[BoP: Archives] Balance of Power Alt-1919:

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
your nightmare said:
Since this is my first game, I have a few (probably noob) questions:

A trade agreement between overseas countries doesn't need convoys ? Except if it's a trade X steel for Y credits ?

How does technology work ? Do I invest credits into a field and that results in new inventions, or do I invest credits in a field and specify what I want it to yield (e.g. a super fast tractor with flames on the side)?

A civilian trade agreement overseas does not need convoys. If you're buying resources, you do need them.

You invest credits into a field, and it might take a decent amount of investment and a couple turns before your technology levels up. You could however also deviate from the standard 4 technology groups and invest in something like, say, chemical weapons or things to protect yourself against chemical weapons.

By the way, I've only mentioned this to a couple people so far, but chemical weapons do exist in this timeline and haven't earned the stigma they earn in our real life World War I. So people might still be eager to use them...

Could you post the rules on producing military supplies?

Ah, military supplies are produced by output, at a rate of 5 per. Next year's country card will show your deficit or surplus of military supplies. It also appears I forgot to write how much different units consume from that. I apologize for that. However in the first turn there are no surpluses or deficits of any refined resources, because no one has refined anything yet, so for now don't worry about it.

Yes, this is the Vic2 map, but I cleared away all the province borders and made the country borders look darker. I think it has a good effect. :wink:

Yeah, it is nice indeed. I`ll be keeping an eye on this thread. I`ll try my luck to join, if a place becomes vacant. Too bad the balkan nations are absent, though. :sad:

The Balkans theater was basically entirely Greece and Turkey fighting it out, as Serbia never shot any archduke to get Austria-Hungary to start ****ing around down there.

Which reminds me that I need to tell the Turkey player about his history...

By the way, I meant to do this before. I know in previous BoPs it was difficult to gauge how you compared with other countries. Therefore I have calculated the mean, the averages of output, to give players an idea of where they stand compared to others of similar caliber.

Major Powers:
Average Output: 142

Regional Powers:
Average Output: 52

Thane Delphi said:
Do I manually have to tell my industry to process my raw goods?

Also what constitutes a turn?

No, your raw resource industry will produce by itself (It should say under raw material income something like iron +X/year) the only involvement that is require of you in this industry is to expand production, or to refine the resource.

And I would also like to know when the turns deadline is.

I don't know the deadline yet. Depends on how fast this turn seems to be moving.

I would estimate sometime in the next 2 weeks or the beginning of October.

Are all the cards being sent out at once each turn? I.e. everyone at the same time or will it be just as you finish them.

I'd like to suggest the people in wars or where something interesting is happening get theirs first so it can be discussed in the thread.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
Are all the cards being sent out at once each turn? I.e. everyone at the same time or will it be just as you finish them.

I'd like to suggest the people in wars or where something interesting is happening get theirs first so it can be discussed in the thread.

They will be sent out to everyone each turn at the same time. Though I suppose it is indeed possible for some people to get theirs first, I hadn't thought of it before.

EDIT: If anyone has any questions about their cards or anything in general feel free to PM me or message me on Steam, Skype, etc.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
By the way, I meant to do this before. I know in previous BoPs it was difficult to gauge how you compared with other countries. Therefore I have calculated the mean, the averages of output, to give players an idea of where they stand compared to others of similar caliber.

Major Powers:
Average Output: 142

Regional Powers:
Average Output: 52
What about credits-wise?

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
They will be sent out to everyone each turn at the same time. Though I suppose it is indeed possible for some people to get theirs first, I hadn't thought of it before.

It's just that the thread dies when the orders are being processed and usually if all the reports go out at once the thread doesn't pick up for too long as all the information is released in one burst and that means that sometimes events go undiscussed.

RoboSenshi said:
Spain signing in. This should be interesting also I'm surprised no one is playing as Portugal.

Spain is more important in the timeline then Portugal. The Treaty that ended the great war was signed in Madrid, as the country card will tell you. :razz:

I am also surprised no one picked Portugal though. They still have some overseas colonies, although unlike other colonial powers they don't really have a navy or merchant marine anymore.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
Pimple_of_Pixels said:

It's just that the thread dies when the orders are being processed and usually if all the reports go out at once the thread doesn't pick up for too long as all the information is released in one burst and that means that sometimes events go undiscussed.

True. We'll see what happens. Most likely I'll have some sort of inter-turn system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom