SP - General Board Game Tournaments

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel like board games are a fun thing to do on the side, but I feel that there is not much reward; you can make 500 gold off a bet, but the Game Host refuses to play again. Instead of changing this, I feel like there should be occasional board game tournaments held in taverns. When you go to the tavern district, there would be a button for "Join (Board Game Name) Tournament." These should be somewhat based off of real-life chess tournaments.

Structure:
32-spot single-elimination tournament, random placement.

NPC's:
A mixture of townspeople, any notables in town, game masters, and soldiers. Base the AI off of the INT of the character.

Rewards:
Some renown, and either a boring cash prize, a large amount of alcohol (ex. 15 units of beer, especially since it is hosted by a tavern), or a piece of equipment not normally given at tournaments (e.x. a shield). Maybe also allow betting on the tournament.

All in all, I believe this will give a little more character to the games and allow and encourage players to use their skill at the board games for some
extra benefit.

I would enjoy this. I got pretty good at the wolves vs sheep board game and can beat hard difficulty more often than I lose. At least as the wolves. I am pretty bad at playing as sheep.

Playing board games could also be a way to level your tactics skill early on if we want playing as a game master to be a thing a player can get a reputation for.

Back
Top Bottom