Blog 1 - RaW 2.6 what? Where? When?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seek n Destroy said:
RaW 2.5 was only partially updated to 1.161 or something whilst the current version is 1.168 with a new Warband update coming soon™ which is said to not break mod compatibility but I'd still like to explore, if any, added functionalities besides the new game-mode.

Joub can only be accountable, at most, for 33,33(...)% of the delay while the rest is me and a bit of Rgcotl. He (Rg) did make the necessary for a new update though but there's always some areas with room for improvement and I need help with the boring stuff. It wouldn't be fair not to mention Efrem which has been really helpful and strangely active until he disappeared again. I'm certain that if I misspell a Greek name or something he'll show up again  :razz:

Of course I will! I've got a radar for misspelled words of a dead Language on the net. Hell, It was a very stressful time till now... even Steam sent me messages to know if I were still alive, lol.

What can I say to the RaW fans is that the long delay of the new version or patch (or whatever it is) totally deserves Your patience. You know, these guys posting developer blogs are extremely honest. Maybe honesty and the lack of compromise are enemies of hype, but the final result is what counts most. More than me helping it was me being pedantic and exhausting: "Change this name!"; "Remove this city!"; "We don't have evidence!". That is what was going on for a long time. I don't want to make boring or conceited explanations about unit names and translitteration. You'll see and judge  :wink:. Since You love RaW for so many features that is nearly impossible to say, I'm convinced that You will love (like always) this little team giant efforts to have historical accuracy and also playability. Waiting will be rewarded.

Have you ever thought about adding the chance to customize our own troops? Like in Nova Aetas. It would be cool to have our own troop tree with our own troops if we want, for example, make a gaulish kingdom in Rome?

Well speaking about combinations we working a little that way unfortunately newest and oldest models do not really fits that well so glithes might pop out and we had no wishes to make mod with is full of visual mistakes
in future if we ever get back on reworking all assets it might be really possibile to do combinations in the deepest possibile level

The fact that you're not only making a great MP mod, but also an impressive SP one, makes your continued work worth it (SP mods can have a life of their own far beyond what MP mods can when player numbers drop). This mod is the most exciting one still in development, in my opinion. Keep it up!  :party:

tIBSg.jpg
TnB_p.jpg

I'm still checking my files, got some duplicates of my source files for some reason. Fixed some glitched up javelin and going to finally bother adding scabbards for the swords.

Seek n Destroy said:
tIBSg.jpg
TnB_p.jpg

I'm still checking my files, got some duplicates of my source files for some reason. Fixed some glitched up javelin and going to finally bother adding scabbards for the swords.
cool!

:wink: osprey titles coming sooon...

20 Sep: The Etruscans, 9th–2nd Centuries BC

Ancient Rome had deep roots in the 'Villanovan' culture that we call today the Etruscans. Their long-lived civilization can be traced to 900-750 BC in north-west Italy. They were a sea-faring people trading with and competing against Greek and Phoenician peoples, including the Carthaginians. They were also a great land-based power, especially in the 'Classical' period, where they expanded their power north into the Po Valley and south to Latium. In the 6th century BC an Etruscan dynasty ruled Rome, and their power extended southwards to the Amalfi coast. In 509 BC the Romans rose up to expel their kings, which began the long 'Etruscan twilight' when their power was squeezed by the Samnites and, most especially, the Romans. Drawing on archaeological evidence including warrior tombs, paintings, sculptures, and fully illustrated throughout, this study examines one of the early rivals to Ancient Rome.

18 Oct: Legion versus Phalanx

From the time of Ancient Sumeria, the heavy infantry phalanx dominated the battlefield. Armed with spears or pikes, standing shoulder to shoulder with shields interlocking, the men of the phalanx presented an impenetrable wall of wood and metal to the enemy. Until, that is, the Roman legion emerged to challenge them as masters of infantry battle.Covering the period in which the legion and phalanx clashed (280-168 BC), Myke Cole delves into their tactics, arms and equipment, organization and deployment. Drawing on original primary sources to examine six battles in which the legion fought the phalanx - Heraclea (280 BC), Asculum (279 BC), Beneventum (275 BC), Cynoscephalae (197 BC), Magnesia (190 BC), and Pydna (168 BC) - he shows how and why the Roman legion, with its flexible organization, versatile tactics and iron discipline, came to eclipse the hitherto untouchable Hellenistic phalanx and dominate the ancient battlefield.

The Army of Pyrrhus of Epirus

Pyrrhus was one of the most tireless and famous warriors of the Hellenistic Age that followed the dispersal of Alexander the Great's brief empire. After inheriting the throne as a boy, and a period of exile, he began a career of alliances and expansion, in particular against the region’s rising power: Rome. Gathering both Greek and Italian allies into a large army (which included war-elephants), he crossed to Italy in 280 BC, but lost most of his force in a series of costly victories at Heraclea and Asculum. After a campaign in Sicily against the Carthaginians, he was defeated by the Romans at Beneventum and was forced to withdraw. Undeterred, he fought wars in Macedonia and Greece, the last of which cost him his life.

Seek n Destroy said:
tIBSg.jpg
TnB_p.jpg

Lovely screenies mate !

Back
Top Bottom