Bloc's warband missing features mod list (No Download/Showcase)

Users who are viewing this thread

The difference here is that these Devs, who I thought had a very strong vision of their game catered to us and its own trajectory and legacy - deliberately decided to screw us and go the console accessible route.
You know this is literally just a tinfoil hat, right? The idea that there's a bunch of cut features because of console support is just something people made up. There can be features missing that you want, and console support, without one being the cause of the other.

You know this is literally just a tinfoil hat, right? The idea that there's a bunch of cut features because of console support is just something people made up. There can be features missing that you want, and console support, without one being the cause of the other.

Im not a conspiracy person - its a matter of resources and design vision. If there is a weak link in the chain -console will be it until they are at par with the common gaming PC - which looks like it might be this incoming current crop but that is not the target market for Bannerlord. Developers simplifying games in the name of "accessibility "has a long history and does not lie in the conspiracy range by any margin.

The game as we see here falls far short of the implied game they were looking to promote all these years now. I think its safe to say the longterm PC base that has been loyal since M&B1 is disappointed. The newer casual fans including the steam PC crowd is fine with it -as many of them know nothing to compare it to.

The idea that there's a bunch of cut features because of console support is just something people made up.
mexxico himself literally came to forum and said "decision makers wants me to dump down campaign ai for console port". After this statement, what do you think people are gonna think?

I do not think the real reason is the console port. The real reason TW do not want to bother itself with porting a feature complete Bannerlord. When I say feature complete, what I mean is all of the previous Warband features and devblog features included in Bannerlord. Because me and 3 million consumer gave them enough reason that they can sell huge amount of copies without perfecting their game. With console port, they will get another huge sum of money in a short period of time.

mexxico himself literally came to forum and said "decision makers wants me to dump down campaign ai for console port". After this statement, what do you think people are gonna think?
I witnessed this. It was a bitter blackpill.

I do not think the real reason is the console port. The real reason TW do not want to bother itself with porting a feature complete Bannerlord. When I say feature complete, what I mean is all of the previous Warband features and devblog features included in Bannerlord. Because me and 3 million consumer gave them enough reason that they can sell huge amount of copies without perfecting their game. With console port, they will get another huge sum of money in a short period of time.
I think they want to make a good game but forgot how to do it and are afraid to see what the forum tells them it is because, deep down, they know they don't have the organizational capacity to accomplish the things they did over a decade ago with a much smaller team.

Some devs have been honest that they've never played the original M&B and were surprised to hear that we wanted things like feasts and banners and intrigue quests. Like it literally blew their minds that we wanted features that were in vanilla WB, let alone VC, or things that were explicitly repeatedly promised during early development.

And all the commented-out game content proves that they originally had a much more ambitious vision that - presumably - caused a raging panic a few months before EA launch because they couldn't dream of actually doing half of it. To be fair, I'm sure they also panicked thinking about how woke Americans would react to all of the historically-accurate slavery content they had in there.

I remember hearing someone from TW saying at some point that they don't want too many UI elements because of consoles.

I'll leave this here and leave doing the barrel rolling laughing....:lol:

Taleworlds planned to have Archery, Jousting and Horse Racing in Tournaments in the game initially, however like many other features, they decided to remove those. So I decided to see how they would feel like if they were in the game. Let me know what you guys think.

For this purpose, I dug up the old code and reviewed the Archery - it was still usable. I also saw the jousting in there and tried to review it, but it was beyond recoverable, then I decided to write my own version. For horse racing, they only had bare-bones and wasn't working, so I scrapped that too and created my own version. In the video, you will see the following: Horse Racing: You start in Imperial Hippodrome and race against other riders. First person to finish second lap wins. Archery: You start with bow and arrow. You need to shoot the clay pots. If you break the most, you will win. Jousting: Also pretty simple. You charge each other, if you pass your enemy, both will go back to starting point and try again. After like 60-90 seconds, if no conclusion happens, both will leave your horses and fight on foot for your honor. Each culture will start with their own characteristic equipment. Took around 3 days, including creation of the Hippodrome scene by FoozleMcDoodle

TW can you just hire Bloc already to add all those "extra" features? I'm sure as a gift to the community with the millions of copies sold you can afford to pay 1 guy a very good salary.
I can't even fanthom what he'd be able to accomplish with full access to everything as an official employee.

TW can you just hire Bloc already to add all those "extra" features? I'm sure as a gift to the community with the millions of copies sold you can afford to pay 1 guy a very good salary.
I can't even fanthom what he'd be able to accomplish with full access to everything as an official employee.
I unironically agree with this. Just pay him and make those features into the base game, come on, do it

afford to pay 1 guy a very good salary.
Taleworlds:

200w.gif

No, he didn't follow the process of vetting of new features by the Designer Rejection Committee that would have rejected them as too complex and confusing, and outside the Taleworlds Tunnel Vision (tm).
So getting him employed would accomplish almost nothing. They would put him straight on bug-fixing to solve problems they can't.

Now that's how archery tournament should look like! As a secondary effect, it will increase pottery demand in the city 😁👌

No, he didn't follow the process of vetting of new features by the Designer Rejection Committee that would have rejected them as too complex and confusing, and outside the Taleworlds Tunnel Vision (tm).
So getting him employed would accomplish almost nothing. They would put him straight on bug-fixing to solve problems they can't.

If this should work he should of course have mandate to just do whatever features they agree on with limited oversight.

Back
Top Bottom