BNL EYW - Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

The trick is to only buy ships along the coastal cities. I will change the game menu code so that in the future you can only buy ships at the coastal towns. And from the bridges thing, I started with a new map because this one is old and works crappy. So that should be fixed in the future :wink:.

Verbeek said:
Trimaran said:
I downloaded this mod yesterday and started playing today ''BNL Eighty Years of War V0.21''. When you update the game or fix some bugs do I need to download a patch or redownload the game?

Another thing, as you probably know, when traveeling through most rivers, it's almost impossible to pass through the bridges. I get off the ship very close to the bridge and then board again, and (by luck) I get to the other side of the bridge. Sometimes I need to repeat the getting off boarding process like 5 times...Is there a trick to this? Its really annoying to go through each bridge.

Also I ge stuck when crossing a bridge (on foot). Once I got stuck, then started walking on the river. Couldnt walk on land. So I went back to the bridge and somehow got back on land...

You cant normally sail the rivers anymore now that there are bridges.

And my map icon has also changed from a boat to a knight; after i had been taken prisoner and released at sea.
Is this what you mean?

No, I actually got stuck when travelling, crossing over from one land to the otheron foot. I stopped moving on the bridge and couldnt get free fro some time, then got free but could only walk on the river. So I went back to the same bridge and got stuck again (after a couple of tries). I freed myself once more and this time I was on land, by luck:grin:

Jezze said:
The trick is to only buy ships along the coastal cities. I will change the game menu code so that in the future you can only buy ships at the coastal towns. And from the bridges thing, I started with a new map because this one is old and works crappy. So that should be fixed in the future :wink:.

Thanks...Great mod though I love it! Only negative sides are the names are too complicated and maybe too many factions, big map....It depends on personal choice I guess, some may like bigger and more detailed names, factions, etc...I would prefer a bit simpler:grin:

Keep up the good work;D

Trimaran said:
Jezze said:

Thanks...Great mod though I love it! Only negative sides are the names are too complicated and maybe too many factions, big map....It depends on personal choice I guess, some may like bigger and more detailed names, factions, etc...I would prefer a bit simpler:grin:

Keep up the good work;D

Some factions will be removed, I thought

Trimaran said:
Jezze said:

Keep up the good work;D

I agree, for us, Belgian and Dutch people, it is more easier than you..other people o_O Maybe it is also difficult for us to speak out your names of your cities of your land :wink:

I've noticed the pistols in the game are about as lethal as a pea shooter. They do barely any damage except for headshots to enemies. I know enemies are armoured obviously, but a musket ball powered with lethal force should do at least more than 10-20 damage for a torso shot on a Highwayman.

Banastre said:
I've noticed the pistols in the game are about as lethal as a pea shooter. They do barely any damage except for headshots to enemies. I know enemies are armoured obviously, but a musket ball powered with lethal force should do at least more than 10-20 damage for a torso shot on a Highwayman.

Yeah, JPh has balanced the firearms, but they are not yet included in current version

I got some message that said

"The Village of If you see me, Report the Fire Bug has changed from poor to average"

I have a problem where, I just captured a castle and whenever i try and station a garrison after placing 10 soldiers inside the castle the game crashes.

breadfish101 said:
I have a problem where, I just captured a castle and whenever i try and station a garrison after placing 10 soldiers inside the castle the game crashes.

Do you know which castle this is? And does it happen with more castles?

And I know this is a very common bug in Native and other mods. As far as I know the developers are working on a patch to fix this, only I cannot the topic of it anymore. When I find anything, I will give you a reference.

I have noticed several patrol parties, all stationary with 0 troops. I'm guessing this is an upcoming feature yet to be implemented?

Pepsi_max said:
I have noticed several patrol parties, all stationary with 0 troops. I'm guessing this is an upcoming feature yet to be implemented?

Yes, it is. Normally they should properly, but somehow they do not. I will put more time on them to get them working.

sorry - I'm not sure how to use the forum -- BNL is cool but it crashes on me every 4 min. no matter what I'm doing -- it didn't do this at first but the longer I play the buggier it gets -- can someone point me to commmon fixes

Cymrik said:
sorry - I'm not sure how to use the forum -- BNL is cool but it crashes on me every 4 min. no matter what I'm doing -- it didn't do this at first but the longer I play the buggier it gets -- can someone point me to commmon fixes

That's weird. I assume you use the latest version? Maybe you will need to start a new game to avoid the problem.

Also, on the download page of the mod, there was a discussion how something like this could happen. Someone suggested to reinstall M&B and that worked. Maybe you can do also. http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1577.

Hopefully it helps.

Hi, this is the first mod I downloaded for M&B, and it's a lot of fun! I already played for 14 hours overall.

Some bugs I found:

Helmond - I saved the village "Helmond" from bandits, but they became hostile to me, instead of liking me more.

qqzk7a.jpg

Forest - Maybe my computer is bad, but I usually get 20-40 fps. When I fight in the forest, I lag badly, fps down to 1-5.  Can't take screenshot because of the lag. Recommend less trees maybe?

Those are the only ones that I haven't seen anyone else find yet.

Great mod guys!

Back
Top Bottom