Bloodskull's native weapon replacement thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Heafodban

Knight at Arms
THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO BE USED BY MEMBERS, OR A MEMBER, OF THE CoT TEAM, UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING AWESOME TO SAY PLEASE DON'T CLUTTER IT WITH SUGGESTIONS THAT PROBABLY WON'T BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT! THANK YOU.

Below I shall post pictures of the weapons I have created, with their names above the spoiler image with the version number, starting at 1, when you want something changed, improved, or don't want it at all be sure to list it's name, version number and the specifics of what you want.

Bloodskull Claymore 1
claymore2.png

Bloodskull Claymore Sheath 1
claymoresheath.png

Mace 1
mace.png

Javelin 1 And JavelinQuiver 1
javelin.png

GreatAxe 1
greataxe.png

Warhammer 1
warhammerwings.png

CurvedSword 1
curvedsword.png

Bill 1
bill.png

Necromantic 1
necromantich.png

Woah, nice weapons! You certainly have a unique style of models. These look fantastic!  The mace looks especially tasty.

I'm sure we can find a use for these. Thanks!

love the javelin, can u do vertex rigging? because the quiver would need vertex rigging (in order to look awesome in game), i can give u tips on how to do that, pm me if u want to know (so in case u already know how to do so), i could do it for u, but right now i have no .vta support for my 3dmax. (which is the most essential file type for vertex rigging, DOH!!)

No, I do not know how to do vertex rigging, and I'm not really looking for more things to learn.

But I'll send you the models should you get your program working. Keep in mind none of my models have been tested yet, I was learning how to put them in game and got lazy when it came down to the python scripting.

Good job on adjusting the mace; it looks great! :smile: I also like how you've done the sack kind off quiver with the javelins, keep up the good work!

Those weapons are awesome! Its like the Unique armoury thingy... Can you do fantasy stuff and also armours too? And by the way, if you don't recognize me, im from the team.

I suppose I can do fantasy stuff, but I was told that you guys were trying to replace the native items so I'm doing some of that now, I really doubt I'll ever get close though, with Empire total war coming and all, but maybe in future versions.

I have not tried armor yet, it looks like a lot of work! I don't like lots of work lol.

BloodskullMannoroth said:
I suppose I can do fantasy stuff, but I was told that you guys were trying to replace the native items so I'm doing some of that now, I really doubt I'll ever get close though, with Empire total war coming and all, but maybe in future versions.

I have not tried armor yet, it looks like a lot of work! I don't like lots of work lol.

Hehe, I hear you. Good work sir!  Don't be afraid to go slightly ornate or add more of a fantasy flair to your models.  These look nice though.

You could just model and texture the armours and send them to the riggers.. But yeah, keep up the good work, those look awesome :grin:

Rigging is the worst part of making armor. Not to mention that it's 10x easier to rig armor if it was made with rigging in mind. If you're just making armor and shipping it off to someone else, it's probably going to be a pain in the ass. I learned rigging for M&B modelling. If he doesn't want to do the work to learn how to rig, then don't expect me to cover the slack :wink:

Regardless, we can at least enjoy his weapon models for replacing the native ones. There's nothing wrong with just making weapons.

Yep, I've heard that rigging a random suit of armour is actually harder than making a new one from the ground up.

Regardless, we have quite a lot of pieces of armour, so they're not especially urgent. New weapons are still very useful.

Believe me Khandrak, I (and I'm sure we all) are grateful for your rigging services.  The fact that you can make some awesome armor models to rig as well also doesn't hurt!

I can try and retexture some native armor like I did with Gilaes and the rusty mail some of the Plagued use to cover for some of the model gaps armorwise.  It's much easier for me to re-texture something then for Khandrak to rig a completely new suit.  In fact, for the Illoriaon armor, perhaps we should consider doing a few texture recolors for different ranks?  We'll still need quite a few armor sets, but it will allow even more variety in telling the different troop types apart.

I'm probably not going to be going crazy with the modeling for a while, with school and E:TW, I'll probably start up sometime later, if someone wants the models I've done so far I'll send them over, though I'd like to state once more, that they have not been tested and for all I know I made some mistake that renders them useless.

So yeah, I'm not quitting just yet, but don't expect any updates for a while, not to say my modeling is of pivotal importance.

Also, on the side, how do you feel about me reusing native sword sheaths for any new sword models I might do? It's just that the detail in the textures of the sheaths is something that would be hard for me to replicate, you know, with all the overlapping straps and such, they've made theirs somewhat extravagant.

Using the same sheaths is fine. 

If you want to send me the additional models, I'll certainly give them a shot in-game to test them. 

The models are having some issues in-game that I don't know how to correct.  The inventory view is top down on the weapon instead of off to the side, and when swinging the weapon the character continues to hold it upright.  For instance if you hold a sword in your hand and swing with it, your hand moves to the front of you but the weapon stays held upright, with the blade facing straight up. 

So far I've only been able to include the Javelins due to this.  My initial plan was to make these available for regular purchase in the shops.

the great axe should work fine, while the mace is terribly orientated, i would suggest working with a template model (from native) put at the side of ur work to get a better reference to size, orientation and length... and keep in mind, the point (0,0,0) is often where the hand is holding the model, so it helps to put the model properly where u want the ingame character to hold...

resized and reorientated ur mace, i'm guessing the axe was made with native's as a guide?

will slap on one of my textures and test it in a while...

Back
Top Bottom