Bonnerlord Out of EA and Full Released

Users who are viewing this thread

bestmods168

Sergeant at Arms
So, a lot of people are wondering when bannerlord will be out of ea and be fully released.
Some even think that in one full swoop, it will just be released. Well, I just checked steam and...

If we go check steam, we can see that

I for one prefer it not to be out of ea so that it will continued to be worked on and improved.
Although TW keeps going back and forth on features, I do admit that they've made some
positive improvements to the game. Even when people claim that certain quests cannot be
completed, I've managed to complete them. It did take a little searching around the nearby
villages to get the quests completed, but they were completed nevertheless. People are just
not trying hard enough.

Bannerlord out of EA and Full Released? I hope not anytime soon.

I guess one of the main gripes most people have isn't about bugs or anything like that..
The gripe is about TW not wanting to bring back features from previous titles, not implementing ideas that were planned (pre-EA dev blog) or even communicating what is the current vision for the game...

I agree with the OP, but for different reasons. I don't want the game to be released yet because it isn't finished yet and still has a lot of problems that need fixing.

Taleworlds probably needs another year or so of work before this game will be in a near-to-finished state.

The quicker OR, the quicker modders can FIX DA GAME and massively improve it, this is why TW is hesitant to release.

THIS!

TW isn´t willing to change/add anything significant that wasn´t announced yet. But still they take ages for only small improvements. They are also still good for making stuff even worse.

I want them to just get the rest done and release it so the dedicated people can take over and make the game good, even if it´s wrong but there is no other chance for getting a good Bannerlord experience.

Banners when???

I for one prefer it not to be out of ea so that it will continued to be worked on and improved.
No, no, no. 10 years for ****ss sake. 10 years and this is what we got. What do you think what will happen if this shhit show continiues. The game need to be out of EA asap. Then maybe modders will redeem B a n n e r l o r d.

No, no, no. 10 years for zugss sake. 10 years and this is what we got. What do you think what will happen if this shhit show continiues.
Well, at their current rate of progress, they should actually be done making the vanilla game fun and stable within 2 years or less.

Is that too long considering how long it's been already? Yes, but that's better than the alternative - hoping modders will fix the game and having to deal with the many crashes, conflicts, and project abandonments that come from relying on modders to fix the base game.
The game need to be out of EA asap. Then maybe modders will redeem B a n n e r l o r d
Relying on mods to make a game work is a bad idea.

Mods should be for *expanding* a game, not for *fixing* it.

So, don't encourage Taleworlds to stop doing their job. Encourage them to do their job faster and better.

The game is pretty stable for me even with mods. The last time I played (1.7.0, with mods) I only had like 2-3 crashes in ~10 hours. Mods will just add depth and balance things that TW don´t care about. You remember that we had working Banners some weeks after release and we are still missing them from TW even if TW had shown them like 4-5 years ago during their hype train phase? What progress did Bannerlord made (gameplay, depth) between 1.7.0 and 1.7.2 in like 12 weeks? Zero if you ask me...

Some time ago I also said that it can´t be right that modders need to fix the game, but TW clearly communicated that there isn´t much to come or to change until they consider it done. But it seems they need like 6+ months from now on to even add the stuff they announced to come and even that is not much! Modders are the only ones that can make Bannerlord a very good game with depth. TWs vision is a Call of Duty Medieval with some strategic map features (+ esports lol).

I don't want this game to stay in EA indefinitely. People keep throwing the 10 year figure like it means something, forgetting that they made atleast 1 false start (they said that in one of the early devblogs) with the engine, but that's beside the point.
I think this game should just be a competently made platform for an action-rpg medieval sandbox, where the player is free to make choices and the userbase at large is given the tools to expand and refine said choices. They really shouldn't be doing much else than improving moddability.

As much as people are disappointed, this just isn't a Bethesda situation where the game is barely held together and breaks at the slightest inconvenience (I really hate Skyrim and will fight people to prove it).

I really hate Skyrim and will fight people to prove it
will-smith-oscars.gif

Yeah, tracking what is grown in the villages and which villages sells their goods into which cities and which products in the cities produced by which goods the villagers sold and planning your trade routes accordingly was fun for me.

I guess one of the main gripes most people have isn't about bugs or anything like that..
The gripe is about TW not wanting to bring back features from previous titles, not implementing ideas that were planned (pre-EA dev blog) or even communicating what is the current vision for the game...
This.

However none of that is relevant to anyone anymore since TW has made their mind up about these matters. They aren't interested in keeping their pre-EA promises and they aren't interested in what direction the WB-veterans would like the game to go.

As things now stand an earlier release might even benefit the game as it becomes an open playingfield for modders.

I don't want this game to stay in EA indefinitely. People keep throwing the 10 year figure like it means something, forgetting that they made atleast 1 false start (they said that in one of the early devblogs) with the engine
This is a myth isn't it? Besides even if they had restarted from scratch the 10 year development is still true.
(I really hate Skyrim and will fight people to prove it).
Correct and basedpilled opinion.
The game is pretty stable for me even with mods. The last time I played (1.7.0, with mods) I only had like 2-3 crashes in ~10 hours.
What mods do you use?
You remember that we had working Banners some weeks after release and we are still missing them from TW even if TW had shown them like 4-5 years ago during their hype train phase?
I believe Banners will probably be delivered some time this year, as they were announced in the Future Plans post, multiple things from that post have since been added, and Taleworlds is hesitant nowadays to announce anything they aren't actually sure they can do.
Battle Terrain System, Companion Peerage, and Order of Battle were delivered.
Banner Bearers, Party Templates, Cut Scenes, Claimant Quests, Voiceover and Sally Out are yet to be delivered.
Considering Banner Bearers is first on their list after the stuff that has already been delivered, it is even possible that it is their next feature priority.
What progress did Bannerlord made (gameplay, depth) between 1.7.0 and 1.7.2 in like 12 weeks? Zero if you ask me...
"Not enough" isn't the same as "zero". Hyperbole isn't helpful, we should keep our criticism accurate to make it good and constructive criticism.

From 1.7.0-1.7.2, if you are counting 1.7 itself we got bug/crash/performance/modding fixes, the Battle Terrain system, 23 field battle scenes, the Order of Battle system, formation morale and morale improvements, major siege AI fixes, and Charm perks/item prices/Battanian troop tree reworks. From 1.7.1-.2 we got many more bug/crash/performance/save compatibility/modding fixes, ranked matchmaking for MP, campaign AI changes, numerous troop equipment changes, gameplay affecting dialogue with prisoners/prison guards/tavern keepers, 9 armour pieces, filling out of the encyclopaedia and fixing of almost all English localisation typos/grammar issues (though to be fair, I did 50% of the work for them), and 9 new armour pieces.

It's also worth noting that a lot of employees probably went on holiday in the December-January period, as is normal for many businesses. This would explain why 1.7.1 made essentially no gameplay content changes.
but TW clearly communicated that there isn´t much to come or to change until they consider it done.
Well let's look at what they actually said.

We have 4 major/medium features announced as mentioned above, then also they said "we will also balance and improve all existing features including AI, skill gains, armour effectiveness etc, and expand content such as issue quests, music and sounds, animations, models (including crafting pieces), artwork, etc." And "this is not an exhaustive list and you should expect a few additional surprises in addition to the planned features outlined below."

"Few" means three or more. There are 9 more features they haven't announced which Bannerlord would need to be a feature complete game and good sequel: Feasts, the criminal enterprise system, manhunters, noble duels, escape fights, assassin attempts, lords visiting your keep (or some substitute like a messenger system), skill books (or skill trainers), and minor faction bases.
But it seems they need like 6+ months from now on to even add the stuff they announced to come and even that is not much! Modders are the only ones that can make Bannerlord a very good game with depth.
I think it was always intended this way. Bannerlord was built as broad as an ocean (covering six genres- grand strat, slasher, rpg, trade sim, multiplayer, tactics) and shallow as a baby pool, with the modding tools to add depth where people desire. We could never expect it to be as broad as an ocean and equally as deep, no game studio has ever accomplished that. They also didn't promise insane depth.

I want to see Bannerlord become a fun vanilla game and solid feature complete base for modding which people can then expand, rather than having to fill in the gaps first, and I think Taleworlds can accomplish that in less than 2 years.

Last edited:
I want to see Bannerlord become a fun vanilla game and solid feature complete base for modding which people can then expand, rather than having to fill in the gaps first, and I think Taleworlds can accomplish that in less than 2 years.
That's my exact opinion of warband by the way

They can deliver this. But if this is not the "intended" vision, then they won't...

Back
Top Bottom