BNL EYW - Development/Recruiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, then we can use some of these to put in the version. I just recieved the last texture from Verbeek so I will upload in some hours. Hopefully it's done today.

Maybe we can use more models from that website. Seems really promising at least.

EDIT: Uploading version V0.21 :wink:.

Little progress report of the last days,

I fixed 2 more bugs, the ship background and the position of the Flintlock Pistol, again.

Also I started working on the artillery feature and I can say it is succesfully implanted! Curenntly I am putting in our cannons so they will appear in the good position and I will post screenshots as soon as possible!

54515.jpg

http://www.sharecg.com/v/36999/3D-Model/16th-century-Chateau-for-Vue

When we start making new scenes, we'll need props like this! Awesome stuff.
Even just as a scene prop next to the batllefield it would be awesome

We need some kickass cannons too.

Cannons are coming up :wink:

The building in the pic is too low poly to be of any use in town scenes etc., butmaybe as a scene prop in battle scenes would do just fine.

The screenshots for the cannons :wink:.

The effect;

The cannon balls need some changing, and some cannons need a better placement because they are not completely on the ground yet. Also the Cannoneers will get different armor. Hope you like it :grin:.

yeh it looks awesome!  :eek:
But now you can see how some cannon models look out of place.
That first one is great. the second one needs to dissappear  :mrgreen:

Hi guys sorry ive been inactive for awhile. Heres a couple of drawings of bandits for the bandit screen. If you guys are happy with them then I will colour them up and put them together, but I don't know exactly what you wanted regarding weapons/armour, so if your not happy just say, I won't be offended at all. I want this to be as good as it can be for you guys. I just went for quite basic scruffy material and leather clothing, with a simple straight sword and falchion. Also belts, bandana's etc...

Anyway any suggestions you have I'll work on them as soon as I can.

Lionheart89 said:

Hi guys sorry ive been inactive for awhile. Heres a couple of drawings of bandits for the bandit screen. If you guys are happy with them then I will colour them up and put them together, but I don't know exactly what you wanted regarding weapons/armour, so if your not happy just say, I won't be offended at all. I want this to be as good as it can be for you guys. I just went for quite basic scruffy material and leather clothing, with a simple straight sword and falchion. Also belts, bandana's etc...

Welcome back! Your art looks good right now, only I am a bit doubtful about the weapons. Maybe it should be a little more charastic for the period. Such as Rapiers, pistols etc.

Other question, can you also make some art for ingame? For example when you encounter bandits? That would be nice if you could do that.

Lionheart89 said:

They are already awesome! Though, they look, a little out of time.
The first one looks alright, really. If you could hang a flintlock pistol from his waist, he would be quite nice.
The second one looks too medieval. If you could give him a weapon that fits the age?
Another thing i would like to press is that the clothing in those times was kind of.. extravagant.
like:
MIB%20full%2017th%20Century%20at%20Bodleian%20Libray.jpg
17th%20century%20dress%20c.jpg

And although the banidt will of course wear more rugged or practical clothes, these are a bit too, medievalish.
I always think of them as highwaymen with a rapier and a pistol, in long coats, with bandanas fore their face or on their heads.
A bit like this, but more worn out, rugged, and worn in more casual way.
Coats_and_Vests_Suede_Open_Coat_M100378_1525.jpg
_MG_5253.jpg

The boots are good, they would never wear fancy big pants and big socks and shoes.
One last thing though, these guys look quite long  :grin: i dunno, to me they do.

But i think you've got lotsa talent. I can't even hold a pencil only a mouse  :smile:

Thanks for the suggestions thats exactly the kind of direction I need, as I said i'll get to work on it as soon as possible.

@Jezze, these were sketches for the Ingame art, I was gona basically draw up a few bandits and have them stood together, is this what you had in mind for the Ingame art for the bandits or was it more of a scene that you were looking for?

Can I be your stats guy? My work would be heavily based on Real Combat for M2TW and Realistic Combat Module for Mount Blade.

Jean Plassy said:
Can I be your stats guy? My work would be heavily based on Real Combat for M2TW and Realistic Combat Module for Mount Blade.

It might be a good idea to have someone who can balance everything a bit, so the rest of the team can focus on more creative tasks.

Jean Plassy said:

The more devs, the merrier, my good man

Seems to me like a good idea :wink:. I didn't do anything yet on new armours and such and I thought of adding some new troops to the mod. I can give you the current troop stats etc., but there might be some added or changed in the process. The same counts for the armors and weapons and items.

Back
Top Bottom