[BoP: 1910] BoP: Europe 1910 - Introduction/Application Thread

1910 - Try again?

• Restart in 1901

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Restart in 1910

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Continue the last 1910 game

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Let the dead rest! This is a weird idea of how to do BoP anyway.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So. That 1910 died a long time ago is probably pretty obvious to everyone. My refusal to admit so is the only reason I never officially declared it, and there was no reason to preach an accepted reality anyway.

I underestimated the workload of TaleWorlds BoP and overestimated my ability to handle it (a reality that catches every host sooner or later, I believe, regardless of how many BoPs they have already hosted. Ambition gets the better of you.) Preventing the BoP from ballooning was particularly difficult for me.

For a start, extending it to the rest of the world was never intended.
Also, where I come from, players never received significant player-specific reports handcrafted just for them. Everything significant was laid out in the global report available to everybody, and results of orders mailed to the host were processed by the host and the results just given to the player without a big parade. Which does make hosting a game with 20+ players a whole lot easier, but also less engaging for the players. Certainly when compared, anyway. I think it's also partly a different philosophy. Whereas BoPs on TaleWorlds seem to be about world-building just as much as player-interaction; BoPs on War of Rights/Flying Squirrel were mainly about player-interaction, diplomacy and warfare. That's also one of the reasons why it included 20+ players and no "AI" to speak of. With a large number of players comes a lot of interaction.
With 1910, I tried to fuse both. But it ballooned too much.

Now, with a bit more time on my hands, I would like to give this another try. But different this time. I would prefer moving away from TW-Philosophy and toward WoR/FSE-Philosophy. Meaning that reports are stripped down to technical information and events are mainly touched on in the global report. With the aim being that the narrative is driven mainly by the players via their public and private interaction. This allows me to maintain the same number of players while ensuring a faster-than-usual process time. This, in turn, allows players to be more active and more engaged. You will be writing less to the host and more to your fellow players. I understand that this is a change from how things are usually done around here, but I would encourage you to give it a try. It's certainly different, but not inherently worse.

The significant question I wish to ask is: Should 1910 be reanimated and picked up where it was left off or would a clean start be preferable?

If it was restarted, I would maintain the same period, but probably push the start date back to 1901, just after the death of Victoria. While technology and culture are largely the same, I believe this provides even more space for alternate history than the 1910 start date. If this proves unpopular, though, maintaining a start date in 1910 would be the way forward.

Or, we can continue the "current" 1910 game. However, I would only wish to do this if the majority of players that participated in that BoP were willing to do so. I see little reason in finding new players to replace potentially major players and instruct them about events that lay so far in the past. It had an interesting story so far, and it would be unfortunate to see it discarded. In any case, there will probably be changes to the game mechanics, but for now, this is merely about checking whether there is any will to do this at all.

Is there interest? If so, what's your pick?

I'm in favor of continuing the present game. I'm a ride or die binch, and I'd rather keep a game going rather than start a new one at this point.

I voted to restart in 1910 but only because I’m not sure other players will all still be here. However, the best case scenario would be to continue the current game.
The setting is quiet fun with alma’s crazyness.
I also want to aplaud you Sarado for being committed and brave enough to continue this game. That takes a lot.
Anyways I have email notifications on. So, if there is a continuation please post something in this thread so I get notified. I don’t really check the forum just to check it

gustav-v-1.jpg

Gustaf V, eagerly waiting for the game to continue.

I would happily return as Italy (or any country needed, I suppose) regardless of the outcome. The simplicity of this 1910 even when it was trying to emulate the usual Talewords style was appealing in its own way, was a decent change of pace and fun to research for. There's certainly no one right way to do a BoP and it's not like our style has had much success lately, to be honest.

Either way I'm not super invested in the narrative we were building in 1910 and don't especially care about if we continue, restart, or go back to 1901, though the latter sounds pretty cool if turns are also longer. In any case I voted to continue but I feel like restarting is probably more likely unless everyone returns.

I would restart or continue(I voted for continue) I enjoyed the format - avoided the deep details that usually delays processing(but greatly increases immersion) different facets but both fun!

Sorry but I'm not particularly interested in playing a tiny nation of Japan that you yourself seemed reluctant to include to begin with and only did so because you wanted to wait even longer for someone who let you down as an A-H player.

I would rather have it be restarted either in 1901 and 1910 and play the nation I actually wanted to play to begin with than be relegated to Japan because you ended up waiting for Eternal to (not) show up for another few months.

Besides you seemed to continually bring up how you didn't want to expand the map outside into the entire world and me as Japan literally forces that on you, while me as A-H would not.

I am ready and eager to continue playing as Denmark or whoever is needed. In my humble opinion, the campaign should restart in 1910 or 1901, though.

"The setting is quiet fun with alma’s crazyness.
I also want to aplaud you Sarado for being committed and brave enough to continue this game. That takes a lot."

Agreed.

P. S. I don't know how to quote stuff, so bare with me this definetely superior version of Taleworlds.

A restart would be fine. No offense, but as far as I remember there wasn't that much progress and not much would be lost. Not to mention, It's been so long I've literally forgotten what I was doing, who I was talking to, what my plans were, where I was gonna do stuff, and even literally forgotten names of players and who they were playing and what they were doing. :/

I'm down for returning as Romania as well. 1901 idea sounds great, allows more wiggle room for alternate history or trying to follow a different version of the same history.

I don't even remember who Austria-Hungary was. I hope my Nation Card template proved useful to you though

Edit: Also, maybe the poll at the top should allow multiple options, because I'd be down for 1910 as well

Back
Top Bottom