Blood and Steel 1.6 ALPHA- Testers wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Hey, all. 

Blood and Steel's giant Warband Engine graphics overhaul is pretty close to complete. 

I would like a lot of testers to check things out and report any problems with the new shaders. 

I don't normally advertise goings-on with the mod beyond the mod's sub-forum, but this one is special, so I've decided to let people know about it here.

For people who aren't aware of what Blood and Steel is, it's described at massive length here.  Basically, think "Low Fantasy meets brutal realism", with a much more violent, large-scale approach to the warfare in Mount and Blade.  Armies are huge, combat is fast and deadly; I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, but it's reasonably fun.

For people who just want to see screenshots and videos before deciding whether to try out something new, here are some screens and videos, showcasing various elements of the advanced graphics technology in the mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMuk3AE5cVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqdJFfHNgXg

1_6_shots001.jpg

1_6_shots002.jpg

1_6_shots003.jpg

Anyhow, anybody who wants to try this out, you'll be able to find the 1.6 ALPHA build here when the file's done uploading.  Give it about 30 minutes from the time of this post.  Make sure to download the 1.6 ALPHA if you want to see all the snazzy new tech.

Download Link

Testing's going fairly well; looks like I have a few bugs to sort out, but nothing really crippling.  I'll take a look at these things and issue a patch for them asap :smile:

First patch is up; this should address:

1.  Certain objects not showing up in stores.
2.  "Odd Blanket" water / wind bug.
3.  Aleph pay cannot be taken out if player doesn't own Aleph yet but attempts to siege.
4.  Fixed horse-archer behavior to provide a little better compatibility with standard commands.
5.  Changed hair shader a bit to work better in situations with high dark / light differences between sun / specular / ambient light.
6.  Horses take normal damage (note that this does not necessarily address the specific issue with couched-lance damage, that requires a bit more thought).
7.  Sisters of Mercy are no longer "archers".

Anyhow, that's it; to install the patch, just drop the contents of the zip file into whatever directory you have 1.6 Alpha installed.

Thanks to everybody who's given feedback thus far :smile:

New patch is up; resolves most of the outstanding issues with the new shaders, fixes lots of the small gameplay bugs. 

Thanks very much to testers who've contributed to this project thus far :smile:

Another quick shot of lighting, in this case, a night scene. 
new_bs_screen02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom