt for necromancers, craft Arms[Iron], set up an ambush, and simultaneously attack an enemy province in the span of a single turn. Instead, you have to divide your units into multiple armies if you want to multitask.

Total Fleets: Units are grouped into armies and fleets. Fleets represent your naval forces. Notably, fleets require both Warships and Crew to function. An adequate crew consists of 1 Combat Unit. Archers, Rogues, and Scouts can crew Light Warships. Barbarians and Warriors can crew Medium Warships. And, crusaders and Knights can crew Heavy Warships. Crew are not attached to their fleet. If you require additional ground forces, you are free to dock your empty fleet and disembark your Crew. Each individual Warship can carry an additional load of 1 Combat Unit, or 10 Magic or Stealth Units. Additional Combat Units do not increase the fighting effectiveness of a Warship. However, additional Magic or Stealth Units may increase the fighting effectiveness of a Warship, provided that these Units are not simply being transported, and are instead part of the crew.

Total Combat Units: If you don't know what this means, you are an n'wah.

Total Magic Units: See above.

Total Stealth Units: See above.

Expected Upkeep: All Combat, Magic, and Stealth Units have a base upkeep of 10 Income per turn. Combat Units have an additional upkeep of 1 food per turn, whereas every 10 Magic or Stealth Units requires 1 Food per turn, rounded down. But, the key word here is expected. Upkeep is not automatic, nor are you required to provide upkeep for your units. Obviously, failing to provide upkeep may lead to some serious consequences. On the other hand, providing your units with more upkeep than the base amount may be helpful during long or difficult campaigns. Ultimately, the amount of upkeep that you want to provide is up to you. If you are paying upkeep, please specify the upkeep for each individual army in your orders. Notably, you are required to use Development if you want to provide upkeep to units in foreign provinces, such that an army receiving 200 Income and 20 Food would require a minimum of 22 Development to supply.

Name: The name of your army. I think I did a piss-poor job with the current names, so feel free to name them whatever they want, as long as it's not something like "dickbutt********ers" or something like that. Additionally, this specifies the total number of units (or ships) within the army, as well as their present location.

Equipment: This allows you to give your armies a tactical edge. Arms, Armor, and Shields that are made from materials other than Iron are generally produced in limited quantities. To represent this, units share these rare goods within an army. An army equipped with these rare goods does not have to specify their use. On the other hand, Potions, Scrolls, and Soulgems are one-shot items. When you equip a unit with Potions or Scrolls, please specify one of the seven magic schools of your choosing. You are required to specify what you want to do with them in your orders (i.e. using 1 Scrolls[Destruction] in battle could cause your enemy to receive more wounds and casualties). Additionally, I am open to introducing new and experimental types of equipment into the game (e.g. horses, lockpicks, whatever I think is reasonable).

Experience: This represents the experience of your army. Armies gain experience over time, provided that they are engaged in tasks beyond simple garrison duty. Experienced armies have a greater chance of success than their inexperienced counterparts. They can take and dish out more damage than inexperienced armies. Similarly, experienced armies are less likely to be shaken by adversity. However, experienced armies often expect greater upkeep when compared to their inexperienced counterparts.

Loyalty: This represents the morale of your army. Loyal armies are generally more effective than disloyal armies, as they are less likely to break before an enemy. On the other hand, disloyal armies may refuse to obey certain orders, especially if their orders are difficult or dangerous. In extreme cases, disloyal armies may openly rebel against your faction. Providing your armies with adequate upkeep is key to loyalty, although it can also be affected by other events.

Unit Summary: When dividing and forming new armies, you are required to specify the various Combat, Magic, and Stealth Units in your Army. If you could follow my format in your orders, I'd be grateful, but it's not necessary. Just be sure to specify the number, race, and class of units that you are using in your army. Additionally, this provides information about the health of your units. (W) indicates that a Unit is wounded. (S) indicates that a unit is starving. (D) indicates that a unit is diseased. Multiple indicators signify that multiple units are affected.

Orders: Where is your army going? What do they want to do? Do they want to use any of their equipment in a particular way? How much are you paying them? Is there anything else you want me to know or specify? In general, an army can only attempt to perform one major task per turn. However, the details that you provide here allows room for some creativity, provided that I think it is reasonable.

dorTB9d.png

Name: If you don't know what this means, you are an n'wah.

Race: See above.

Class: See above.

Equipment: This works like army equipment. However, you can be even more open ended about the sort of gear that you have if you like. Hero equipment costs the same as army equipment, since an incredible level of detail and craftsmanship goes into your Hero's Arms, Armor, and Shields.

Experience: See the section above. Akatosh help us if anyone becomes a Shezzarine and Fanatical at the same time.  :shock: I'd proably have to introduce an unorthodox co-host at that point in the game.  :razz:

Loyalty: See the section above. Notably, heroes require no upkeep. However, they certainly appreciate it.  :razz:

Location: Your heroes current location. At the start of the game, all heroes are attached to a unit of their class. This is denoted by an [H]. However, heroes can attach to any unit at any time. Similarly, heroes can attach themselves to provinces as well. For instance, if you want to oversee a building project you could attach your hero to the Construction statistic for a province.

History: Feel free to put a little history here if you'd like. This will also record a log of the hero's actions in the game.

Next turn, I am going to be adding age and gender. I know the various genders because I made most the damn things and I can tell the names apart, but I don't expect any of you to know.  :razz: Additionally, I am going to probably add a section for Orders that will replace location. For the time being, you can treat location in a way that is similar to orders.

AjWGI8t.png

Unit Descriptions

Archers specialize in long-range combat. Opponents are kept at distance by ranged weapons.  Their inexpensive recruitment costs make them a popular choice for auxiliary forces, although they will quickly fall in open battle if left to fend for themselves. Despite their limitations, archers are a valuable asset in siege warfare.

Barbarians are the proud, savage, warrior elite of the plains nomads, mountain tribes, and reavers. They tend to be brutal and direct, lacking civilized graces, but they glory in heroic feats, and excel in fierce, frenzied single combat. Barbarians are best used for pillage and plunder, but they can also hold their own with any warrior in open combat.

Crusaders are any heavily armored warrior with a cause. They are frequently employed to hunt vampires, witches, warlocks, necromancers, and Daedra, but they also excel in performing more conventional military roles, and their determination makes them invaluable during siege warfare. When tasked with rooting out monsters and heretics, they are best paired with Witchhunters.

Knights are civilized warriors of noble birth, distinguished in battle or tourney, schooled in letters and courtesy, and governed by codes of chivalry. As mounted warriors, they excel on the field of battle. Knights frequently act as bodyguards for distinguished politicians, and they can also serve as effective diplomatic emissaries in their own right.

Rogues are adventurers and opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble. Relying variously on charm and dash, blades and business sense, they thrive on conflict and misfortune, trusting to their luck and cunning to survive. Rogues can’t always be trusted to stick around during long campaigns, but they excel when employed as pillagers. Additionally, their lust for adventure makes Rogues excellent seamen.

Scouts rely on stealth to survey routes and opponents, using ranged weapons and skirmish tactics when forced to fight. Scouts tend to be cautious and methodical, rather than impulsive. They specialize in setting up ambushes and sabotaging enemy forces, and their close familiarity with the terrain and the native flora and fauna allows them to effectively patrol large territories.

Warriors are the professional men-at-arms, soldiers, mercenaries, and adventurers of the Empire, trained with various weapons and armor styles, conditioned by long marches, and hardened by ambush, skirmish, and battle. Their training allows them to adapt to numerous combat situations, and while they don’t excel in any one area of combat, they can be used to fulfill a variety of roles.

Battlemages are wizard-warriors, trained in both lethal spell casting and heavily armored combat. They sacrifice mobility and versatility for the ability to supplement melee and ranged attacks with elemental damage and summoned creatures. They are frequently used to assist combat units in open battle, and they are particularly skilled in the school of Destruction.

Healers are spell casters who swear solemn oaths to heal the afflicted and cure the diseased. When threatened, they defend themselves with reason and disabling attacks and magic, relying on deadly force only in extremity. They are an invaluable asset during long campaigns, as the harsh conditions of siege warfare are only alleviated by powerful Restoration magick. Healers often travel throughout Tamriel, aiding the populace with their services, and they can also be used to swiftly heal combat units after battle.

Mages claim to study magick for its intellectual rewards, but they often profit from its practical applications. Varying widely in temperament and motivation, mages share but one thing in common - an avid love of spell casting, and their abilities can be used to perform a variety of roles. Mages dedicate their entire lives to their pursuit, and as a result they typically gain the most insight into the elusive school of Mysticism.

Nightblades are spell casters who use their magicks to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat. They have a sinister reputation, since many Nightblades are thieves, enforcers, assassins, or covert agents. They are masters of ambush and sabotage, as they devote most of their time to studying the school of Illusion.

Sorcerers specialize in the schools of Conjuration and Enchantment. They are greedy for magic scrolls, rings, armor and weapons, and commanding an undead or a Daedric servant gratifies their considerable egos. Although many Sorcerers are persecuted for their behavior, their expertise can be a valuable asset when rooting out cabals of witches or necromancers.

Spellswords are spell casting specialists trained to support conventional troops in skirmish and in battle. Veteran Spellswords are prized as mercenaries, and well-suited for careers as adventurers and soldiers-of-fortune. They specialize in the school of Alteration, although they are more than capable of throwing a fireball around when necessary.

Witchhunters are dedicated to rooting out and destroying the perverted practices of dark cults and profane sorcery. They train for martial, magical, and stealthy war against vampires, witches, warlocks, and necromancers. When paired with Crusaders, they are a formidable force. They rarely specialize in any one school of magick, preferring to use a variety of techniques to fight their enemies.

Acrobats are traditionally entertainers, aiming to amaze audiences with displays of great gymnastic skills. Possessing highly honed skills in agility and balance, Acrobats are especially adept at scaling walls, running, jumping and tumbling, making them a valuable asset in siege warfare. When paired with Bards, they can help entertain your soldiers and your people to raise morale, and they can also be used to infiltrate areas that are difficult to reach.

Agents are operatives skilled in deception and avoidance, but trained in self-defense and the use of deadly force. They serve a variety of functions, feeling equally comfortable gathering information, eliminating their enemies or performing diplomacy. Additionally, their ability to gather intelligence is an invaluable asset in conventional warfare, such that Agents are able to assist combat forces in a variety of roles.

Assassins are killers who rely on stealth and mobility to approach victims undetected. Assassins include ruthless murderers and principled agents of noble causes. They specialize in assassinating powerful political opponents, and they can also work with conventional forces to set up deadly ambushes.

Bards are lore masters and storytellers. They crave adventure for the wisdom and insight to be gained, and are best paired with Acrobats and can be used to raise morale. They also make excellent merchants and serviceable diplomats.

Monks devote their life to studying the divine. Best paired with Pilgrims, they can be used to convert provinces, although the process is often slow. They make excellent diplomats.

Pilgrims are travelers, seekers of truth and enlightenment. Best paired with Monks, they can be used to convert provinces. Pilgrims are adept at hiding in plain sight, and are often overlooked by enemy Agents.

Thieves are pickpockets and pilferers. Thieves choose stealth and subterfuge over violence. They are experts in the acquiring things that aren’t theirs, regardless of whether the object in question is great wealth, sensitive information or a powerful artifact. Thieves often accompany pillaging Rogues, as they have a knack for sniffing out valuables.

Unit Costs

mLUEEQA.png

UdcH20d.png

Hero cost increases by 500 for every hero you have after 3rd...

1st Hero - 100 Income
2nd Hero - 500 Income
3rd Hero - 500 Income
4th Hero - 1000 Income
5th Hero - 1500 Income
6th Hero - 2000 Income

...and so on and so forth. Remember, you are limited by the number of provinces that you currently possess. If you possess 5 provinces, you can recruit a 5th Hero, but not a 6th Hero. Notably, this only extends to recruitment. If you have 5 Heroes and lose a province, you don't also lose your Hero.

Refined Goods

A4REETj.png

JDZWtyT.png

Movement

DbP5xCh.png

5h6zb1Q.png

Light Green - Plains
Light Brown - Hills
Dark Brown - Mountains
Orange - Deserts
Dark Green - Forests
Lime Green - Jungles
Teal - Marshes

Combat

dFuNPsj.png

Ambush: An army can attempt to prepare an Ambush in any owned or allied province. Ambushing armies are able to prepare defenses which make them a more effective fighting force (setting traps, building temporary fortifications, utilizing strategically important landmarks, etc.). Ambushing armies are often able to resist numerically superior armies, at least for a time, but they cannot move from their province to intercept enemy forces. An army may only use 6 movement points or less during the turn if they want to prepare an ambush in a province.

Battle: An army engaged in Battle attempts to draw their enemies out into the field. While armies may try to seek out Battle in specific provinces, they may be prematurely engaged by patrolling forces. Notably, terrain impacts the effectiveness of both attacking and defending armies during Battle. Armies attempting to engage in open Battle have no movement restrictions.

Hunt: An army on the Hunt is tasked with rooting out undesirables from a province. This includes heretics, guerrilla fighters, monsters, revolting peasants, witches, necromancers, vampires, wandering Daedra, and anything else I can think of. An army may only use 6 movement points or less during the turn if they want to conduct a Hunt in a province.

Patrol: An army on Patrol is tasked with defending their borders from all sorts of enemy activity. Patrolling armies are assigned an area ranging from 2-4 adjacent provinces, and they will attempt to engage enemy armies within this defined area in open Battle. Patrolling armies are also capable of fighting off enemy armies conducting Pillage or Sabotage. Notably, an Army has a greater chance of intercepting enemies within a small area (2 provinces) than a large area (4 provinces). An army may only use 6 movement points or less during the turn if they want to patrol.

Pillage: An army can attempt to pillage a province to gain valuable resources  from their enemies(food, income, ores, refined goods, unoccupied warships). Pillaging armies may also have a chance to reduce a province's population by a small amount. Notably, armies can attempt to Pillage adjacent provinces, although they are most effective when Pillaging an occupied province. Armies attempting to Pillage have no movement restrictions.

Sabotage: An army can attempt to attack an enemy's means of production. This can include attacks on their Construction, Defense, Fertility, Development, and Resources. These effects are often temporary, although sustained Sabotage may inflict longer-lasting damage. Notably, armies can attempt to Sabotage adjacent provinces, although they are most effective when Sabotaging an occupied province. Armies attempting to engage in Sabotage have no movement restrictions.

Siege: When an army attempts to conquer a province, they may be required to eliminate local garrisons. To do so, they must attempt to siege the province. A besieging army can attempt to starve out the defenders, or they may try to defeat the defenders by force. An army may only use 4 movement points or less during the turn if they want to siege a province.

Magic

mgwH3m7.png

Alteration magicka manipulates the physical world and its natural properties. Alteration effects include water breathing and walking, jumping, levitating, burdening, opening and locking, and creating shield barriers against physical and elemental damage.

Conjuration magicka includes the mental domination of mundane and magical creatures, summoning of otherworldly weapons and armor, and summoning of Daedric or undead servants and powers to serve and protect the caster.

Destruction magicka harms living and unliving things, and include elemental damage, draining, damaging, vulnerability, and disintegration magical effects.

Enchantment is the process of permanently applying a magical effect to an item by harnessing the power of a creature's soul. This skill governs the creation, use, and recharging of enchanted items.

Illusion magicka alters the perceptions and thoughts of living beings. Illusion effects include blindness, illumination, paralysis, silence, calmness, enragement, charm, distract, camouflage, and invisibility.

Mysticism magicka involves the manipulation of magical forces and boundaries to bypass the structures and limitations of the physical world. Mysticism shapes and focuses otherworldly forces to bind souls in gems, or teleport the caster's body, or manipulate the world with telekinesis, or absorb or reflect magical energies, or sense unseen objects at a distance.

Restoration magicka heals, restores, and fortifies the body's attributes and abilities, cures disease, and protects it from other malign influences. Restoration spells can also augment strength, endurance, intelligence, agility, and other bodily attributes.

Stealth

This is the most open-ended mechanic of the game. Raise morale through song? Steal a valuable item or artifact? Assassinate your opponents? Keep tabs on your enemies? If you can think of a reasonable goal, Stealth can be used to make it happen. Notably, if you want to engage in diplomacy with NPC nations, it is recommended that you send a delegation of peaceful diplomats, as this will increase your chance of success. However, there is one major restriction to stealth in this game - the location of your units is dramatically important. Like all Units, Stealth Units move from province to province. If you want to keep tabs on an enemy Army, set up an assassination, or even learn about an enemy provinces statistics, you are going to have to be in the same province as your intended target. And, always remember that less can sometimes be more in matters of subterfuge.

Orders Template

This is more of a guideline than a hard-and-fast rule. However, if you can at least attempt to follow this template, I would be grateful!

==========
DIPLOMACY
==========

Just give me a general sense of your diplomatic moves. If you want to do business with NPC nations, it should be done here. Notably, you will not be able to see the effects of your diplomacy until the next turn. If you don't know how an NPC will react, try to use their faction Summary as a guide.

==========
TRADE
==========

Let me know who you are trading with, and how much development it will require. Remember that trading (or gifting) income also requires development, at a ratio of 100:1.

==========
PROVINCES
==========

In desperate need for Goods? Want to shift production from Fertility to Resources? Do your province need more population assigned to Construction or Defense? Want to add your newly grown citizens to a province in dire need of population? This is where you do all of that. The best way for you to do this is to copy and paste the province statistics (Construction, Defense, Fertility, Development, Resources, Population) for each province that you want to alter. Then, feel free to arrange the population in any way that you want, provided that your allotted population does not exceed either the province's total population and the province's potential value for any given statistic.

Additionally, if you want to build province improvements, this is the place to let me know. Remember - you are limited to one improvement per province, improvements require that at least some of the provinces population is assigned to construction, and improvements benefit from allocated Income and Organics.

You can also forcibly move your population from one province to another. Remember, the amount of population that you can move is limited by the lowest Total Development statistic of the two provinces in question.

==========
PRODUCTION
==========

What sort of refined goods are you making? Let me know how many Arms, Armor, Shields, Potions, Spells, and Scrolls you want to create this turn. Additionally, let me know how many materials this will cost, and let me know how much Construction you want to allot to this task. Additionally, if you want to build any ships, let me know here. If you are building ships, let me know the province that you plan to build them in. Other refined goods are not confined to any particular province.

==========
RECRUITMENT
==========

Lost a battle? Need fresh meat? This is where you recruit units. Let me know how many Units you want to recruit, where you want to recruit them, and how much they will cost in this section. Remember - newly recruited Units cannot perform any orders until the following turn. This means that you won't have to worry about adding these Units into your Armies until next turn.

Similarly, you can also disband your units in this section. Disbanded units will return all of their gear, as well as 1/4 of their hiring income. Additionally, disbanded combat units will increase the population of the province they are disbanded in.

==========
ARMIES
==========

How are you going to reorganize your existing armies? What are their current orders? Do you want to assign them any equipment? Maybe you just want to rename them. This is where you let me know where your armies are, who is in them, and what they are doing. The best way for you to do this is to follow the template that I have provided in your CCs, since that way all I have to do is check for errors. And, if your armies are moving, the best way to show this is a quick map.

==========
HEROES
==========

What are your heroes doing? Are they leading armies? Overseeing construction? Enchanting magic items? Hunting witches? Summoning Daedra? Filming a Rocky training montage? Let me know about their whereabouts in this section. If you want to assign a hero to a specific unit, be sure to denote it with an [H] in the armies section. Notably, heroes have the same movement restrictions as their designated class (12 for Combat, 16 for Magic, 20 for Stealth).

Lore: Men

Bretons are the human descendants of the Aldmeri-Nedic Manmer of the Merethic Era. They are united in culture and language, even though they are divided politically. Bretons make up the peasantry, soldiery, and magical elite of the various feudal kingdoms that compete for power. Many are capable Mages with innate resistance to magicka, and they are known for a proficiency in abstract thinking and unique customs. Bretons appear, by and large, much like other pale-skinned humans. They are usually slight of build and not as muscular as Nords or Redguards. Their Mer ancestry is usually only detectable upon a closer inspection of their eyebrows, ears, or high cheekbones.

The Reachmen are a tribal group of primarily Breton descent who inhabit the Reach in southwestern Skyrim and the neighboring Western Reach in the east of High Rock. Descended from one of the earliest Atmoran tribes to settle Tamriel, their lineage now partakes of nearly every race imaginable. The uprising that finally "freed" the Reach ended in the extermination of the Aldmeri overlords, but Elven blood still flows strong in the Reachmen, and they share the secretive, haughty demeanor of that race. In later years, they traded and exchanged customs with the Orcish villages that shared their mountains, and eventually learned much of the beastfolk's magic.

The peoples of Cyrodiil are divided into three distinct ethno-cultural groups: Colovian, Nibenean, and Imperial. Colovians and Nibenese both descend from the native Nedic and Cyro-Nordic peoples that were enslaved by the Ayleids, but diverged after consecutive invasions and interactions with other races. Colovians in Western Cyrodiil share a strong martial and seafaring tradition with their Nord ancestors and often become mercenaries or pirates. Despite their adventurous spirit, Colovians typically adopt an austere lifestyle that makes them excellent soldiers, capable of conducting long and difficult campaigns. In contrast, the Nibenese tend to live a life of indulgence. During the First Era, the Nibeneans strongly adhered to the Alessian Doctrines, which made them disfavor many practices, notably farming. They defaulted to mercantilism and became a wealthy merchant power with a vibrant society that made colorful clothing, conducted elaborate ceremonies, and loved tattoos and philosophy. Through their river network they were able to export many goods, including textiles, fabrics, moon sugar, rice and armor. The Nibenese have an Akaviri and, to a lesser degree, Elven heritage, and they have a greater appreciation of magic, art, commerce, and spirituality in comparison to their western neighbors. The culture of the Imperials living on the Imperial Isle and the surrounding area is largely a result of the interaction and mingling of these two cultures. Imperials tend to exhibit traits found in both the Colovian and Nibenean peoples.

The most naturally talented warriors in Tamriel, the dark-skinned, wiry-haired Redguards of Hammerfell seem born to battle, making them equally suitable as scouts, skirmishers, free-ranging heroes, adventurers, and rank-and-file soldiers. Redguards are physically blessed with hardy constitutions, resistance to poison, and quickness of foot. Redguards do not share the same blood as the other human races, and they have no known connection with the ancestral Nordic homeland of Atmora or the native Nedic peoples of Tamriel. Instead, they originate from the western continent of Yokuda, which sunk into the sea during the First Era. The Forebears are descended from the Ra Gada warrior class which conquered the province, and in so doing were exposed to many Nedic (and later Breton and Imperial) traditions and ideas. The Forebears are more cosmopolitan more welcoming of foreigners than their Crown counterparts. Some have adopted modified Imperial and Breton styles for their dress, architecture, and names, and many have even reorganized their traditional gods and spirits to fit into the Imperial pantheon of the Eight Divines. Forebears are most predominant in coastal cities. In contrast, the Crowns are descended from the High King and the Na-Totambu who ruled in Yokuda; they hold Yokudan tradition in high reverence and greatly dislike foreigners. Most Crowns live a rural life in more secluded regions, notably the deserts and other inhospitable areas.

Nords are a race of tall and fair-haired humans from Skyrim who are known for their incredible resistance to the harsh conditions of their homeland. They are fierce, strong and enthusiastic warriors, and many have become renowned soldiers and mercenaries all over Tamriel. Eager to augment their martial skills beyond the traditional methods of Skyrim, they excel in all manner of warfare, and are known as a militant people by their neighbors. Nords are also natural seamen, and have benefited from nautical trade since their first migrations from Atmora.

Eight Divines: The original pantheon of Divines under the Alessian Empire, consisting of Akatosh, Arkay, Dibella, Julianos, Kynareth, Mara, Stendarr, and Zenithar. Worship of the Eight Divines was introduced by Alessia at the start of the First Era. It was a carefully designed compromise between the Aldmeri deities that the humans of Cyrodiil were accustomed to worshipping and the deities of Alessia's Nordic allies.

Old Gods:Guided by their Hagraven Cults, the Wicked Men of the Reach recognize and venerate a number of Aedric and Daedric spirits, including Dibella, Herma Mora, Hircine, Magnus, Molag Bal, Namira, Orkey, and Sheor.

Yokudan: The chieftain of the modern Yokudan pantheon is Ruptga, Tall Papa, the first to survive Satakal's destruction. Others include Zeht, Tall Papa's wife Morwha, Tava, HoonDing, Leki, Onsi, and Diagna. Demons include Malooc, an enemy of the Ra Gada. Tu'whacca was thought to be a god of apathy before the creation of the world, when he became a caretaker and protector of souls. The Yokudan creation myth involved Sep, a crazy merchant god who convinced the others to create the mortal world to make it easier for more spirits to survive Satakal's inevitable onslaught. Except it didn't make it easier; rather, the mortal plane acts as a trap and makes apotheosis even harder. In this way, the Yokudan view of creation has more in common with the Elven tradition than that of other humans, who view the mortal plane as a blessing.

The Kingdom of Anvil
Like their Nord ancestors of old, the Colovians of Anvil frequently lead a life of adventure and piracy, and the Anvil navy is strong enough to rival any kingdom that travels in the Abecan Sea. Anvil traders can be found traveling as far north as Daggerfall, and rumor has it that the Thieves Guild has a strong presence in the city. Following a political marriage between King Cornelius Umbranox and Princess Cassia Kvinchal, they have been close allies with the Kingdom of Kvatch. Reckless and daring, their King was an accomplished captain before he ascended to the throne.  The capital is Anvil, and their leader is King Cornelius Umbranox. The ruling culture is Colovian, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Cheydin
Situated along the western side of the Velothi mountains, the Kingdom of Cheydin is rugged land of dense woods and hidden valleys. Like the land, the Nibeneans of Cheydin are a rugged people, and they frequently skirmish against the Daedra worshipping Dunmer of Morrowind. During the Battle of King’s Crest in 2E 823, the Kingdom of Cheydin fought and defeated an invading army from the Colovian Estates. Although they were victorious, the Queen recognized that a prolonged war would be the end of her Kingdom. To end the war, she reluctantly entered into a tributary alliance with the Nibenean Confederation. Independent and vigilant, it is said that the Queen is waiting for the right moment to break free from the mighty Nibenean confederation. The capital is Cheydinhal, and their leader is Queen Camilla Indarys. The ruling culture is Nibenean, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Alliance of Colovian Estates
Born from an alliance of the kingdoms of Bruma, Chorrol, and Falkreath, the Colovian Estates have been the dominant military force in Western Cyrodiil since their formation in 2E 793. Born from an alliance of Nords and Colovians, the Colovian Estates are said to field the most capable army in the known world, and the mineral wealth of the Colovian Highlands is ample enough to supply their sizeable armies. Courageous and blooded, the King has been at war with the Imperial Heartlands since 2E 825, and it is said that he often fights on the frontlines with his own men. The capital is Chorrol, and their leader is King Sorex Vede. The ruling culture is Colovian, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Kvatch
Located in the hinterlands of the Gold Coast, the petty Kingdom of Kvatch has maintained their independence through shrewd political maneuvering and an abundance of mineral wealth. Following a political marriage between Princess Cassia Kvinchal and King Cornelius Umbranox, they have been close allies with the Kingdom of Anvil, and their trading relationship with the Kingdom of Skingrad has led to good relations between the two neighbors. Apathetic and candid, the King has dismissed complaints about banditry and disappearances to the North of the city. The capital is Kvatch, and their leader is King Calvir Kvinchal. The ruling culture is Colovian, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Nibenean Confederation
Originally developed as an economic alliance of independent city states, the influence of the Nibenean Confederation has grown considerably since their establishment in 2E 683. What was once an economic alliance has transformed into a powerful political alliance. The armies of the Nibenean Confederation are second only to the armies of the Colovian Estates, and their powerful navy rivals that of the mighty Kingdom of Altmeris. Their rigid control over the Niben Bay and Lake Rumare has provided them with an exclusive trading partnership with the Imperial City, and they have even received a special charter to conduct their business in the Kingdom of Altmeris. The current Lord Governor is known to be patient and tolerant, and cooperation with the Khajiit of Leyawiin has increased under his rule. The capital is Aurus and their leader is Lord Governor Adonato Caro. The ruling culture is Nibenean, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Pinderian Empire
Emperor Malpenix Pinder, the first of his name, has sat on the Ruby Throne for the past fourteen years. Originally a merchant from Bravil, the Emperor took the Imperial City by force with an army of Colovian and Redguard mercenaries in 2E 814. Since then, he has ruled the city with an iron fist, and for the past three years, his armies have been engaged with the armies of the Colovian Estates. Little is known about Malpenix Pinder, save that he was able to amass a considerable fortune during his time as a merchant. The capital is The Imperial Isle, and their leader is Emperor Malpenix Pinder. The ruling culture is Nibenean, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Skingrad
The venerable Hassildor family has ruled Skingrad since the early days of the first era. A land of abundant woods and fertile fields, the territory of the Kingdom has changed countless times, but the dynasty has managed to endure throughout the Interregnum. The people credit this to the clever diplomatic efforts of the current and venerable King, and he has formed close relations with the Colovian Estates, the Kingdom of Kvatch, and the Nibenean Confederation. Solitary and private, the King is rarely seen outside of his castle. The capital is Skingrad, and their leader is King Vanus Hassildor. The ruling culture is Colovian, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Hegathe
Hegathe, known to the ancient Aldmer as the Deathlands, is the former seat of the Na-Totambu of Hammerfell. Ruled by the royal family since their arrival in Hammerfell, Hegathe strictly upholds the traditions of Old Yokuda, including the rigid caste system that divides society into the Crowns and the Forebears. In 2E 775, Na-Totambu Wulambi Atar moved the capital to the more prosperous city of Sentinel, displacing the ruling Grandee in the process. This sparked uproar among the Ra Gada Forebears. Tensions between the two castes have remained high ever since, and many speak in hushed whispers of bloody retribution. Since the annexation of Sentinel, the Kingdom of Hegathe remains the undisputed political, military, and economic power in Hammerfell, although they were unable to seize control of Sentinel’s considerable navy. Ambitious and arrogant, the current Na-Totambu is said to be a reflection of his forefathers. The capital is Sentinel, and their leader is Na-Totambu Thassad Ahtar. The ruling culture is Crown, and the official religion is Yokudan Pantheon.

The Principality of Sentinel
After the Ra Gada Forebears first landed in Hegathe, the warrior-sailors of the Grandee Yaghoub sailed north until they rounded Cape Shira, becoming the first of the Ra Gada to discover the Iliac Bay. Yaghoub decided to make his home there. As they sailed, a watchman spotted a suitable harborage, and Yaghoub declared they would build a city there, calling it Sentinel after the watchman. From that day forward, Sentinel has served as a Forebear stronghold, and their influence over the Iliac Bay region has been expanding ever since. After the fall of the Second Empire, control of Hammerfell, which had previously been shared between the two castes, reverted back to the hereditary monarchy of the Na-Totambu Crowns. Despite their wealth, the Forebears of Sentinel were forced to bow down and pay tribute to the Na-Totambu of Hegathe. Then, in 2E 775 to the chagrin of the Forebears, Na-Totambu Wulambi Ahtar boldly moved his throne from the old capital Hegathe to the more prosperous Sentinel. Since then, the Grandees of Sentinel have lived in exile, keen to regain their lost capital by any means necessary. Grim and brooding, the Lord Grandee is known to spend tireless nights plotting his long-awaited return. The capital is Taneth, and their leader is Lord Grandee Waylas Curetar. The ruling culture is Forebear, and the official religion is Yokudan Pantheon.

The Principality of Skaven
Unlike the rest of Hammerfell, the Principality of Skaven has remained unaffected by the recent conflict between the Crowns and the Forebears. Skaven is Crown land, and the people unanimously support their Prince and their High King. But, that is not to say that Skaven is a peaceful land. High in the Dragontail Mountains, the Orc clans continually feud against their Redguard overseers, and many have died in the conflict. To make matters worse, rumors of Dragon sightings can be heard in the province of Lankara, although the Prince has dismissed this as superstitious nonsense. The Prince is known to be a clever and daring warrior. The capital is Skaven, and their leader is Totambu Isran Kadir. The ruling culture is Crown, and the official religion is Yokudan Pantheon.

The Principality of Rihad
Nowhere in Hammerfell is the cultural divide between Crowns and Forebears more apparent than the Principality of Rihad. A close trading relationship with their Colovian neighbors has brought the urban Forebears into conflict with the more conservative Crowns, and many Rihadi Forebears have incorporated the worship of foreign Gods into their more traditional practices. When Na-Totambu Wulambi Ahtar took Sentinel for his own and expelled the Grandees, the Forebears of Rihad and Stonemoor staged a massive revolt against the ruling Prince Mehket Ahadi. Five years later, the rebellion finally ended after the Na-Totambu led his army into the city, slaughtered the rebel leaders, and restored the Ahadi family to power. Since then, open resistance to Ahadi rule has been muted, but the Forebears remain restless. Solitary and taciturn, many Forebears whisper that their current Prince is a wicked and powerful necromancer. The capital is Rihad, and their leader is Totambu Ataf Ahadi. The ruling culture is Crown, and the official religion is Yokudan Pantheon.

The Kingdom of Camlorn
A land of rolling hills and fertile valleys, the Kingdom of Camlorn is one of the few kingdoms in High Rock that shares good relations with all of their neighbors, save for the vicious Orcs and their “Kingdom” in the Wrothgarian Mountains. Camlorn is notable for being the first city to overthrow their Elven masters during the uprising against the Direnni in 1E 498, and they have retained that spirit of independence. In recent years, their coast has been plagued by Nord reavers, and rumor has it that the King has taken to hiring Orc mercenaries as measure of last resort. Kind and generous, the current King is beloved by the people. The capital is Camlorn, and their leader is King Percival Motierre. The ruling culture is Breton, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Daggerfall
Since the early days of the First Era, the Kingdom of Daggerfall has been a dominant economic, political, and naval power in High Rock. Situated at the mouth of the Iliac Bay, their city is one of the few that has not fallen since the start of the Interregnum. The culture of the people reflects their history: they believe in a strong military presence, but are traders first and foremost, and a sophisticated banking industry is well-established. Perhaps because of these influences, Daggerfall hosts a robust black market and an ambitious Thieves Guild that operates with the unspoken consent of the Queen. For the past fifteen years, the Kingdom has waged a petty war with the Kingdom of Wayrest, although the war is little more than a mutual embargo. Sly and cunning, the Queen is said to have agents in every city of the Iliac Bay. The capital is Daggerfall, and their leader is Queen Donella Delayn. The ruling culture is Breton, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Evermore
Nestled between the Wrothgarian and Dragontail mountains, Evermore appears to be a lush paradise in the midst of a bleak and unforgiving land. But, the abundance of the land hides a deep seated unrest. Following the Rape of Volskygge, thousands of refugees from Jehenna flocked to Evermore. Hungry and broken, many of these refugees have resorted to banditry to make a living. To make matters worse, the Kingdom is constantly defending itself against war parties from The Reach. Old and wizened, the King is a known to be a powerful Mage. The capital is Evermore, and their leader is King Gillard Eldland. The ruling culture is Breton, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Northpoint
Strongly influenced by their Nordic ancestry, the Bretons of Northpoint are a hardy people, and their fearsome Battlemages frequently serve as mercenaries for their southern neighbors. For hundreds of years, Northpoint has fought against the Orc menace, and their armies are constantly engaging the native tribes of Sharnhelm. Northpoint is a popular destination for Nord reavers, who often use the mountainous coast of Whitehaven as a safe harbor before continuing their raids further south. Callous and shortsighted, it is said that the King has little concern for the political intrigue in the Iliac Bay. The capital is Northpoint, and their leader is King Haskill Farr. The ruling culture is Breton, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Wayrest
Since its founding during the First Era, the city of Wayrest has been seen as a minor rival to the older, more established city of Daggerfall. But, since the beginning of the Interregnum the Kingdom of Wayrest has emerged as a true contender for control of the Iliac Bay. Formerly a family of wealthy merchants, the Gardner dynasty rose to prominence in 2E 439 and declared Wayrest to be a sovereign Kingdom. A period of careful negotiation and diplomacy followed, and Wayrest slowly began to dominate the trade of the Eastern Iliac. In 2E 813, the nation declared a formal embargo on the Kingdom of Daggerfall, although both sides seem reluctant to engage in further hostilities. Worldly and gregarious, the King is known to be a masterful diplomat. The capital is Wayrest, and their leader is King Alistair Gardner. The ruling culture is Breton, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of the Reach
In 2E 542, an invasion of Reachmen under the command of King Durcorach “the Implacable” swept through the warring kingdoms of High Rock. They were only turned back by the combined strength of the Daggerfall Covenant, when their army was finally defeated at the Battle of the Bhoriane Ford. For nearly three centuries the power of the Reachmen was shattered, and the few survivors retreated to their ancestral home to wage petty war against one another. Then, with the assistance of dark and forbidden hedge magicks, the fractured Reachmen were united once more in 2E 814 by the Briarhart Witch-King of Bruca’s Leap. Three years later, they crushed a combined army of Bretons and Nords during the Rape of Volskygge. Since then, the Reachmen have expelled the native Nord and Breton inhabitants of Volskygge and Jehenna, and they remain the dominant force in Skyrim. Mighty and terrifying, it is rumored that the Witch-King’s power comes from a covenant with powerful Daedra. The capital is The Reach, and their leader is the Witch-King Duanach. The ruling culture is Reachmen, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Hold of the Rift
Located between the Jerall and Velothi mountain ranges, The Rift is characterized by fertile valleys and serene forests. It is one of the few regions in Skyrim that does not receive snow year-round, and the soil is rich enough to support numerous farming communities that frequently export their surplus to the rest of Skyrim. Years of conflict against the heathen Dark Elves has hardened the men of The Rift, and they are among some of the best warriors in all of Skyrim. Following the death of High King Hrothmund,  Jarl Ragnar Elf-Hater capitalized on the crisis and conquered the region of Ansilvund. Although they nominally support the Kingdom of Solitude, in practice The Rift is a fully independent power. Cunning and pragmatic, the Jarl is eager to advance her standing in Nord politics. The capital is The Rift, and their leader is Jarl Aela Elf-Hater. The ruling culture is Nord, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Skaal
The Skaal are an offshoot tribe of Nords who live on the Island of Solstheim. They are a trusting and hospitable people, welcoming strangers into their village without any suspicion. They get all that they need from the land around them and do not often accept coin in trade from travelers. All life is sacred to the Skaal, and they try to live in harmony with nature, impacting their environment as little as possible. They hunt deer, bear, and horker, only to the extent necessary for survival, never for enjoyment or practice, and gather their firewood from dead trees that have already fallen. Wise and serene, their Shaman has led the tribe for many decades.  The capital is Solstheim, and their leader is Shaman Haldor Tree-Climber. The ruling culture is Nord, and the official religion is Skaal.

The Kingdom of Solitude
More cosmopolitan than the other Holds, Solitude was the first city in Skyrim to adopt the religion of the Alessian Empire. Ever since then, they have developed close economic ties with the Kingdoms of Cyrodiil, and they have maintained these relationships even after the fall of the First and Second Empires. As a result of their large trade network, they are the wealthiest Hold in Skyrim. Following the death of High King Hrothmund during the Rape of Volskygge in 2E 817, a brief succession war was fought between the two young sons of the High King. All agree that both were born on the same day, but disputes arose over the order of their birth. The results of this war were ultimately inconclusive, but the two brothers have maintained their rivalry ever since. The Jarls of Haafinger, Hjaalmarch, and The Pale aligned themselves with Prince Gunder, an ambitious and belligerent Nord that considers himself as the true High King of Skyrim. The capital is Haafinger, and their leader is High King Gunder Twice-Born. The ruling culture is Nord, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Hold of Whiterun
The barren landscape and windswept plains belie the hidden prosperity of Whiterun. Beneath the shadow of the Throat of the World rests an abundance of mineral wealth and the smiths of Whiterun are renowned for their high quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. Conservative and isolationist, the people of Whiterun still incorporate the old traditions of Atmora into their daily lives. Following the death of High King Hrothmund, his close friend Jarl Aldis Banner-Song gave his full support to Prince Lokir. Together they defeated the armies of Prince Gundur at Korvanjund, which led to the end of the war in 2E 819. Despite the fact that Whiterun is an independent power, they invariably support the Kingdom of Winterhold. Trustworthy and dutiful, the Jarl is known to be a man of his word. The capital is Whiterun, and their leader is Jarl Aldis Banner-Song. The ruling culture is Nord, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

The Kingdom of Winterhold
Allegedly whispered into existence by the Arch-Mage Shalidor in the First Era, the city of Winterhold is steeped in mystery and magic. The College of Winterhold has been an integral factor in establishing the influence of the city, and Winterhold is one of the few places in Skyrim where Mages and their ilk are held in high esteem. Following the death of High King Hrothmund during the Rape of Volskygge in 2E 817, a brief succession war was fought between the two young sons of the High King. All agree that both were born on the same day, but disputes arose over the order of their birth. The results of this war were ultimately inconclusive, but the two brothers have maintained their rivalry ever since. The Jarls of Winterhold and Eastmarch aligned themselves with Prince Lokir, a cautious and prudent Nord that considers himself as the true High King of Skyrim. The capital is Winterhold and their leader is High King Lokir Twice-Born. The ruling culture is Nord, and the official religion is Eight Divines.

Lore: Mer

The Altmer, or self-titled "Cultured People", are a tall, golden-skinned race, hailing from Summerset Isle. They are among the longest living and intelligent races of Tamriel, and they often become powerful magic users due to both their magical affinity and the many centuries they may devote to their studies. Altmer are thought to be the most direct, unaltered descendants of the original Aldmer, and the transition from one to the other is not very clear. The Altmer seemed to have changed by staying the same. When the Aldmer left their home island of Aldmeris, most if not all of them settled first in the Summerset Isle. Social clashes amongst the Aldmer would lead to a series of emigrations from Summerset Isle to regions all over Tamriel, notably under the prophet Veloth, which would lead to the great diversification of Elven races

The Ayleids, also known as the Wild Elves or Heartland High Elves, were the first race to establish an empire in Tamriel, and had ruled modern-day Cyrodiil for countless years dating back to before recorded history. Ayleidoon, their language, is similar to Aldmeris, the ancient language of the Aldmer. The Ayleids were the original founders of the Imperial City, which they called the "Temple of the Ancestors". However, their empire collapsed in the early First Era. While it's believed that the Ayleids remain in the wilds of every province on Tamriel, sightings have been few.

The Aldmer that arrived in Valenwood before the First Era found its dense forests inhabited by so many beasts that they could not hope to civilize it, so they had to fight and adapt to become predators instead of prey. Their adaption to life in Valenwood would create the Bosmer. Bosmer rejected the stiff, formal traditions of Aldmeri high culture, preferring a more romantic, simple existence in harmony with the land, its wild beauty and wild creatures. They are relatively nimble and quick in body and wit compared to their more "civilized" Altmer cousins, making them well-suited for a variety of professions, including scouts, thieves, traders and scholars.

Born from the ashes of the Battle of Red Mountain, the Dunmer are the modern descendants of the Chimer. The Chimer were an Aldmeri tribe of dissidents who abandoned the ways of Summerset Isle and embarked on a great exodus to Morrowind. They followed the prophet Veloth, who spoke to them on behalf of Boethiah, Azura and Mephala. The teachings of Veloth and the Daedra spawned a new culture on Tamriel and a new people, sparking a period of the High Velothi culture. They became a dynamic, ambitious, long-lived Elven clan devoted to fundamentalist ancestor worship. Their combination of powerful intellect and agile physique produced a culture of capable warriors and dangerous sorcerers. In character, they are grim, aloof, and reserved, as well as distrusting and disdainful of other races. Following the Battle of Red Mountain, a major rift developed between the mainland Dunmer and the savage Ashlanders that inhabited the island of Vvardenfell.

Pending

The Kingdom of Altmeris
Following the mysterious disappearance of Queen Ayrenn Arana in 2E 645, the mighty Aldmeri Dominion collapsed.  Soon after, the once mighty Kingdom of Alinor dissolved into dozens of warring city states. Fearing for their lives, most of the royal family fled to their holdings on the Isle of Balfiera in the Iliac Bay. But, one remained. The young Nerussa Arana, a distant niece of Queen Ayrenn, refused to leave her supporters in the capital city of Alinor. For thirteen years, she waged war against the cities of Cloudrest, Dusk, Shimmerene, and Sunhold, emerging victorious alongside her allies from Lillandril during the Siege of Cloudrest. For the past two hundred years, the Kingdom has prospered. But, the recent Camoran succession crisis in Valenwood has disturbed the peace, and the Altmer are deeply divided over the question of which Camoran, if any, deserves their support. Fiercely independent, the Queen has yet to intervene in the crisis, although she nominally supports the Kingdom of Falinesti. It is rumored that the Altmeris navy is the most powerful in the world. The capital is Alinor, and their leader is Queen Nerussa Arana. The ruling culture is Altmer, and the official religion is Auri-El.

The Kingdom of Auridon
Since the fall of the Aldmeri Dominion, the Kingdom of Auridon has maintained their independence from the rest of Alinor. When Queen Ayrenn Arana attempted to cross the sea and establish her rule in 2E 656, her superior fleet was miraculously turned back by the powerful sea-wizards of Skywatch. Notable for being the birthplace of the Mage’s Guild, the Isle of Auridon has always been steeped in magick, and the King has maintained a close relationship with the esoteric Psijic Order since its mysterious return in 2E 510. The Kingdom has yet to intervene in the Camoran succession crisis, although they have pledged their support to the Kingdom of Haven for reasons unknown. Cautious and enigmatic, little is known about the current King. The capital is Firsthold, and their leader is King Merandil Aundan. The ruling culture is Altmer, and the official religion is Auri-El.

The Electorate of Lillandril
Following the mysterious disappearance of Queen Ayrenn Arana in 2E 645, the mighty Aldmeri Dominion collapsed.  Soon after, the once mighty Kingdom of Alinor dissolved into dozens of warring city states. Despite the longstanding rivalry between Lillandril and Alinor, the Electorate of Lillandril was one of the few cities to openly support the self-proclaimed Queen Nerussa Arana, and their loyalty was duly rewarded. Following the Siege of Cloudrest, the city of Lillandril became a semi-autonomous client state, although they still pay tribute to Altmeris. Since the start of the Camoran succession crisis, Lord Magistrate Caranderel Hesene has been an outspoken advocate for intervention, and he has publically pledged his support to Anaxemes Camoran. Proud and impetuous, the Magistrate has close ties to the Thalmor in Silvenar. The capital is Lillandril, and their leader is Lord Magistrate Caranderel Hesene. The ruling culture is Altmer, and the official religion is Auri-El.

The Ashlander Tribes
In the Merethic Era, Ashlanders and Dunmer were very much alike and on equal footing, but since the days of the First Council and rise of the Great Houses, they have steadily been forced into the poorest and most hostile lands. Ashlanders travel along with their herds, camping wherever is suitable. Additional resources gained by hunting the local wildlife are used to manufacture huts, armors, clothing and general household items. Ashlander culture is the remains of the ancestor-worshipping tribal culture which the "civilized" Dunmer left behind. Recent persecution by the Great Houses and the Tribunal Temple has caused the four largest Ashlander tribes to band together under the leadership of the Erabenimsum, current colonization efforts by House Redoran and House Telvanni have been met with fierce resistance. Noble and respected, the High Chieftan listens to the words of the wise women. Their capital is Grazelands, and their leader is High Chieftan Patababi. Mabarrabael. The ruling culture is Ashlander, and the official religion is Nerevarine Cult.

Great House Dres
House Dres is located in the south of Morrowind, bordering the swamps and marshes of Black Marsh. House Dres is an agrarian agricultural society, and its large saltrice plantations rely completely on slave labor for their economic viability. Always firm Temple supporters, House Dres is hostile to any all foreign influences, and is particularly opposed to any attempts to limit the institution of slavery. They are strong supporters of the new King Endryn Indoril, and their role in the slave trade has forced them to tolerate the indiscretions of House Telvanni. Patient and cruel, the Grand Mistress has been known to pursue escaped slaves into the heart of Black Marsh. Their capital is Tear, and their leader is Grand Mistress Ervyna Dres. The ruling culture is Dunmer, and the official religion is Almsivi.

Great House Hlaalu
House Hlaalu has emerged as the economically dominant power among the Great Houses of Resdayn. Hlaalu still honors the old traditions, worshipping their ancestors and the Temple, but they are relatively radical in comparison to their peers. House Hlaalu welcomes innovations that stem from foreign cultures, and they are the only house that encourages freedom of trade and religion. Unlike the other Great Houses, which are largely hostile to outsiders, House Hlaalu aspires to live in peace and harmony with the other races, and to share their newfound growth and prosperity. Conflicts over territory and ideology have led to a fierce rivalry with both House Dres and House Redoran. Greedy and impatient, the Grand Master has never passed on a business opportunity. Their capital is Velothis and their leader is Grand Master Balen Hlaalu. The ruling culture is Dunmer, and the official religion is Almsivi.

Great House Indoril
House Indoril occupies the heartland of Morrowind, comprising the lands south of the Inner Sea and the eastern coast. The great city of Almalexia is located in Indoril District, and the Indoril are orthodox and conservative supporters of Almsivi and Temple authority. House Indoril is openly hostile to all foreign cultures and religions, and strictly enforces many traditional Dunmer customs and practices among the other great houses. Since the beginning of the Second Era, the Kingdom of Resdayn has been held by House Indoril, and the other Great Houses are legally obligated to swear fealty to the King. Unsurprisingly, the only House that has failed to do so since the coronation of King Endryn in 2E790 is House Telvanni. Privileged and reactionary, the King is rarely seen outside of the palace grounds. Their capital is Mournhold, and their leader is King Endryn Indoril. The ruling culture is Dunmer, and the official religion is Almsivi.

Great House Redoran
The Redoran prize the virtues of duty, gravity, and piety, and they value their strong martial tradition. Duty is to one's own honor, and to one's family and clan. Gravity is the essential seriousness of life. Life is hard, and events must be judged, endured, and reflected upon with due care and earnestness. Piety is respect for the gods, and the virtues they represent. A light, careless life is not worth living. Redoran settlements are built of local materials, with organic curves and undecorated exteriors inspired by the harsh and bleak landscape. They are staunch opponents of House Telvanni, whom they consider to be impious at best and heretical at worst. Orthodox and sanctimonious, the Grand Master is a model of Redoran virtues.Their capital is Blacklight, and their leader is Grandmistress Satyana Redoran. The ruling culture is Dunmer, and the official religion is Almsivi.

Great House Telvanni
The wizard-lords of House Telvanni have traditionally isolated themselves, pursuing wisdom and mastery in solitude, although a few lords, their retainers, and clients have entered whole-heartedly into fierce competition with the other Great Houses. According to Telvanni principles, the powerful define the standards of virtue, and their unorthodox practices have caused the other Houses to view House Telvanni with a mixture of fear and loathing.  Telvanni architecture is dominated by the wizards' tower, a fantastic organic form grown and sculpted from stems, caps, and root-like holdfasts of the giant native mushrooms. Open-air markets often include the giant cages displaying the wares of their ruthless slave masters. Quiet and secretive, it is rumored that the Grand Master conducts horrible experiments on his slaves. Their capital is Telvannis, and their leader is Grandmaster Orthrelos Telvanni. The ruling culture is Dunmer, and the official religion is Almsivi.

The Council of Eldenroot
The Bosmer of Eldenroot were the first to enter into the covenant with Y’ffre, and legend has it that the Green Pact was signed in blood on the bark of the Elden Tree, the enormous and ancient graht-oak that purportedly seeded all of Valenwood. Unsurprisingly, the Bosmer of Eldenroot devoutly adhere to the terms of the Green Pact, so much so that they have managed to maintain their independence as a religious hierocracy. Loyal supporters to the former King Eplear IV, the warrior-priests of Eldenroot were often tasked with enforcing the terms of the Green Pact, and their rigid devotion to their faith has brought them into conflict with the heathen Ayleids and Bosmer that live north of the Grahtwood. As a result, they strongly oppose Anaxemes Camoran’s claim to the throne of Valenwood. In spite of this tension, Eldenroot has remained officially neutral during the current succession crisis, and Falinesti and Haven have both made generous overtures in an attempt to garner the favor of the Council of Eldenroot. Zealous and impassioned, the High Priestess is extremely hostile to foreign settlers. The capital is Eldenroot, and their leader is High Priestess Selene Anoriath. The ruling culture is Bosmer, and the official religion is Green Pact.

The Kingdom of Falinesti
Following the death of King Eplear IV in 2E 827, Prince Thadon ascended to the throne in a lavish and regal ceremony where he partook in the flesh of his father before sharing it with the rest of the royal family. However, his reign would be short-lived. One year later, King Thadon II was found dead along the banks of the Xylo River, having been drowned by an unknown assailant during his annual hunting trip to Haven. And, in less than a fortnight, the once peaceful Kingdom of Valenwood was engulfed in Civil War. After hearing of how his brother Cirwedh feasted upon Thadon without the attendance of the royal family, Crown Prince Nedhelorn declared him to be a traitor and an outlaw. As the second eldest son of King Eplear, Nedhelorn’s claim to the throne is legally strong, and a large number of military veterans and supporters of King Thadon have flocked to his cause. But, because he was unable to participate in the coronation ceremony, many of the more fanatical Bosmer have sided with Cirwedh, claiming that Y’ffre’s favor rests in the hands of his youngest brother. The capital is Falinesti, and their leader is King Nedhelorn Camoran. The ruling culture is Bosmer, and the official religion is Green Pact.

The Kingdom of Haven
Following the death of King Eplear IV in 2E 827, Prince Thadon ascended to the throne in a lavish and regal ceremony where he partook in the flesh of his father before sharing it with the rest of the royal family. However, his reign would be short-lived. One year later, King Thadon II was found dead along the banks of the Xylo River, having been drowned by an unknown assailant during his annual hunting trip to Haven. By the following night, Cirwedh, the youngest son of King Eplear and the Prince of Haven, feasted upon his brother Thadon’s flesh during an impromptu coronation ceremony. During the ceremony, he accused his elder brother Nedhelorn of foul murder, and the once peaceful Kingdom of Valenwood was engulfed in Civil War. Eager and impulsive, the young King Cirwedh has been met with success on the battlefield, having successfully broken a blockade by the Falinesti navy. However, many Bosmer feel that his abrupt coronation was illegal, and even the people of Haven question the untimely nature of his brother’s death. The capital is Haven, and their leader is King Cirwedh Camoran. The ruling culture is Bosmer, and the official religion is Green Pact.

The Kingdom of Silvenar
Following the tragic death of King Eplear III in 2E 827, Prince Thadon ascended to the throne in a lavish and regal ceremony where he partook in the flesh of his father before sharing it with the rest of the royal family. Notably, the King’s third eldest son, an alleged bastard by the name of Anaxemes, did not participate in the ceremony. When Anaxemes heard of his brother’s untimely demise, he accused Prince Nedhelorn of murdering Thadon and immediately fled from the capital of Falinesti to the northern province of Silvenar. With the support of an Elven political faction known as the Thalmor, Anaxemes declared himself to be the rightful heir to the throne of Valenwood. An allegedly brilliant tactician and charismatic leader, Anaxemes is widely beloved by the Bosmer of Northern Valenwood. However, many in the south question his heritage and his religious devotion, and some fear that he is merely a puppet for the Thalmor. The capital is Silvenar, and their leader is King Anaxemes Camoran. The ruling culture is Bosmer, and the official religion is Green Pact.

Lore: Beast-folk

Argonians are the little-understood reptilian denizens of Black Marsh. Years of defending their borders have made the Argonians experts in guerrilla warfare, and their natural abilities make them equally at home in water and on land. They have developed natural immunities to the diseases and poisons that have doomed many would-be explorers and conquerors of the region, and have been known to exude a sharp, faintly sulfurous odor when agitated. Very old Argonians can be distinguished by their paler, even translucent, scales. Their seemingly expressionless faces belie a calm intelligence, and many Argonians are well-versed in the magical arts. Others rely on stealth or steel to survive, and their natural agility makes them adept at either. They are, in general, a reserved people, slow to trust and hard to know, yet they are fiercely loyal, and will fight to the death for those they have named as friends. Argonian society is divided along tribal and cultural lines, and a number of distinct cultures have been identified, including the Agaceph, Agaceph, the Paatru, and the Sarpa. The Agaceph have narrow snouts and faces and range in color from bright green to orange. They are frequently captured by the Dunmer and used as slaves, which has made them cautious and timid. The Archein are a powerful tribe with a close affinity for magick. They frequently conduct raids on their neighbors, and at times they have even dabbled in the slave trade, capturing other Argonians and selling them to the Dunmer. The Paatru, best described as toad-like, live along the coast of the Topal Sea, and are one of the few tribes to regularly conduct trade with Men and Mer. The Sarpa have been described as winged, and live in the northern highlands of Argonia. Of all the tribes, theirs is the most martial, as they have repeatedly come into conflict with with those who would wish to encroach upon their land.

Khajiit are a race of feline humanoids hailing from the province of Elsweyr, well-known for their keen intelligence and agility. The Lunar Lattice determines the form a Khajiit assumes in life, according to the phases of Masser and Secunda at the time of their birth; while Khajiiti newborns appear incredibly similar to one another at birth, their future form becomes clear in a matter of weeks. There are rumored to be "more than twenty" forms of Khajiit, but six are the most common: Ohmes and Ohmes-raht, Suthay and Suthay-raht, and Cathay and Cathay-raht. In many ways the Ohmes and Ohmes-raht are similar to the Bosmer, although most Ohmes tattoo their faces to resemble a feline-aspect. The Ohmes are the most common form seen outside of the province of Elsweyr, taking advantage of other races' preference to their appearance to serve in positions of ambassadorship and trade. Save for their tails and short, light-colored fur, the Ohmes-raht may easily be mistaken as men or mer at a distance. Unlike many species of Khajiit who walk like cats upon the balls of their feet, the Ohmes and Ohmes-raht walk upon their heels. Similar in height and build to the race of man, the Suthay and Suthay-raht are two of the most common breeds of Khajiit. Their coloring ranges from dark brown and orange, to light yellow, both with and without stripes and spots. Suthay and Suthay-raht are often referred to as "Ja'Khajiit" (meaning "kitten") by those of other races. Similar to the Suthay-raht in appearance and bi-pedalism, the Cathay and Cathay-raht are found most often in the jungles of southern Elsweyr.  These Khajiit possess greater stature and strength than their counterparts. Larger and stronger than the Cathay, the Cathay-raht are often described by non-Khajiit races as "jaguar-men."

Orcs, who call themselves the Orsimer, are a beastlike people of the Wrothgarian Mountains, Dragontail Mountains, and Orsinium. They are noted for their unshakable courage in war and their unflinching endurance of hardships. Orcs are widely feared and hated by the other nations and races of Tamriel, and considered to be goblin-ken. Orcish society is centered on their stronghold settlements, each one striving for complete independence in all matters.

Pending

The Agaceph Tribe
The Knahaten Flu was one of the deadliest diseases to infect the populace of Tamriel, lasting for 43 years. The Knahaten Flu began in the city of Stormhold in 2E 560, and quickly spread to every corner of Black Marsh and beyond, killing the non-Argonian settlers of Black Marsh. It continued to plague Tamriel unabated, until finally, four decades later in the year 2E 603, the last cases of the Flu were being documented. For a while the Agaceph prospered. But, the slavers of House Dres soon returned, and they have continually preyed upon the Agaceph during the past century. Little is known about the Agaceph Treespeaker, but it is said that he has entered into a negotiations with the warlike Sarpa. The capital is Thorn, and their leader is Treespeaker Jaree-Ra. The ruling culture is Agaceph, and the official religion is Hist.

The Archein Tribe
The Archein were one of the few tribes that did not benefit from the Knahaten Flu, as much of their economy revolved around the capture and sale of Argonian slaves to foreigners. When the foreigners died off, the Archein power structure crumbled, and it was only in 2E 691 that they managed to recover. Since then, they have continued the practice of slave, hunting, and they often utilize powerful magicks to ensnare their prey. The Archein Treespeaker is known by the other tribes as a cruel and heartless sorcerer. The capital is Lilmoth, and their leader is Treespeaker Wujeeta. The ruling culture is Archein, and the official religion is Hist.

The Paatru Tribe
During the Knahaten Flu, the Paatru tribe retreated back into the heart of the Black Marsh. When they returned in 2E 603, they found the remains of the colonial settlements, untouched and uninhabited. Seizing the opportunity, the Paatru scavenged  the goods, materials and even ships that the settlers had left behind, and they used these wares to establish trading routes across the Topal Sea.  Paatru traders often import wood from the marsh to the Bosmer Kingdoms of Valenwood. Shrewd and pragmatic, the Paatru Treespeaker was rumored to be a smuggler in his youth. The capital is Soulrest, and their leader is Treespeaker Pad-Ei. The ruling culture is Paatru, and the official religion is Hist.

The Sarpa Tribe
When the Knahaten Flu began in the city of Stormhold, the settlers found themselves fighting a war on two fronts. Soon after, a large force of Sarpa warriors stormed the city, and those who did not die from the disease were slaughtered. Perhaps it was this massacre that led to the rumors of a Sarpa shaman who, in retaliation to the subjugation of his people by the other races. Regardless of the nature of the disease, this event has characterized the Sarpa ever since. Warlike and fiercely independent, the warriors from the Sarpa tribe are often employed as mercenaries by other Argonians, although their fierce opposition to slavery has brought them into conflict with the Archein on numerous occasions. Adventurous compared to other Argonians, Sarpa are occasionally known to travel far outside the boundaries of the Black Marsh, where they form small, isolated communities along coasts and rivers. Their Treespeaker is an accomplished warrior, and it is said that he knows the land like the scales on his hand. The capital is Stormhold, and their leader is Treespeaker Dan-Kur. The ruling culture is Sarpa, and the official religion is Hist.

The Ta of Anequina
Since the First Era, Elsweyr had been dominated by two rival kingdoms: Anequina and Pellitine. In 2E 309, Ta'ra Kiergo of Anequina married Ta'ri E****a of Pellitine, and the two rival Ta merged to form the Elsweyr Confederacy. For a time, this peace was successful. But, the union created a longstanding tension in Khajiit society. After the unification, power shifted from two separate Ta, each with their own royal family and allied tribes, to a class of empowered nobility. The various tribes felt that their royal families had betrayed them, and the fall of the Second Empire sparked a bloody insurrection. Chieftains forgot their ancient sugar-vendettas and signed treaties of their own, and before long the cities of Anequina and Pellitine were under constant attack. In Anequina, the uprising was successful. An alliance of tribes, led by the fearsome warrior Do’drassa Mahkar, purged the ruling class and formed a new Ta that has strictly upheld the traditional customs and religion of the Khajiit tribal culture. As a result, the Ta of Anequina often comes into conflict with its neighbors, as the tribes indiscriminately practice a form of limited tribal warfare on a regular basis. Fearless and frightening, the Ta'ra is known to be a peerless warrior. The capital is Orcrest, and their leader is Ta'ra Do’razirr Mahkar. The ruling culture is Suthay and Suthay-raht, and the official religion is Alkosh Pantheon.

The Ta of Pellitine
Since the First Era, Elsweyr had been dominated by two rival kingdoms: Pellitine and Anequina. In 2E 309, Ta'ri E****a of Pellitine married Ta'ra Kiergo of Anequina, and the two rival Ta merged to form the Elsweyr Confederacy. For a time, this peace was successful. But, the union created a longstanding tension in Khajiit society. After the unification, power shifted from two separate kingdoms, each with their own royal family and allied tribes, to a class of empowered nobility. The various tribes felt that their royal families had betrayed them, and the fall of the Second Empire sparked a bloody insurrection. Chieftains forgot their ancient sugar-vendettas and signed treaties of their own, and before long the cities of Anequina and Pellitine were under constant attack. After the fall of Anequina, the religious and spiritual prophet Rid-T'har-ri'Datta, bestowed to the warring classes equality under the bi-lunar shadow, dividing their power in accordance with two-moons-dance of the ja-K'hanay. This established a rotational power base in which both sides of Khajiit society, the city-dwellers under the nobility and the nomadic tribes of the desert chieftains, shared alternate control of the Kingdom based on the phases of Masser and Secunda. This doctrine became known as the Riddle’T’har, and the title Mane was bestowed upon the prophet. Since then, the Ta of Pellitine has become a theocratic state under the guidance of the Mane. The current Mane is akin to his predecessors: pious and serene. The capital is Torval, and their leader is Mane Rid-T’har-ri’Datta XVII. The ruling culture is Suthay and Suthay-raht, and the official religion is Riddle’T’har.

The Ta of Rimmen
Rimmen is a major cosmopolitan city in Eastern Elsweyr, and is home to a variety of races other than Khajiit.  The city has served as home to mercantile caravans since before time was recorded by men, but their trading relationships were often disrupted by the belligerent actions of their tribal neighbors. Then, after being threatened with a blockade by the Kingdom of Nibenay, J’baana Mahkar, Ta'ja of The Rim and the youngest son of Ta'ra Do’razirr Mahkar of Anequina, seceded from the Ta of Anequina in 2E 812. Knowing that his new Ta would face constant attacks from his father, Ta'ja J’baana declared allegiance to the Mane and formally renounced the old tribal religion of his forefathers. Faced with losing half of his Ta or fighting a war against two enemies, Ta'ra Do’razzir reluctantly accepted his son’s demands, and the two kingdoms settled into an uneasy peace. Though ostensibly its own kingdom, Rimmen pays tribute to the Mane of Pellitine. Cunning and adventurous, the young Ta'ja is known to travel abroad for long periods of time. The capital is The Rim, and their leader is Ta'ja J’baana Mahkar. The ruling culture is Suthay and Suthay-raht, and the official religion is Riddle’T’har.

The Stronghold of Orsinium
Beaten, ostracized, and humiliated, the Orcs of the Wrothgarian Mountains are a forsaken people. Since the First Era, the Stronghold of Orsinium has risen and fallen countless times. The last major Stronghold fell in 2E 651 after a long and brutal campaign that pitted the Orcs against their former allies in the Daggerfall Covenant. Driven into the mountains and forced to scratch a meager living off rocks by their Breton neighbors, the Orcs of today live a harsh life. Then, in 2E 798 the ambitious warlord Shogrot gro-Lurgdun declared himself as High Chief. Eager for a chance to restore their former glory, hundreds of tribes flocked to his Stronghold, and the glory of Orsinium was reborn. Determined and resourceful, it is said that the High Chief is constantly preparing for the inevitable onslaught of his hostile neighbors. The capital is Orsinium, and their leader is High Chief Shogrot gro-Lurgdun. The ruling culture is Orsimer, and the official religion is Cult of Malacath.

The Skaal Tribe are looking for trade partners - particularly to import Organics, though we also have goods to export. Please get in touch if interested.

We're sending caravans out. Getting involved with our traderoads means that you can get goods from any other place on their travels, and sell stuff to them to boot. We all win. Contact me for details if you want to make an arrangement beyond "Trade with them as and when they pass through."

Greetings all. I'm going to be a bit busy for the next few days but I'll be a lot more free in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom