Body and Face

Users who are viewing this thread

Yiyang Chen

Regular
Is there a mod that makes the body look better, 'cause I think the body has a few problems, and I have a few ideas.

1. Well, the game has great graphic, I don't admit it, but the body mesh looks abit too rough, can anyone make a better model. I tried it a few times... or mabye a lot of times but I don't know how to make models with skeletons so, it became crap... What I mean is I want a model with more faces, the body is Ok when you see it far away but when you look at it it's not that comfortable, well you know what I mean.

2. Everybody knows when you kill looters (well the nakad ones, I mean the ones with underwear), their necks look weird, it looks like their necks were cut off and put on other bodies. I think it looks weird maybe you change that by editing the face textures or changing the body color, or whatever.

3. I hope there will be a mod that can make the people in the game talk, the people's mouthes are always closed. You know it's kinda wierd seeing people howling and shouting with their mouthes closed. Well you'll have to change the skeleton.

4. If you can make the mouthes open, it would be really easy to make the characters with mad faces happy faces ond sad faces, or maybe close their eyes.

5. Well there are definitely gonna be mods with explosions, so is there anyway to make the dead not always have a whole body. it would be great if a hand flying ten meters away from the explosions, and a head with no neck half burned, it would be kinda bloody but realistic.

If there are mods like that post a link. Thank you

It's the color of the skin on their face, I suppose you could make it so the two skin tones matched, but that would be some work just for looks, despite the fact you only look at it for a slight second when you kill them.

Well that would be easy, but I still really really want to know if there's anyway to make people talk with their mouth open

I don't think you can, since there isn't any real voice acting besides the usual "RAAAAWWRRGGH" in battle.

Yiyang Chen said:
Is there a mod that makes the body look better, 'cause I think the body has a few problems, and I have a few ideas.

1. Well, the game has great graphic, I don't admit it, but the body mesh looks abit too rough, can anyone make a better model. I tried it a few times... or mabye a lot of times but I don't know how to make models with skeletons so, it became crap... What I mean is I want a model with more faces, the body is Ok when you see it far away but when you look at it it's not that comfortable, well you know what I mean.

2. Everybody knows when you kill looters (well the nakad ones, I mean the ones with underwear), their necks look weird, it looks like their necks were cut off and put on other bodies. I think it looks weird maybe you change that by editing the face textures or changing the body color, or whatever.

3. I hope there will be a mod that can make the people in the game talk, the people's mouthes are always closed. You know it's kinda wierd seeing people howling and shouting with their mouthes closed. Well you'll have to change the skeleton.

4. If you can make the mouthes open, it would be really easy to make the characters with mad faces happy faces ond sad faces, or maybe close their eyes.

5. Well there are definitely gonna be mods with explosions, so is there anyway to make the dead not always have a whole body. it would be great if a hand flying ten meters away from the explosions, and a head with no neck half burned, it would be kinda bloody but realistic.

If there are mods like that post a link. Thank you

1. As you found out, making realistic looking bodies is very difficult, as you not only need to have a very good understanding of the topology of a human body, but you also need to be proficient in 3d modelling. Clothed bodies are easier but rigging them for animations still requires you to be proficient in a 3d program.

2. Its the price you pay for modular bodyparts. While it is possible to make a smooth-flowing mesh, getting the cutoff point to match exactly is alot of work and might even be limiting in terms of modelling.

3. Mouth articulation while talking is incredibly difficult to implement, moreso when you want them to sync with what the character is saying. Which is why you don't find this sort of feature in anything other than AAA games with a huge team and budget.

4. Partially answered above, but might be more feasible.

5. While I support dismemberments we're not likely to see that, especially since M&B is a medieval melee game, not a guns & bullets game.

Check out a program called MakeHuman its still in development but its free. With enough time I am betting you can use it to important some really nice realistic looking body parts. Probably even add children models to the game as well.

Yiyang Chen said:
AFAIK you can do this with the face texture... Their mouths will look open.

Yiyang Chen said:
Get lost.
If it's ever done, remember putting in a "turn gore off" setting.
Better not do it at all.

Happy faces, etc. could be done by altering one of the Facegen meshes.  The Facegen system uses a weighted-vertex approach to build the face geometry, and the BRF contains all of the morph states.  Definitely a tricky project, to be sure, but quite possible.

And I made a higher-resolution male / female base body mesh for Blood and Steel, using the Taleworlds model as a base.  Its rigging isn't quite perfect, but it's pretty good, and the polycount isn't excessive.

Back
Top Bottom