Blog 1 - RaW 2.6 what? Where? When?

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy to hear nice news from this amazing mod ^^
... But please guys, fix Cremona location, it's above the Po, not under that river :razz:

Also, why adding Cremona instead of Acerrae, Laus Boii or Clastidium? Cremona had no importance (it was probably just a group of scattered houses), while Acerrae was the last Insubrian stronghold before Milan (its real gaulish name was "Mesiolanon").

Thanks for the feedback but we were not done on the research so I used some placeholders. Sorry for some misplaced towns/castles/villages but the map isn't geographically correct so it makes it a real chore to place things properly, I'm not going to spend hours taking measurements on this one. Hopefully the next patch will be the last version with that map and we'll move on the one planned for 2.6.
I'll do some checking and research around Cremona, figured it would have been more important since it was founded by Celts ~400 B.C.

Seek n Destroy said:
Thanks for the feedback but we were not done on the research so I used some placeholders. Sorry for some misplaced towns/castles/villages but the map isn't geographically correct so it makes it a real chore to place things properly, I'm not going to spend hours taking measurements on this one. Hopefully the next patch will be the last version with that map and we'll move on the one planned for 2.6.
I'll do some checking and research around Cremona, figured it would have been more important since it was founded by Celts ~400 B.C.

I personally live in that area of northern Italy, at the times part of the Po Valley was covered by huge swamps. The area around Cremona was famous in the middle ages for the presence of a big lake called Gerundo. I can just suppose during the ancient times that lake was even bigger than what it was during the medieval period, and the outskirt of it was just an endless swamp. Living in those places, in southern lombardy, was very difficult, in fact the majority of the celtic settlements in my region are all on the first hills just before the alps.

Finished the trade routes, finally something to scratch off the to-do list  :party:

GzOih.png

Now I'll check Heinrik von Waiblingen's suggestions plus some other from Efrem.

#Edit 2:
Correct, I expected to have some slightly out of place things but seems I severely misplaced some parties, fixed it a bit based on Efrem's feedback:
uj5bI.jpg

You should send a message to Duh to get the mod board into the updated section. I did so for Vikingr, and also told him that RaW was compatible with the newest version of Warband, but he told me that a developer/moderator of the mod had to confirm it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,352735.msg8589828.html#msg8589828

Working on it double-speed but there's still quite a bit to do, doing the finishing touches on the map with the help of Efrem. After that there's scenes, troops, AoR script rewrite, textures and optimization/fixes to be done in order to release the update.

Keyword here is "From" and "to", meaning that I intended to recapitulate what happened in that time-span or is it simply taunting the long time it takes us to finish the patch?
I could possibly cut content to speed up release, the critically needed things are scenes and a fix for the AoR script plus a multitude of minor (but time consuming) tweaks and fixes, all the rest is an added bonus.

Right, I just didn't figure out what you meant with the sentence then. And yeah, I was just poking at you. Personally, I really don't mind the wait, especially when I wouldn't even have the chance to play the mod much in my current situation  :lol:

Seek n Destroy said:
I know  :cry:
I've been using this as motivation to finish the update once and for all, this way I'll make sure everything is properly ported to the latest Warband version.

But, it already is compatible. I'm just terribly annoyed that I have that one extra click to get to the sub-forum...

Simply send a message. Look, here's mine (I assume it's OK I post the PM here):

Duh said:
Dansk viking said:
Greetings,

I see that the Warband mod area has been cleaned up a bit, which I suppose was needed.

I just want to point out that Vikingr released a version compatible with the newest version of Warband last week: Link.

I can also confirm that, since I play it from time to time, Rome at War is compatible with the most recent version.

Have a good day.
Cheers for the update on Vikingr. It really bothered me to list it for the inactive board. Will ask Janus to move it back.

As for Rome at War - One of the board moderators or developers has to make to request/update.

Best,
Duh

Dansk viking said:
Seek n Destroy said:
I know  :cry:
I've been using this as motivation to finish the update once and for all, this way I'll make sure everything is properly ported to the latest Warband version.

But, it already is compatible. I'm just terribly annoyed that I have that one extra click to get to the sub-forum..

Shh, Seek believes in integrity and such nonsense rather than marketing. Feel free to draw your own conclusions from that, but I suppose I am 90% responsible for the lack of scenes and a new version.

RaW 2.5 was only partially updated to 1.161 or something whilst the current version is 1.168 with a new Warband update coming soon™ which is said to not break mod compatibility but I'd still like to explore, if any, added functionalities besides the new game-mode.

Joub can only be accountable, at most, for 33,33(...)% of the delay while the rest is me and a bit of Rgcotl. He (Rg) did make the necessary for a new update though but there's always some areas with room for improvement and I need help with the boring stuff. It wouldn't be fair not to mention Efrem which has been really helpful and strangely active until he disappeared again. I'm certain that if I misspell a Greek name or something he'll show up again  :razz:

It's all explained in the first post. There will be a release before/if we resume work on 2.6 which has been on hold since February since it was too ambitious and we were all busy with our lives. Which also seems to be the case lately, I'm trying to finish the scenes for 2.55 but that isn't working out great.

Back
Top Bottom