BNL EYW - Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

spijdie said:
its nice verbeek but i won't use it i think :lol:

bug

when i created a new character i began in the ijselmeer weird isn't it and i could walk in sea/lake

and there need to be more bandit groups there are few groups on the map

Ok, I might know the matter of the spawning. Thats fixable.

I added a lot of new bandit groups to the map, but because the map is so big, you bearly encounter them. I will see what can be improved on this.

-Maybe more spawn points and a higher spawn on the map for more activty? Right now it´s a huge map but little to no life there and you´re biding your time looking for easy spawns early on.

-Armors weight is almost the same. Each and everyone weighs around 5 weight units. Almost as much as helmets. I don´t think a full suit of maille and plate should weigh as much as a cheap linen gambeson.

-Flintlock Pistol and Arquebuse are the same statwise and reload wise. I reckon the pistol should be faster to relaod but be more inaccurate than the arquebuse.

- No bridges or recognizable fords at the map. You´ll have to guess where to cross or judge from the AI pathfinding routine.

- Little to no loot.

That´s just a few observations I made while testing your mod. I was lured and attracted by the whole scenario. Keep it up, this seems to become a very promising mod  for once it´s polished.

Jezze said:

I added a lot of new bandit groups to the map, but because the map is so big, you bearly encounter them. I will see what can be improved on this.

good news but make a poll for new bandit groups with people like to have and the kind of armour/weapons

spijdie said:
Jezze said:

good news but make a poll for new bandit groups with people like to have and the kind of armour/weapons

Deciding armours threw a poll will be a bit difficult, maybe its better to suggest some types of bandits. Maybe if I dig around in some books may be I can find something.

Yup, I fixed a lot of bugs yesterday and now I am doing some after-care on the troops and items. After that, the lord will get a refresh and then the map will get a make-over.

I will update the list hopefully this evening.

Other problem,

- Recruits without boots (but easy to solve with the "tf_guarantee_boots" flag).
- "Estoque de Capitano" sounds strange, I think is better to keep all the names in English, if not, it must be "Estoque de Capitán".
- And other problems with the name of some items (just translation).
- When I tried to talk with the Village Elder from Manhay, it jumped to this dialog: Surrender or die, make your choice. Also, the village elder didn't have any clothes and there weren't any items in the trade window.

Lope de Rojas said:
Other problem,

- Recruits without boots (but easy to solve with the "tf_guarantee_boots" flag).
- "Estoque de Capitano" sounds strange, I think is better to keep all the names in English, if not, it must be "Estoque de Capitán".
- And other problems with the name of some items (just translation).
- When I tried to talk with the Village Elder from Manhay, it jumped to this dialog: Surrender or die, make your choice. Also, the village elder didn't have any clothes and there weren't any items in the trade window.

That from the menu should be a bug, will take a look at it.

EDIT, The dialogue bug I did not have. Probably I fixed it earlier by editing another same problem. The both cloth bugs are fixed now.

Hello, my first time trying a mod for this game so it might just be me doing it wrong but I can't get it to work.
The loading screen gives me an Eighty Years of War loading screen but when I start a new game it's just the standard game.
Do I have to do anything special to install it besides dumping it into the Mount&Blade folder?

hellothere said:
Hello, my first time trying a mod for this game so it might just be me doing it wrong but I can't get it to work.
The loading screen gives me an Eighty Years of War loading screen but when I start a new game it's just the standard game.
Do I have to do anything special to install it besides dumping it into the Mount&Blade folder?

You must put it in the Modules folder, not in the M&B folder. To run the module, select one from the selection screen when you start up the game. I suggest you reinstall M&B so you have the original files again and put the mod in the Modules folder. Maybe this tutorial helps; http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59606.msg1540952.html#msg154095

I did that and now whenever i start the loading screen freezes at processing INI file and I get "RLG error unable to open file; Commonres/ani_walk_sideways.brf  :???:

hellothere said:
I did that and now whenever i start the loading screen freezes at processing INI file and I get "RLG error unable to open file; Commonres/ani_walk_sideways.brf  :???:

Something wrong with your M&B game or the mod. Seems pretty weird. Hopefully it works now.

Fixed another bug today, the market screen, it get the texture out of the banners file and that one was replaced with the banner from Brabant :razz:.

Another thing I need to report, if there will be bridges in the rivers, you won't be able to sail on a river at all. I do not know if it's possible to change those map icons somehow that you can sail threw them. But currently the bridges are on the rivers so for ships it is not able any more to sail on most rivers. So I suggest you buy a ship in the coastal towns.

Back
Top Bottom